PDA

View Full Version : skateboarding

pagan_majik
March 8th, 2004, 11:12 PM
just curious, but how many ppl on here skateboard??

Flick
March 8th, 2004, 11:48 PM
i did a LOOOOOOONG time ago. Had a Powell Peralta Skull and Sword. Does that make me sound old?
Flick

Sylvan
March 8th, 2004, 11:55 PM
I still have my old Nash with "Joe Cool" cut into the grip tape. :lol: The bottom of it was a picture of Snoopy, but I painted it black and put a straight-edge symbol on it.. I was *so* cool. :rolleyes: ANd then there's the stash of Thrasher magazines hidden away in a box in my desk...

Honestly, I think I just liked watching the boys sk8, more than doing it myself. I can roll, but that's about it. :lol: My first huge crushes were skaters.... *sigh*

pagan_majik
March 8th, 2004, 11:58 PM
actually flick, that was pretty much the prime of skateboarding as we know it, so its actually pretty dman cool that you still have it

redthewitch75
March 9th, 2004, 12:32 AM
I had a Psycho Stick, if I remember correctly.

Flick
March 9th, 2004, 01:19 AM
actually flick, that was pretty much the prime of skateboarding as we know it, so its actually pretty dman cool that you still have it

Still in the attic. Now that I have arthitis (very young, i know) I don't know if I could "Shred" again or not. But I would love to try.
Flick

Druchii
March 9th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Got a Hook-Ups Deck, Black Widow bearings, and Pig wheels. been doing it since 87, and doing less every year. :rolleyes: It's like they say, it's not the years, it's the mileage.

Felidae
March 9th, 2004, 04:31 PM
I used to. A long time ago. That's how I earned my busted knee. After 20 years of it happily popping out of place whenever I fatigued it I finally got the surgery last summer.

Needless to say I don't skateboard anymore.

But I'm a pro at sliding and jerking knees back into place. :lol:

Flick
March 9th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Slimeball wheels. Remember those?

pagan_majik
March 9th, 2004, 07:37 PM
i remember that they were supposedly the best wheels on the market.

Flick
March 10th, 2004, 09:03 AM
supposedly top of the line. But I dont remember them being very slick. I had Abec II Berrings. Again, the hot item for the time. Didn't do any good as I was always breaking trucks.
Flick

pagan_majik
March 11th, 2004, 06:07 PM
how did ya break your trucks? its pretty hard to do