PDA

View Full Version : [MOVIE-POLL] Erin Brokovich

mol
February 18th, 2001, 05:29 PM
Love it or hate it. Just vote...

Wyrdsister
February 19th, 2001, 09:03 PM
Are you just curious as to everyone's opinion, mol? I myself haven't seen it yet, but it does look like a decent renter to me. :)

Wyrdsister

Yvonne Belisle
February 20th, 2001, 02:25 AM
Rather than spend money on cable I have spent it to buy movies. I get them at pawn shops, thrift shops, and movie stores under previously viewed. I have somewhere in the range of 850 of them one of which is Erin Brockovich I just haven't had time to see it. Gladiator on the other hand I've seen and think is great! Even my 3 year old will sit for that one. By the way it has only taken 8 years to get al of these. Pawn shops are great!

mol
February 20th, 2001, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Wyrdsister
Are you just curious as to everyone's opinion, mol? I myself haven't seen it yet, but it does look like a decent renter to me. :)

Wyrdsister

Yah...I like to see everyones opinion on different things...

samoanshark
February 20th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Julia Roberts was great, as usual! But the story is even more! Definitely worth
renting! I enjoyed it very much.
Blessed be!

Dagda Moon~Lily
February 20th, 2001, 10:29 PM
I agree, I thought Julia Roberts was great and the storyline really touched me! Justice triumphs again! :)

Dag

Jenne
July 11th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Ahh...another thread comes out of the vault *coughs on the dust*

Funny thing about this story--my dh's best friend and his dad worked for PG&E and lived in that area near Barstow--therefore were part of that big lawsuit featured in the movie. They got their settlemet money years ago.

johenn123
July 11th, 2005, 02:30 PM
lol

~Anamorata~
July 11th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Have it on DVD...thought it was a great movie as well, as a great story. Justice finally wins! :spinnysmi

DonovanJoseph
July 11th, 2005, 02:38 PM
hey and this is kinda crazy bc i just saw previews for a movie w/ Cameron Diaz called In Her Shoes(?) and its by the same writer as Erin Brockovitch! Haven seen EB but i want to, In Her Shoes on the other hand kinda looks like a chick flick...BUT Cameron Diaz IS a hottie so maybe... :fpeek:

evilslinkycat
July 11th, 2005, 02:39 PM
meh haven't seen it

Aelfoak
July 11th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I thought it was really good, Erin Brokovich kicked ass!

~Broken Lily~
July 11th, 2005, 02:48 PM
I watched it years ago, and thought it was great. I haven't seen it since.

Jenne
July 11th, 2005, 02:50 PM
hey and this is kinda crazy bc i just saw previews for a movie w/ Cameron Diaz called In Her Shoes(?) and its by the same writer as Erin Brockovitch! Haven seen EB but i want to, In Her Shoes on the other hand kinda looks like a chick flick...BUT Cameron Diaz IS a hottie so maybe... :fpeek:

Ooh, I LOVED that book. I think the movie will be awesome too--I love both the actresses in it as well!

Alaiyo
July 11th, 2005, 02:55 PM
It was one of two movies that Julia Roberts starred in that I actually liked.

The movie on the whole was all right. I liked the real Erin better.

Albert Finney was great as always.

Dragonladyofwater
July 11th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I was working for a non profit public lobby when it came out and we all went and saw it together... wonderful movie, even better time had by all of us afterwards, it's thought provoking and that you just don't find in movies as often as you should.

stephy-sama
July 11th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Oh, thread necromancy. :alol:

Djiril
July 12th, 2005, 03:28 AM
I thought it was good!

(A four year old thread revived! :woot: )

Nellie
July 12th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I thought it was an average flick, so not sure if that constitutes love or hate!!! :hmmmmm:

Nellie
July 12th, 2005, 08:26 AM
I thought it was good!

(A four year old thread revived! :woot: )

lol I onlyjust noticed....thought Mol must have only just got round to watching it :lol:

Maeves_Melody
July 12th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I think that was a wonderful movie, It showed that not all sexy single mothers are dumb and talentless. I think that it gives single mothers hope that they can do the job that they want to and have a family

Calen
July 14th, 2005, 06:45 PM
I remember liking it, and like is closer to love than hate, so love!

Rowan MoonDragon
July 14th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I didn't like it at all but its not as strong as hate so I didn't vote. I appreciate the story and everything and its cool that it was true, but just not movie worthy in my opinion.

wolf
July 25th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I voted hate it because, well, I really can't stand Julia Roberts, and found the movie to be annoying generally, but I wouldn't have phrased my dislike so strongly ordinarily.

Kaija
July 25th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I can't vote.. I didn't love it or hate it.. my reaction was more like *shrug*