PDA

View Full Version : wyrdsister

pilvikki
July 13th, 2001, 10:06 PM
did you ever read terry prattchet?
his Wyrd Sisters to be more specific.

Yvonne Belisle
July 14th, 2001, 08:46 AM
I have that book!!!! Great writer I collect his diskworld novels even have his playstation games. :):eek: :D

pilvikki
July 14th, 2001, 11:43 AM
ah yes.... my very favourite is the 'reaper man'. such sarcasm!!

:D

Wyrdsister
July 15th, 2001, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by pilvikki
did you ever read terry prattchet?
his Wyrd Sisters to be more specific. Actually no I haven't, pilvikki, but his stuff comes highly recommended to me. Maybe I should add him to my already bloated reading list? ;)

Wyrdsister

pilvikki
July 17th, 2001, 01:53 AM
yes, you should!
i often have one his books on my nightstand and i just idly pick a spot and start reading.
i've read them over a few times, yet i still find stuff i missed the first 3 times [none too bright, i'm 'fraid]. they are so zany and so harmless, i usually unwind beautifully for sleep.
mind you, it took me a while to get into the first book; i'm reading it going GEE, this makes no sense. then it clicked: it's not supposed to!
i'd start from the first, which i think was 'pyramids' and go from there.

Deranged Hermit
July 24th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Well this thread is pretty old, but I had to reply to it anyways cause I recently read Wyrd Sisters. It sure was a fun book to read! I loved the footnotes, really clever stuff. I'm anxious to read more of the Discworld series. :D

Kaija
July 25th, 2004, 09:23 PM
I know i've read some of the Wyrd books.. but can't remember them! I have read Mort, and a few others that I loved.. Mort stuck in my head.. and then I sent it to another bookcrosser and now I pout 'cause I can't read it again! LOL

mol
July 26th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Well this thread is pretty old, but I had to reply to it anyways cause I recently read Wyrd Sisters. It sure was a fun book to read! I loved the footnotes, really clever stuff. I'm anxious to read more of the Discworld series. :D
This thread isnt just old....its ancient!

Deranged Hermit
July 26th, 2004, 11:02 AM
This thread isnt just old....its ancient!

Heehee...yeah, I didn't want to start a new thread on the same subject tho...

Wyrdsister
July 27th, 2004, 08:46 PM
It was so bizzare to see my name as the subject of the thread! It had been so long, I didn't even realize it was old at first! :D