PDA

View Full Version : My New Sketchbook...

Bainidhe Dub
January 20th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Ok.. it's only one drawing for right now. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things, so.... It's the first time I've picked up a pencil & sketchbook in four or five years....be kind? lol...

On this one - *sigh* her face is a bit.. out of proportion from the original picture, but hey.... Karma points to whoever can tell me who it is! *grins*

Desert_Yaqui
January 20th, 2004, 08:48 PM
:wave: LadyPhoenix!

First off, very nice rendering--especially since you haven't touched pencils in years!

Secondly, while there is a sense of familiarity about this lady; I'm not sure who she is...
However, she does remind me of a very young Jaclyn Smith.

Bainidhe Dub
January 20th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Hint: She sings - I just got her cd... and wow... I love it lol. Thanks by the way DY... It was really hard to do - I'm so afraid of messing up or that I'm not as good as I was *sad smile*

Desert_Yaqui
January 20th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Sorry, but the hint doesn't help... Couldn't even begin to guess... I'm not real hip on current music. sorry :(

arienh
January 20th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Wow that is really good!!! Is it Norah Jones?

Bainidhe Dub
January 20th, 2004, 09:13 PM
YAY! Yeah it's Norah lol *smiles* boy it makes me feel better that it actually looks like her *smiles*

DY - she's got a wonderful voice, very mellow.

Desert_Yaqui
January 20th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Nope... Still don't know who she is... Does she sound anything like Natalie Merchant?

Bainidhe Dub
January 20th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Norah's kind of like a smooth jazz sound...

AmethystMoon08
January 20th, 2004, 10:56 PM
that's awesome! this picture? http://www.musicomh.com/albums/norah-jones.jpg

Calyx
January 20th, 2004, 11:14 PM
LadyPhoenix,
That's wonderful! You are *very* talented! :)

mol
January 23rd, 2004, 11:32 AM
Ok.. it's only one drawing for right now. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things, so.... It's the first time I've picked up a pencil & sketchbook in four or five years....be kind? lol...

On this one - *sigh* her face is a bit.. out of proportion from the original picture, but hey.... Karma points to whoever can tell me who it is! *grins*
Excellent! Good to see another sketchbook started. :) And now for the crits:

Good line work. The first thing that jumped out at me was the lip. It needs to be refined. Its a little pooched out on the right side. The work on the eyes is done well. Except, the lashes. The usually start out at the outside edges.

Keep going and post MORE! Hope the crits help!

Flaire-FireStar
January 23rd, 2004, 11:25 PM
Aww, I was going to say it was Polgara the Sorceress.. But it IS lovely. :)

amberwolf
January 24th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Thats a really nice drawing you are one talented gurl :)

redthewitch75
January 31st, 2004, 03:07 AM
That was a good drawing, but I thought it was Julia Roberts!
Keep up the good work!