PDA

View Full Version : Child is wondering

Andrea Goodman
July 18th, 2001, 09:37 PM
Hello All of you

I am having a bit of a probem with my daughter, she is walkig around the house at night. I put her in bed in her bed but she gets up at about midnight to three and I find her either in her brother room or on the couch. I don't know what to do. I was just wondering if anyone else. Has had the same thing happen. Thank You for trying to help.

Sincerely
crystal77515

Mairwen
July 19th, 2001, 12:06 AM
Hhhmmm ... Sleepwalking, in some cases in genetic, so there's not a lot you can do about it. My mom was one, myself, and one of my brothers, and my oldest child. :D My grandmother had to put high locks on the doors to keep my mom in at night.:rolleyes: They say you outgrow it; I know my mom and my brother did, but I know I haven't. Don't know about my child, soooo. Just keep an eye on her, and keep her surrounded with love. Sorry I don't have any actual suggestions.

mol
July 19th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Now, I dont know if this is the best advice in the world, but have you taken her to a physician?

Red Stag
July 19th, 2001, 03:43 PM
All I can say is that I hope you keep your door and windows VERY locked . I have a cousin that sleep walks very bad she once was found in her pj knee deep in the snow still fast asleep . but the good news is that she has mostly out grown it and has only been caughtonce pouring milk in the cereal box by her dorm mates

Andrea Goodman
July 19th, 2001, 11:15 PM
Hello Everyoune

I wanted to thank you for your advice, and say it is a relief to know that I am not alone. Yes I have took her to a Dr. He says she is fine. Has for has my doors and windows they are locked up tight. I may have so other news. Last night I thought I would try amd sleep in her room, and she sleep on the couch. Well at about 1:00am I woke up all at once like something was not right the room felt a little strange and then I got up out of her room and the strange feeling was coming from her room t my son's room then to the livingroom. Their bedroom are stright across from each other and the livinroom is in front of their rooms. A little bit like a triangle. The feeling lasted about until 3. I don't know if it was in my head or of some kind of engery is in this house.
I will chat to you all later. Thanks for the advice.
Sincerely
crystal77515

Sequoia
August 14th, 2001, 06:21 PM
strange energy? are you suggesting that perhaps someone or something is actually making your daughter sleepwalk?

I used to get night terrors, nightmares, and sleepwalk when I was little. After discovering a lot of things about myself and past lives, I have realized that one of the reaccuring nightmares I had when I was a child was actually of one of my deaths, so to speak, and I have a feeling that the sleepwalking may have been related.

I also have theories that when people sleepwalk, they're plains walking, just. . well. . . *physically*. I don't remember it, but I have been told that many times I would walk through my EXTREMELY messy room, never once tripping or falling, and picking up invisible things and carrying them with me. . . that's what my mother told me. It's just my feeling that I made the theory from.

Andrea Goodman
August 14th, 2001, 08:42 PM
Hello

I didn't think of past lives.I have been trying to figure out the feeling and the best way I can explain it is. You know when you are all a lone and you get that feeling of been watched that is what it felt like.Then it was like it pulled on me not by one place on my body but ever place.I am going to cleanse her room again and then burn love and peace enssences in it. Hopefully that should stop it if not I am open to anything to try.I have to find out what is begging my little girl.Thank you all in advance.hat to you al later.
Sincerely
Andrea
crystal77515

Danustouch
August 14th, 2001, 09:22 PM
Sleep walking is a genetic disorder. It can become more pronounced during stressful times, and if the person has been sleep deprived for a long period of time. I watched a documentary on this a while ago. The person sleep walking has absolutely no reasoning capability, nor do they even know they are doing it. In fact, many sleep walkers, are also sleep talkers. They will walk around, and will in fact..talk. But...to the onlooker, it sounds like gibberish or mumblings. They "Think" they are talking (kinda like in a dream)..but they're not. They're just making.."mmrmmrrrrmph" sounds with their mouths. There are medications to treat such disorders, as well as differen't methods of coping with it. I would suggest consulting a Child Psychologist, or do a search on "sleep walking" on the net, and see what you can come up with.

One word of caution...sleep walking individuals can display traits which are not their normal self. In other words, they can act very hostile during their sleep walking times. Especially, if you try to prevent them from doing what they are doing...or wake them. So..be careful of that.

Another word of caution is, be careful not to mention your "feelings of energy"...or any fears that you may have, to your child. This can..."Plant" things in their mind, that aren't already there, as well as give them serious fears, and stress. Make her a dream pillow, full of lavendar. And also..you might try putting a piece of amethyst inside her pillow. A small piece, and then sew it back up. Milk also helps..try giving her milk before bed, as well.

I have a feeling that your feelings of "energy" are simply there because of the strange situation. Sleep walking is an eerie phenomena. Your mind may be playing tricks on you, because you are so freaked out by the situation. You also may be super sensitized, because, after all...it's your baby we're talking about. It's probably VERY scary to watch this occur, and not be able to change it. Your mama instinct is probably kicking in, and your senses are working overtime.

Also..maybe the energy you've been feeling is the childs guardian spirit. Have you thought of that? There's no need to immediately assume it's a negative energy, unless you REALLY feel it's a negative energy. May I ask a question? Are your parents, and the fathers parents still living?

I've heard many stories of Children being.."visited" by their grandparents, who are merely there to watch over their little angels. My cousins child, for instance. When the girl was three, her grandpa (my uncle) passed away. Rachel was the apple of his eye. Rachel started writing at a VERY early age. At the age of Five, she was writing poetry. Guess what she wrote about? She wrote poetry, about how my Uncle was "visiting her" at night. She said he was sitting outside her window, under a tree. And he would speak to her, but he always said..."don't tell mommy i'm still here. You're mommy is very sensitive, and she will cry alot". Knowing my uncle, as I do...knowing how much his granddaughter meant to him, I TOTALLY believe my cousins little girl. If he were going to come and visit ANYONE in my family, it would be her. And hes' just the kind of spirit who would reach across time and distance, to contact her. He appeared to ME in a dream visitation, about six months after he passed. Just to tell me that the words I left unsaid, didn't matter..he already knew them. Knew that I loved him, and it was ok to say goodbye. So..I really believe that our loved ones can visit us..and that they watch over us. So..perhaps this is what is happening to your daughter.

In short..don't freak out yet. Remain calm. Talk to a child psychologist, do some research. If the situation escalates, or if your daughter starts mentioning anything else to you which would give you cause for concern..then, see what else you can do. Okay? Best wishes, dear. I'll say a prayer for you and your little one tonight.

Lilu
August 16th, 2001, 11:47 AM
I think I have an idea of what that energy is like. Is your house old Andrea? I grew up in our family home which is 100s of years old and it was most definitely "haunted" - not in a bad way really, but just that you always felt presences around, particularly at night and in the afternoons. The bedrooms, being the oldest part of the house were the worst. So I would definitely try the cleansing and putting a protection on the room just to make sure that any energies there aren't malevolent.

As for sleepwalking, I am a sleeptalker, but I don't believe I've ever sleepwalked. My brother and sister do both. My sister and I who shared a room used to hold conversations in our sleep to each other my Mum says. Dad used to stand in our bedroom doorway and have conversations with me as I guess I would "sense" him going into the room across from ours and start talking to him in my sleep. My brother would walk out into the living room during the night and often have something in his bed that he would tell mum she had to get rid of. Either that or he'd come out and just sit on the couch doing nothing. I seemed to have been the only one who got "chased" through the house by 'presences' in the middle of the night if I got up to go to the bathroom. They never hurt anyone, but really got your heart racing!

My sister was the character. She'd come out and hold conversations with everyone she ran into . My Mum and Nana were talking around midnight one night in the kitchen, and my sister came out, sat on the couch and started staring at the TV very intently. They went into the livingroom and asked her what she was doing. "Watching cartoons" she answered. It was ALMOST Saturday morning when we would get up and watch cartoons normally. Mum had to tell her to go back to bed and wait for me and my brother to get up to watch cartoons with us. She was like "Hmmmm. Ok!" And walked off back to bed and went to sleep. She would also sit up in bed and speak Italian to me (which was the language we were learning in grade school). That was always interesting, and harder to understand because she would slur her words, or not finish them. Like if she was saying "Arivadechi" to me (gosh, I can't remember the way to spell it!) she would say "Arivadech" and leave the "ee" off the end. hehe

I think just keep an eye on her, and like everyone else said, keep the doors and windows locked.

Good luck!

Lilu

sherry
September 13th, 2001, 08:49 PM
My sister has 4 daughters they all have been sleepwalkers as she was as a child also. To get them past it a friend told me to find out what was on their minds!!

This is what I did : Dont speak in a loud voice but softly call the name invite them to sit down and tell you what they are up to !
Her oldest was worried she would oversleep, It isn't always the same thing on their minds each time but Drs. have said it is a stress thing with sleepwalkers!

I read up on it quite a bit after we found her 3rd daughter headed to the barn in the middle of the night. She was checking on the babies!! Each child is different and this behavior has stopped for the most part with one on one talks as she tucks them into bed or discussions during homework that sort of thing
Sometimes it was only someone had made fun of them caused all that stress and disturbed their sleep.

It seemed like all they had to do was hear that everything was ok and they were safe , nobody was mad at them that sort of thing and off to bed they went and never remembered any of it!!:)

Myst
September 13th, 2001, 10:05 PM
Sleepwalking is a very definite possibility, and one that I see you've been careful to make provisions for. You never mentioned how old she was. I know as a child I often woke up in the middle of the night and moved to my brother's room, my parent's room, or one of the couches downstairs when I had nightmares or was just afraid.

Also, my nieces' room often has strange energies and spirits in it too. Have you done a thorough cleansing lately? It might help your daughter sleep more soundly.

Andrea Goodman
September 13th, 2001, 11:58 PM
Hello everyone

i just thought I would write you and tell you all what was going on with my daughter she is 3 years old.Well I cleanse her room amd burned love and peace encense in it and it looks like that it is helping.I still find her around the house but not as much now it is may 2 to 4 times a week instead of every night.And the only place I found her is in her bother's room, so I can handle that.Also I put a lock on front door were she can't reach it and get out o hopefully the worest of it is over.If not I will handle it.I also want to thank you all for your help. Blessing to all.
Sincerely
crystal77515

Myst
September 14th, 2001, 12:50 AM
I'm very glad things are getting cleared up Andrea.

I just did a room cleansing Monday and lit some nag champa and found it made me sleep much better too. It really can help a lot - sometimes the nasty energy from fights, nightmares, etc. can hang around in corners like li'l dust bunnies.....

Brightest blessings!!!