PDA

View Full Version : Vaccinations

Athena-Nadine
February 19th, 2004, 05:24 PM
I know there was a thread on vaccinating recently, and I remember there were a few people who mentioned this, so I thought this would interest some of you:

Autism and Vaccines (http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110004700)

Everyone in our business learns to take a punch, but even we've been surprised by the furious response to an editorial (http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110004487) we ran a few weeks ago about vaccines. The subject deserves further attention, not least because the goal of our antagonists appears to be to shut down public debate on the matter.

For the past few years, a small coterie of parents has taken to loudly claiming that thimerosal, a preservative used in vaccines for 60 years, is the cause of autism in their children. Their allegations have scared many parents about immunizations, sent trial lawyers scurrying to sue the few remaining vaccine makers, and inspired an ugly political dispute. Lost in the controversy has been a little thing called science. We felt someone ought to point out that nothing currently exists in the medical world to justify this furor--that thimerosal has never been credibly linked to autism, and that recent studies in leading medical journals have also failed to find a link. That research is one of many reasons the medical community remains solid in its belief that vaccines are safe....

Kahlan
February 19th, 2004, 05:32 PM
the cause of autism is totally and completely unknown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother was born with Autisum he was to sick when he was young to get vaccinations and never was able to get them untill after we found out he had autisum. This is crazy!!!!THere are just so many people out there who find out there child has a problem and they want to know who to blame and will lash out at ANYTHING!! I even read an artical that once said certain foods if eaten while pregnant can cause it, my mother knows she didnt eat,drink,take or give Jonathan anything that caused thi it just happens, the Goddess for whatever reason creates these children who are diffrent but special, very special!!!!

Kahlan
February 20th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Looking at my post again today and It seems rather harsh, for this I am sorry I just get really worked up about autisum and people who come along and say "I know what caused it." or "Its not real." or "I can fix this" we have had so many people say things like this to us and we have had a our hearts lifted up then ripped out walked all over and tossed the curb....its really hard. JOnathan (my brother) is a pain in the butt a lot of the time, and we would love it if he could be "normal" but we know it isnt going to happen and so we deal with the situation the gods have given us and make the best of what we DO have. So if I offended anyone I am truley sorry.
BB

Amethyst Rose
February 21st, 2004, 11:42 AM
Here's a great link about the subject:

http://www.quackwatch.org/03HealthPromotion/immu/autism.html

Autumn
February 22nd, 2004, 02:13 AM
That is the best link on the subject that I have seen!!