PDA

View Full Version : Drawings of the week...

Imbrium
January 18th, 2004, 01:32 PM
:lol: Hi Y'all.

I managed to doodle a little this week. Here are two drawings: The first one started off as a lesson in one point perspective, and the idea was to just draw stairs. But I discovered that stairs weren't very exciting...so I added people, then stones, then color. Something that I discovered while doing so was that charcoal doesn't go well with graphite. (color was done in photoshop)

The mermaid was an experiment with colored pencils..so I kept her nice and 2 dimensional so as not to complicate things.

Imbrium
January 18th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Ok, and these are some sketches. Most were done while I was talking on the phone, so if they are at an odd angle, thats why.

My drawings tend to be slanted if I'm not careful. I think I started out left handed, but was forced into right handed-ness by my mean pre-school and kindergarten teachers.

Imbrium
January 18th, 2004, 01:47 PM
continuation on sketches....

Morr
January 18th, 2004, 02:04 PM
i love them!!
My fave is the Mermaid!
I draw a lot like that too... I usually do b&w drawing pencils stuff.. sometimes I use colored pencils too.. i also paint a lot... i LOVE fantasy art!
Good job! Those are awesome sketches - espcially if they were done "while talking over the phone", they still look as if you really worked long & hard on them.. if drawing comes that easy for you - I'm sure you can get very very far with you art! good luck!!
Blessings,
Michelle

Flar's Freyja
January 18th, 2004, 03:39 PM
You're very talented! What do you plan to do with this?

I think the dancers are my favorite.

Imbrium
January 18th, 2004, 04:56 PM
You're very talented! What do you plan to do with this?

I think the dancers are my favorite.
Thank you. Actually, I'm just drawing to make myself do it. My only direction at the moment is to learn. I wish I could take some classes...

I'm posting my sketches and stuff here in order to get over some self-consciousness. After all, I can't go anywhere with art if I'm not willing to let other people see....I really hate drawing attention to myself, and this is like self-help thereapy.
:floating:

Romani Vixen
January 18th, 2004, 06:04 PM
excelent again. More!! Want to see more!!

Flaire-FireStar
January 18th, 2004, 10:16 PM
:yourock: I love the mermaid :heartthro

CalliopeHellice
January 18th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Ok, and these are some sketches. Most were done while I was talking on the phone, so if they are at an odd angle, thats why.

My drawings tend to be slanted if I'm not careful. I think I started out left handed, but was forced into right handed-ness by my mean pre-school and kindergarten teachers.

ooo--I like all of them!

My boyfriend is a cartoonist, and a lefty...he has very tidy handwriting (he actually has his hand angled so that he is writing upside down when he writes), and can draw VERY well (wish I had stuff of his to share)...I doubt his parents would have stood for a teacher trying to change his left-handedness. I know that in kindergarten, a teacher tried to "fix" my sister's lefthandedness...until my mother bitched her out. Now my sis is ambidextrous! LOL...

Anyhow, good pics...:D

mol
January 23rd, 2004, 11:35 AM
Thank you. Actually, I'm just drawing to make myself do it. My only direction at the moment is to learn. I wish I could take some classes...

I'm posting my sketches and stuff here in order to get over some self-consciousness. After all, I can't go anywhere with art if I'm not willing to let other people see....I really hate drawing attention to myself, and this is like self-help thereapy.
:floating:
Classes are overrated. Just draw! You rock. Some anatomy problems here and there but overall you have a great style and fluid linework. KEEP POSTING SKETCHES! This is awesome. I love it.

Nissala
January 23rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
you are VERY talented!!!! Even if the doodles while on the telephone are lopsided .... its very VERY good!

Avalon
January 23rd, 2004, 12:51 PM
Imbrium, what gorgeous sketches! Excellent work...I really like the girls on the stairs...

:yourock:

13thChylde
January 23rd, 2004, 03:46 PM
WOW ~ I wish I could draw....but I have a hard time even tracing something! :lol:

I love the mermaid. My bathroom is slowly being wallpapered in mermaid pictures. She's gorgeous.

Xentor
January 23rd, 2004, 07:49 PM
Imbrium, your doodles are better than my best paintings. You rock!

Calyx
January 23rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
Imbrium,
I've said it before, and I'll say it again--you rock! :woot:
You are really, really talented.
I'm jealous! :lol:

amberwolf
January 24th, 2004, 09:05 PM
What great pictures you are really quite talented I love the One of the Mermaid carry on posting your pics