PDA

View Full Version : Rise and Shine!

Mina
July 13th, 2001, 12:07 AM
I've always been interested in astronomy and found this info out today......NASA's Morning Coffee and Planets
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast10jul_1.htm?friend

From July 13th though the 18th, four planets (Venus, Saturn, Jupiter, and Mercury), a red star (Aldebaran), and a crescent moon will form a spectacular grouping in the pre-dawn eastern sky. At this site you can read all about what to look for, where to look for it, and how to look for it. Simple diagrams and text explain what's happening for the novice skywatcher and you can even click on a button to hear the information read to you. As with all NASA webpages, words that may need more definition are highlighted and hotlinked to glossaries and other web pages that give more detail.

My question is..... does this have any astrological implications?

Mairwen
July 13th, 2001, 06:49 PM
I dunno, but those planets are playing major games in my chart this year. Interesting!

Litha
July 22nd, 2001, 10:35 PM
Aldebaran is a Fixed Star and one of the four "Guardians of Heaven" - sentinels watching over other stars. It formed one of the four royal stars of Persia as Watcher of the East. This is one of the four ancient key stars in the heavens, also called archangel stars; Michael (Aldebaran) watcher of the East - Military Commander of the Heavenly Host. The others are; Gabriel (Fomalhaut) watcher of the South; Raphael (Regulus) Watcher of the North; Oriel (Antares) Watcher of the West. At one time they marked the two Equinoxes and two Solstices.
They have been characterized as Horses, reflected both in the famed Four Horsemen of Apocalypse (Revelations 6) and Chariot Horses in the Book of Zechariah.
The oldest known zodiac was measured from Aldebaran, and its rising in April marked the beginning of the Babylonian year. Because of this, it was known as the 'Forecaster' and the 'Star of the Tablet', and was sacred to the god Nabu, who inscribed on a tablet the decisions taken at the spring congress of the gods.

General astrological influence of the star: It gives honor, intelligence, eloquence, steadfastness, integrity, popularity, courage, ferocity, a tendency to sedition, a responsible position, public honors and gain of power and wealth through others, but its benefits seldom prove lasting and there is also danger of violence and sickness. (credits to V.Robeson)

Shatril
November 7th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I found the explanation of the stars as very interesting. I certainly explains the LBRP in a whole new way for me.

:hugz: Shatril