PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Circle, Danbury, CT

Danustouch
July 13th, 2001, 10:24 AM
Hello All!!

I'm a former member of an open circle, which operates out of Danbury, CT. I left, when I moved out of state, but miss it terribly. While I've been gone, the circle has gone through multiple changes. It even took a couple of brief hiatus' for reconstruction, and because the founders were getting things ready for their new baby. Well, the new baby is here, and already two months old, and they are opening up the circle again. Moonlight Circle is a wonderful group, which serves the greater Danbury area, as well as other areas of CT, and even parts of NY (which is close to Danbury). It is an "Open" circle, by which I mean it does not restrict membership. There are no dues (though there is a donation jar out at gatherings, in case you'd like to donate a buck or two to go toward materials, or refreshments), no degrees, no applications, etc, etc, etc. It is also open in the way that it is Multi-Path oriented. It does not adhere to a strict ritual outline from any one tradition. In fact, Bhuddists, Hindu's, Ba'haii's, Native American Shamans, Druids, Jews, and Christians, all have an open invitation to these circles, and have in the past, been part of their celebrations! It gears itsself toward "general pagan" or "earth worship" ideals. The founders are Wiccan in background, but knowledgeable about SEVERAL paths, and are just wonderful people. Anyway, as I said, they are opening up again, and seeking new membership. Much of their membership moved out of state for Jobs, or for family issues. And still others moved on to other circles, during their hiatus. So...I'm hoping that if any of you are from CT, or parts of NY, you might consider visiting this link, which is their homepage, and look into Moonlight Circle. It's a truly wonderful group. If you have any questions, you can ask either me, or Tyrnen (who founded the group.) who's email address is on the website.

http://www.geocities.com/moonlightcircle.htm

Danustouch
July 13th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Sorry..typed the link wrong...try this.

Http://www.geocities.com/moonlightcircle

This one works! LOL.

Selenia
July 21st, 2001, 05:52 PM
thanks for the info :)
I used to date a scrumptious fireman in Danbury; nature is very lovely in that area.
I'm not surpised that there would be an active pagan circle there!

Niamh
July 22nd, 2001, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the wonderful info/review of the Circle in Danbury. I've lived in CT most of my life, and have heard of this Open Circle (even before I began exploring the Craft).

I still feel, after two years, that I'm a "beginner" and not exactly ready to partake in a Circle. I know it would be a good learning experience, and I know I'll be ready soon. And you're good words about this one in particular has made me feel better about my considering participating. Thanks!

I don't know if what I wrote makes any sense at all. I know people who have had negative experience with joining different circles and groups when they weren't ready for the experience. That is why I've been wary of going to anything myself.

Danustouch
July 24th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Dear Niamh,

I know what you are saying. And no circle is without it's moments of chaos :) Moonlight Circle did have it's ups and downs, little disagreements between members, etc. However, all in all, it is the most wonderful Circle i've ever been a part of. The founders, Vin, and Holly, are the most kind people I know...and they REALLY care. My advice to you would be to first, attend just a couple of the Study groups. There's no commitment involved in that. Go to one or two of their study groups, or community service projects, and get to know the people. Feel them out..ya know? If you decide you like it..then you might feel ready to try one of the ceremonies. But...I will tell you this. The Ceremonies are ALWAYS lovely, peaceful, and meaningful :) I hope you'll consider it eventually!

Danustouch

Niamh
July 24th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the kind, positive, and reassuring thoughts! Much appreciated. I will look into it a little more! I know there is information on the Connecticut Wiccan/Pagan Network website.