PDA

View Full Version : Age of Aquarius?

Lilu
July 13th, 2001, 04:49 PM
Here's one for you Litha, and all the other astrology buffs out there.

There's all this talk about how we're moving (moved?) into the Age of Aquarius. The prior being the Age of Pisces. I can therefore only assume that the next is the Age of Capricorn?

Why are we moving backwards through the zodiac?

Lilu

Mairwen
July 13th, 2001, 06:51 PM
Because that's the way that particular wheel turns.

Mari
Who is slightly draggy from not having ANY coffee today
and
Who can't remember what book she read that in.

mol
July 13th, 2001, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Lilu
Here's one for you Litha, and all the other astrology buffs out there.

There's all this talk about how we're moving (moved?) into the Age of Aquarius. The prior being the Age of Pisces. I can therefore only assume that the next is the Age of Capricorn?

Why are we moving backwards through the zodiac?

Lilu

I dont know the explanation but I have been told we are not even in the Age of Aquarius at all...

Swanspirit
July 15th, 2001, 03:03 AM
is one of the 12 succesive periods of approximately two thousand years each (2150)
which corresponds to our current Zodiacal configurations. For the past several thousand years EARTH< has been passing through what has been designated the AGE OF PISCES. ( interested persons can note the correspondence with Christianity and the sign of the Fish which identifies it. :> )
This "backwards movement " is based on the phenomenon known as the PRECESSION OF THE EQUINOXES and paradoxically is not considered esoterically to be backward, only by what we consider to be backward in our superficial view.
What is the Equinox and why is it PRECEEDING??
Well the equinox is the time on the earth when the period of light and dark are equal,and very slowly this takes place earlier and earlier in the constellations. The equinox has been occuring in the sign of Pisces for the past few thousand years,and in the near future will occur in the sign of Aquarius (sidereal ).
What is the underlying dynamic of this change of the day of equal light and dark? Simply the slant of the earth's axis, and the fact that the earth is not perfectly round, but "wobbles a bit" in its spin, behaving like a gyroscope but with a wiggle ,although the overall angle of incline remains the same. So when the earth is tilted, as it is for the seasonal changes,that tilt is ever so slightly different each time and since the the direction remains the same and the change is at the rate of 1 degree every 71.5 years, we see the stars in different places as we measure time.
This also changes the position of the "pole" or north star,which at some time in our long history of stargazing was in the Constellation Draco, the Great Dragon which Circles the SKY above the world, but has since moved on , but will return again to Draco some time far in the future.
The AGE before the AGE of PISCES WAS ARIES,and before that was Taurus. The AGE following Aquarius will be Capricorn. But there is rampant among astrologers ;speculation as to whether we have already entered the true AGE of Aquarius, or whether we are on the brink.
Love and Light
Swannie

Lilu
July 15th, 2001, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the info, I'd heard of precession and wondered if it was related to that. It wasn't really explained in the book I'm reading.

It was interesting because in this book there is an archaeologist/astronomer trying to prove that because the Sphinx faces East and the sunrise of the Equinox, it is mainly a monument of worship or honouring of the equinoxes (I guess) and he is trying to date the Sphinx's age back to the age of Leo (10,500 BC) because it is "lion" in appearance. And he uses examples of how in the age of Taurus bulls were worshipped, and there was another age which I can't remember now...

But it was interesting. Many people have debunked the theory but I found it particularly interesting reading.

Lilu

Swanspirit
July 15th, 2001, 12:03 PM
Merry Merry,
would follow the order of the Zodiac we use today,and I have read some of those theories of the Sphinx,and they are really interesting .
Most of them I have read seem to be predicated on ideas that the Sphinx was built at an earlier date,which doesnt seem entirely implausible.
I was talking to a friend from an old text chat the other day ,and besides his Degrees in Physics and Chemistry,which he recently earned; he also holds one in Anthropology , so the next time I see him I will ask him.
But some of these "theories" are waaaaaayy out there.......and there are plenty of people ; who ,in an effort to appear "enlightened or ascended"(read important) claim knowledge that is either fanciful or plainly false. Despite everything I have seen and experienced,I retain a healthy dose of skepticism for stories like '"the aliens built stonehenge" etc etc LOL.
The history that we know does in many ways correlate to the "Ages" of the precession of the equinoxes, and I find it well within the bounds of believability to ascribe some of the changes we are experiencing in current times with the onset of the Age of Aquarius.
Love and Light
Swannie

Mairwen
July 15th, 2001, 01:07 PM
One of my friends is a professional astrologer, and among her circle of friends, they contend that the Age of Aquarius began when Uranus entered Aquarius a couple of years ago (seems like in december or january '99 or '00; I'd have to look). But yes, there is big contention among astrologers as to when this Age is supposed to begin. Some say it began in the 60's, some say it is just now starting. Everyone has his own theories and opinions. I say, work with that which you're comfortable.

Swanspirit
July 15th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Merry Merry Mairwen....... (hehehe)
I do..... completely agree that the Age of Aquarius has begun. I have Aquarius rising in my natal chart, and I KNOW :sunny:, I feel it:heartthro .
That doesnt, however, translate into a valid or workable theory. One of the things that convinced me beyond any doubts was the May 4 alignment in Taurus , last year. There was a square formed to the planets in Taurus by the planets in Aquarius. As challenging as the energy from squares are, it was clear to me that Aquarian energy was being aligned with and interacting with primal earth energy.
I sometimes think of the planets as the actual Goddesses and Gods they are named for , interacting in the heavens, and it did seem as if the large gathering of inner planets and lights in the Sign of Taurus was invited into the "square" to very closely interact and mingle their energies with those of the gods of the outer planets, in the Sign of Aquarius,
to bathe them in the light of the millenium,and bring those sometimes shocking and revealing energies of Aquarius to earth.
Aquarius is the sign of innate knowing,made available for the benefit of mankind, where as Pisces is the Sign of sometimes being unable to distinguish and separate , because its the sign of "believing" rather than knowing,and Pisces sometimes makes no clear distinctions between reality and non reality, almost like a fish believing the world is made of water, because that is the extent of their world.
The Age of Aquarius is supposed also to be the humane age, because the symbol for Aquarius is the water bearer, a human being , who brings the emotions and life-giving waters,but is not immersed in them, and so has clear vision. The element of Aquarius is AIR... and up til now ( AGE OF PISCES) the element of water has been considered the vessel of the sensitive emotions,and even most astrologers will ascribe increased sensitivity psychic ability etc etc to the water signs.
But we as humans can live without water for how long ?? perhaps a few days??But how long can we live without air? And is not AIR the element of SPIRIT? So which is closer to the life we live on this planet,and even larger than the vast expanses of water, is the atmosphere which enablews us to exist on the planet, and takes us farther into the rest of the cosmos? So as we move farther into the Age Of Aquarius ,our values and perspectives change...
Love and Light
Swannie

Mairwen
July 15th, 2001, 07:07 PM
I'm a triple Aquarian: sun, moon, mercury. My ascendant is Cancer ~ and you people wonder why i'm :crazy::crazy:!! :elf:

Litha
July 16th, 2001, 07:57 AM
I agree with you absolutely Swannie that the shifts in consciousness and the ever growing return to spirtuality of the earth are related to the movement into the Aquarian Age.
One can see the growth of interest in group consciousness; caring for each other and making positive changes to our world. Cultivating higher consciousness of spirituality and humanitarian efforts involves all people.
Although the above can be begun singularly, we are all involved and united whether we push to or not, as this is the next phase of evolution now having entered into the Aquarius.