PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen Hidalgo?

Gala
March 13th, 2004, 12:53 PM
My husband took me out to see it last night to celebrate my birthday. I really wanted to see Secret Windows, but the time frame didn't work out. So anyway we saw Hidalgo and I thought it was really good, but I cried at the end?
Won't say what happened so as not to ruin it for anyone.
Vigo Kicks buttocks.

pagan_majik
March 13th, 2004, 12:55 PM
i really want to go see it, but i prolly cant till it comes into the theater in town

MammaStar
March 13th, 2004, 02:15 PM
I'm thinking of brining the kid to see it tonite. Have to see how Eshallet is feelign after work tho'

Elistariel
March 17th, 2004, 09:48 PM
saw it
loved it
buying dvd when it's out

Bainidhe Dub
March 17th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Must.... see.... Cute guy, horses, adventure? Hell, what could be better? LOL

Sowelu
March 17th, 2004, 10:04 PM
My husband took me out to see it last night to celebrate my birthday. I really wanted to see Secret Windows, but the time frame didn't work out. So anyway we saw Hidalgo and I thought it was really good, but I cried at the end?
Won't say what happened so as not to ruin it for anyone.
Vigo Kicks buttocks.
My 11 yr old daughter wants to see it REAL bad.
Please pm me and tell me why it made you cry at the end. My daughter is a horse lover....I hope it's not the ending I'm thinking it is.

pawnman
March 18th, 2004, 12:25 AM
It was a great movie. I was worried near the end, but it turned out alright (I can't say more without spoiling the ending...)

That little arabic guy that was assigned to help Hopkins (Viggo's character) was hilarious!

Gala
March 18th, 2004, 09:32 AM
It was a great movie. I was worried near the end, but it turned out alright (I can't say more without spoiling the ending...)

That little arabic guy that was assigned to help Hopkins (Viggo's character) was hilarious!

Yes wasn't he great! It had a lot more humor that I expected.
Didn't I read or hear that Vigo bought the horse after the film or was that the horse in LOTR?

Élistariel, me too...
LadyPhoenix, A fun time was had by all... specially just getting to look at Vigo and that beautiful horse.

pawnman
March 18th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Yes, Viggo bought Hidalgo. And when you watch the movie, keep in mind that the whole time, all of the horses expressions and reactions, are all the horse. No posing, no CGI.

Gala
March 18th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Yes, Viggo bought Hidalgo. And when you watch the movie, keep in mind that the whole time, all of the horses expressions and reactions, are all the horse. No posing, no CGI.

I know, that horse was so cool. I was going to say that while ago. He had so much personality.
I loved the end scene with all the mustangs.... so impressive.
Have you ever seen that PBS special about the wild horses in the US?
Don't remember the name of it.

WandererInGray
March 27th, 2004, 12:32 PM
We just saw it last night, definately an Owner movie! :D

I loved it! Cried too at the end and laughed a lot at the horse's expressions and that helper guy! :lol:

Goatherder!

Jenne
March 27th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Ok, THAT's IT! I'm taking my sis-in-law *who drools actively over dear Viggo* and we're going! Dangit, being SAHM is really a tough one. I've been wanting to see that movie for a month now! Hope it's still out at decent times this week.

Gala
March 27th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Yes it is definitly going to be in our library when it comes out on dvd.

Jenne.... go for heaven's sake... just do it. ahahaha

Mythrel
March 29th, 2004, 03:47 AM
I saw it a few weeks ago... if was a fun movie... I enjoyed it...