PDA

View Full Version : Pagan wrestling fans?

Habiduh
February 23rd, 2004, 02:03 PM
Hi all, I'm sorry if there's a thread for this, I didn't see one.

I'm a wrestling fan. Yes, I'm a 19 year old female from Massachusetts and I like wrestling. A lot. My favorites are Undertaker, Kane, and HHH. Any other pagan wrestling fans out there? Be nice to have someone to talk to about this, It's hard to find another wrestling fan that's worth talking to, period. lol.

Who's excited for Wrestlemania XX?

Flaire-FireStar
February 23rd, 2004, 02:21 PM
I watch it every once in a while... It seems to be less and less, though.

*chuckles* I get a kick out of Rikishi, but my all time favorite (you know.....aside from Diesel from way back in '94 *cough* ) is the Rock... :T

Habiduh
February 23rd, 2004, 02:51 PM
LOL you're one of "The People!" Lol. that's cute. I'm glad to know there are other pagan wrestling fans out there.

It must be hard, having him not wrestle anymore? He's doing all those movies, though. Being a fan of him (I never really was - I found him really entertaining, but not enough to dub myself a fan), how do you feel about him leaving wrestling for movies?

Sylvan
February 23rd, 2004, 03:09 PM
My ex forced me to watch wrestling back 10 years ago now. I wasn't allowed to watch or tape any of my shows that were on at the same time- because there were two different wrestling shows and we had to watch one and tape the other. Part of a $500 phone bill he racked up one month included charges to the then-WWF's 900# for trivia. :rolleyes: He won a Dink & Doink teddy bear set.
So while I was familiar with it back then, I can't say I'm a fan...

Though I used to enjoy watching it at my grandparents' *WAY* back in the day of Hulk Hogan (when he was new), Junkyard Dog, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Andre the Giant... Anybody remember G.L.O.W.? :lol:

Avalon
February 23rd, 2004, 03:17 PM
AAARGGGH!!! I loved G.L.O.W. when I was a kid! Dementia was always my favorite!

CelestiaSynth
February 23rd, 2004, 04:35 PM
I'm a pro wrestling fan. Though I'm not into like I used to be when WCW and ECW was still around ( because those were the feds that I watched ). I was a completely Internet mark back then. I still watch now, but I'm not a big fan of the WWE, mainly because I despise Vince McMahon and what he has done to the business. I watch just to see my favorite wrestlers that are still on tv, Chris Jericho and RVD. As far as Wrestlemania goes,
I hope the show isn't just a nostagia fest with decent matches. I want this to be a good show, considering it seems like they've been building it up forever.

Gareth
February 23rd, 2004, 05:21 PM
Ever since Vince Mcmahon bought ALL the competition in the 80's the whole business changed.
Then he did it again a couple of years ago.

WWE and Vince are a business force to be reckoned with.
Here's some proof.
The former VP of WCW now works for WWE every Monday night.

Even funnier is the fact he fired JR from WCW and now Eric B. is way under JR on the food chain!
Just goes to show you how much that business changes with a little time.

Oh BTW, I've been a fan of WWF back when it was still a local promotion in New England.
This was over 20 years ago.
So I know a little history about it. :hehehehe:

luna rising
February 23rd, 2004, 06:03 PM
GOLDBERG!!!!!!

Dude, I LUVVV Bill Goldberg. I want to have wee little bald Goldberg babies.

Seriously, sometimes my friends and I get together to watch (haven't in a while, though. We liked WCW better), and the only rule was you had to call it "Big Time Rasslin'." We had some great times.

I loved GLOW too! And Leapin' Lenny Poffo, Koko the Birdman Bware, GEORGE THE ANIMAL STEELE!!! Ach. I love nostalgia.

Flaire-FireStar
February 23rd, 2004, 06:28 PM
LOL you're one of "The People!" Lol. that's cute. I'm glad to know there are other pagan wrestling fans out there.

It must be hard, having him not wrestle anymore? He's doing all those movies, though. Being a fan of him (I never really was - I found him really entertaining, but not enough to dub myself a fan), how do you feel about him leaving wrestling for movies?

You know... I never have seen one of his movies (yet). I know they look neat and all, but I just can't see him as being a movie actor, rather than a wrestler. :dis:

*mopes* I used to love Goldberg's entry when he first started out.... *mopemopemope*

(Yay for pyrotechnics!)

Habiduh
February 23rd, 2004, 09:55 PM
I also hate Vince Macmahnon, though I love Undertaker and Kane, so I have to watch, lol.

I miss Rock as a wrestler, I really do. He was really darn entertaining.
Em... I'll stay quiet about Goldberg.

So glad to find other wrestling fans out there. ^_^

luna rising
February 23rd, 2004, 10:04 PM

Oh, Habiduh . . . . THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS!!!!!! (I realize that my tone of jocularity is not neccessarily readable, so here is where I insert lots of smilies to let you know that I'm only playing!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C'mon, dude. Goldberg went undefeated for what, like 96 matches? And the only reason he lost was because that blonde curly mullet-headed guy (can't remember his name)soooooooo cheated. He cheated almost as bad as the Dudleys. Almost.

I feel a change of avatar coming. I must search for pics of Goldberg. :hehehehe:

CelestiaSynth
February 25th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I also hate Vince Macmahnon, though I love Undertaker and Kane, so I have to watch, lol.

I miss Rock as a wrestler, I really do. He was really darn entertaining.

So glad to find other wrestling fans out there. ^_^

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was going to find any wrestling fans around here either. I've been into it since I was a little kid in the late 80's/ early 90's,. when WCW was NWA. My cousin
was a low-card wrestler who was trying to get into the NWA, and my older sisters and him we're really big fans of it. At first, I thought it was stupid and that my sister's only watched to see guys run around sweaty in tights, but after being forced to watch it so much, you start understanding it and liking it more for what it is. Soon I was asking to go to the shows with them and became a big WCW fan before all the NWO stuff exploded. And when I got the Internet, I became one of those insider fans or "smarks" who understood the storylines and the business more than the casual fan. It was a big hobby of mine until WCW and ECW went under. I lost some interest then, but I'm slowly getting back into.
I'd watch alot more if the WWE had some on-air competition, but the only fed left is Jeff Jarrett's fed, which isn't on tv yet. Oh well. And that's my history as wrestling fan :)
But about the Rock, I think he's kinda through with wrestling for now. He's still on teh roster but it appears like he only comes around when he has a new movie to promote, and a month or 2 later, he's gone. Until pro wrestling has another financial upswing like it did in the late 90's, I doubt he'll be doing anything other than what he's been doing.

FalconsFlame
February 25th, 2004, 07:16 PM
OK....Falcon is dating herself here....but I remember WAAAAAAYYYYY back in the days of Bob Backlund, Bruno Sammartino, High Chief Peter Maivia(sp?), (who is, btw, the Rock's grandfather.) Tito Santana, Tony Garea and Larry Zbyszko, Gorilla Monsoon, George "The Animal" Steele, Andre The Giant, etc, etc, etc,

Ah..... for the old days at Madison Square Garden! :floating:

OK "kids"...I'm feeling sufficiently old now.... :wah:

Habiduh
February 25th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I'd watch alot more if the WWE had some on-air competition, but the only fed left is Jeff Jarrett's fed, which isn't on tv yet. Oh well. And that's my history as wrestling fan :)
But about the Rock, I think he's kinda through with wrestling for now. He's still on teh roster but it appears like he only comes around when he has a new movie to promote, and a month or 2 later, he's gone. Until pro wrestling has another financial upswing like it did in the late 90's, I doubt he'll be doing anything other than what he's been doing.

Yeah, I hope NWA-TNA gets on TV soon, I really want to see the WWE have a run for their money. Without any competition, the quality of the WWE is dropping like a rock.

Speaking of Rocks, I'm sad about how The Rock has basically left wrestling. He's going to loose his fanbase, and if he turns out to be a bad actor, no one is going to put him in their movies any more, and The Rock'll end up with his tail between his legs and come back to the WWE to find no one cares anymore. For someone with that much charisma and seems like such a nice guy, I'd hate to see that happen.

Flaire-FireStar
February 26th, 2004, 12:34 AM
OK....Falcon is dating herself here....but I remember WAAAAAAYYYYY back in the days of Bob Backlund, Bruno Sammartino, High Chief Peter Maivia(sp?), (who is, btw, the Rock's grandfather.) Tito Santana and Larry Zbyszko, Gorilla Monsoon, George "The Animal" Steele, Andre The Giant, etc, etc, etc,

Ah..... for the old days at Madison Square Garden! :floating:

OK "kids"...I'm feeling sufficiently old now.... :wah:

Aah, the Giant... *sigh* Those were the days!

Gareth
February 26th, 2004, 12:39 AM
OK....Falcon is dating herself here....but I remember WAAAAAAYYYYY back in the days of Bob Backlund, Bruno Sammartino, High Chief Peter Maivia(sp?), (who is, btw, the Rock's grandfather.) Tito Santana and Larry Zbyszko, Gorilla Monsoon, George "The Animal" Steele, Andre The Giant, etc, etc, etc,
I remember watching about half of those guys on TV!!
I'm old, and I watch wresting too much!

Habiduh
February 26th, 2004, 09:23 AM
I'm a little bit after that. I remember Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, Old School Undertaker, Razor Ramon, The Sandman, Hulk Hogan, IRS, Doink, The Giant Gonzoles.

My favorite moment EVER in wrestling was when Undertaker locked The Ultimate Warrior in the casket! I was like 6, and I remember my mom saying "Don't worry honey, it's not real." and I replied "No, that was really cool! That big scary guy was awesome!"

Gareth
February 26th, 2004, 09:25 AM
I'm a little bit after that. I remember Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, Old School Undertaker, Razor Ramon, The Sandman, Hulk Hogan, IRS, Doink, The Giant Gonzoles.
OMG!!
Old school Undertaker!!
He's supposed to return at Wrestlemania XX, as old school!!!!

I'll wait and see.

FalconsFlame
February 26th, 2004, 11:06 AM
OMG!!
Old school Undertaker!!
He's supposed to return at Wrestlemania XX, as old school!!!!

I'll wait and see.

Old school Undertaker was always one of my favorites too. GODS!!! Will someone be a sweetie and email me the results of Wrestlemania XX?? I won't be able to get the PPV. :sniffsnif :wah:

Gareth
February 26th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Old school Undertaker was always one of my favorites too. GODS!!! Will someone be a sweetie and email me the results of Wrestlemania XX?? I won't be able to get the PPV. :sniffsnif :wah:
Just go to the website on Monday.
That's what I do.

FalconsFlame
February 26th, 2004, 11:22 AM
I feel a change of avatar coming. I must search for pics of Goldberg. :hehehehe:

You go Briar_Rose.......GOLDBERG ROCKS!!! :yourock:

C'mon...Everybody chant...GOLD-BERG GOLD-BERG GOLD-BERG :thewave:

FalconsFlame
February 26th, 2004, 11:27 AM
What ever happened to Sting? Anyone know?

Flaire-FireStar
February 26th, 2004, 01:44 PM
^^ No idea.

Last I saw (a few years ago, then I moved) he was still with the Wolf Pack. (Gods, they had aweome intro music *drool* )

*mopes* here, I don't get to see much wrestling (we don't subscribe to the channel that it's on. :bastard: )

Gareth
February 26th, 2004, 03:05 PM
What ever happened to Sting? Anyone know?
After the 'takeover' of WCW, he simply left the business.
There were rumors of him going to NWA/TNA, but that was a rumor on thier website.

They have not said if he went there for one night or not.

So I don't think you'll see him in the ring again. :(

Too bad, I liked him.

Habiduh
February 26th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I am SO excited for Undertaker's return, I can't even tell you! If you go to http://www.moontribes.com you can get movies of what he's been doing to Kane lately, and things like that.

Undertaker has got to be my favorite. I've loved his whole career, especially the Old School one, and I must say I liked him in the Ministry too, despite the fact he was seriously injured for most of it.

Wrestlemania XX is going to rock. Too bad I have to watch it on a webcast. As for Sting? Rumors are flying about him, but nothing factual.

Gareth
March 2nd, 2004, 10:03 AM
Did anybody watch RAW last night?

pagan_majik
March 2nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
SO EXCITED FOR WRETLEMANIA XX!! rock and sock connection is back baby!!!!! and i cant wait for taker to come back. hes going to come back old school, witht he hat and everything...its gonna be awesome

Gareth
March 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
Rock and Sock connection!! :woot:

I hope you're right about the Undertaker, I'd love to see that! :D

Tina
March 15th, 2004, 06:55 PM
I end up watching it sometimes. Not really a fan though! I love the Rock though he is sooo funny. I just watched him in the match with Mick Foley, fighting evolution! lol just had to ask my sister all the names! Yah he has always been ny favourite, he makes me laugh! I also like, Booker T, Scotty 2 hotty, & well I cant remember all the names but there is some more! I kinda think Trish Stratus is cool too, mostly because she's Canadian!

luna rising
March 15th, 2004, 10:22 PM
How was the PPV? Was it on last night? I loose track of these things . . . I wanna see pics of Old School Undertaker . . .

Did Goldberg win? I bet he did . . .

Memnoch McKiln
April 9th, 2004, 03:31 AM
ok.....how I didn't see this before...I'll never know....but, not only am I a life-long fan, I AM a Pro Wrestler!!!! I wrestle in the Northeast Oklahoma, Northwest Arkansas area. I wrestle as ANARCHY, "The Suicide King" I am currently SoonerProWrestling's Cruiserweight Champion.

Memnoch McKiln
November 2nd, 2005, 09:02 PM
hmm... curious

Gareth
November 2nd, 2005, 09:55 PM
hmm... curious

About what?
That no one posted in this thread in over a year?

Pretty cool that you're a pro-wrestler though!!
Have you ever been scouted by Vince or Jeff Jarrett?

Memnoch McKiln
November 6th, 2005, 08:47 PM
nah, just curious if the cituation's changed yet LOL guess not

Morgoth
November 6th, 2005, 08:55 PM
28 years old, started watching at at 6, seen nwa ecw wcw wwe etc , i know some people dont like it but i have more respect for wrestlers than any {real sport}. I have hung out with some wrestlers back whena freind of mine us to do some work for some of them and the pain they endure is quite real. id rather play foot ball or anything else than wrestle for 10 mins. Most do what they do because they truly love what they do and most arent paid very well either unless they make it big. I will always have much repsect for the people who put thier bodys on the line almost the entire year just so i can watch them on tv blessed be and be careful out there every one of you.

Memnoch McKiln
November 11th, 2005, 07:13 AM
On behalf of all "The Boys" (and the Ladyies as well...) THANK YOU! I wish more of these internet fans, and the people who come to the shows just to complain, understood it all as well as you. Oh, and if anyone's in the Northwest Ark, Northeast OK area, my home company SoonerProWrestling is having a show in Siloam Springs, AR, on sat. Dec 19 (?) at the VFW hall, it should be a very good show, and as always with SPW it will be a family friendly show

jcldragon
November 11th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I remember the old names you've mentioned & enjoyed all of them. I haven't had time to follow wrestling lately, but I have learned a lot from these shows. I began doing Tai Chi Kung Fu in 1973. Now while that isn't exactly a grappling art, there is some transferable knowledge. I've been in a few situations where I've had to defend myself on the street, and I must say that certain wrestling techniques have been most effective. The DDT (Jake, the Snake, Roberts) simply ends fights when the assailant's head hits a concrete sidewalk...

Catiana
November 11th, 2005, 10:59 PM
I used to be a HUGE wrestling fan, but I stopped watching a year or so ago, because I think the quality of the shows just went totally downhill. I check in on the shows every now and then to see if things have improved. I would love to watch again if the quality improves.

Memnoch McKiln
November 13th, 2005, 08:16 PM
if you're looking for better quality, I'll keep you posted on when and if WWE improves... but there is an alternative, check out the fledgling company TNA-Total Nonstop Action, on Spike TV saturday nights, it's just starting out as a national brand, but their in-ring quality is VERY good.... oh and

EDDIE GUERRERO PASSED AWAY!!! check the in Memoriam thread in the entertainment forum for more details

VelvetBlade
November 13th, 2005, 08:28 PM
'WWE Smackdown!' Star Guerrero Dies 1 hour, 3 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS - Eduardo Gory Guerrero, a World Wrestling Entertainment superstar was found dead in his hotel room Sunday in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE Supershow. He was 38.

When he didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced their way into the room, police said.

There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051113/ap_en_tv/obit_guerrero

Morgoth
November 13th, 2005, 10:38 PM
:wah: