PDA

View Full Version : NE, IA, MO, KS Pagans?

Moon Momma
March 28th, 2004, 10:49 AM
I'm just outside of Omaha. Anyone else around here? Or even in the area...Kansas City, Des Moines....?

dragonkin
April 3rd, 2004, 06:55 PM
Hi Moon Mamma. Why don't you come visit Hawk and Danu and the rest of us coming from other areas at the 4th of July bash. It is at their bar in Ellis, KS? We would love to see as many faces as we can. BTY I will be moving there in about a year give or take and Blue Wolfe will be in June.

Moon Momma
April 3rd, 2004, 09:09 PM
I just might be able to do that! But is it a family thing or adults?
I'll have to see exactly where Ellis is.

Kobolos
April 3rd, 2004, 10:11 PM
hey Moonster. I'm in Belleview, Where you at?

dragonkin
April 3rd, 2004, 10:57 PM
It is a family affair Moon Momma. I am bringing my 5 year old there is a restaurant as part of it so kid safe. Ellis is Northern Ks, Closest bigger town is Hays.

Moon Momma
April 3rd, 2004, 11:55 PM
hey Moonster. I'm in Belleview, Where you at?

Right down Hwy 75, just on the other side of Plattsmouth.

Moon Momma
April 3rd, 2004, 11:59 PM
It is a family affair Moon Momma. I am bringing my 5 year old there is a restaurant as part of it so kid safe. Ellis is Northern Ks, Closest bigger town is Hays.
I checked on MapQuest, its about a 6 hour drive. That's do-able, depending on my finances at the time. Keep me posted!

Kobolos
April 4th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Right down Hwy 75, just on the other side of Plattsmouth.

That's too funny. We're moving from Plattsmouth over the next two months to Belleview (lived here in Plattsmouth over the last 4 years) and we cross paths here of all places.

Small World

Moon Momma
April 4th, 2004, 12:05 AM
So then you probably know where Murray is....?
That's where I am. :)
I actually lived on 13th and Martha in South Omaha (by Sokol Hall) and just moved out into the Boonies about 6 months ago.

Kobolos
April 4th, 2004, 12:08 AM
So then you probably know where Murray is....?
That's where I am. :)
I actually lived on 13th and Martha in South Omaha (by Sokol Hall) and just moved out into the Boonies about 6 months ago.

We used to live on 25th and F in South O!

You're about 6 miles down. :) Turn at the KFC/Taco Bell on 75 and your a mile from our apartment complex. Too funny. I always say Belleview because no one wants to claim to be from Plattsmouth...with good reason. ;)

Moon Momma
April 4th, 2004, 12:14 AM
I know, I almost have to say Plattsmouth because no one ever knows where Murray is, plus I don't always like giving out the name of the town since its kinda small. But, you're right, who wants to admit they're from Plattsmouth? ;)
I'm always right there by that KFC/Taco Bell...grocery shopping, renting movies...last night I even made a run to DQ for a Blizzard!

Kobolos
April 4th, 2004, 12:18 AM
That's were we were! WEIRD. Man those Strawberry CheesQuake blizzards are tops.

Moon Momma
April 4th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Very weird! ;) Loooove the CheeseQuakes...I tried the toffee one last night.

Lunacie
April 4th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Hello Nebraska neighbors. :) I wish I could come up there in June for Ren Faire at Iowa Western College just north of Omaha. **sigh** Maybe you'd be interested in attending Heartland Pagan Fest in May?
http://www.kchsa.org/Festival/prereghtml/PreReg-2004.htm

Edited to add: that's May 27-31 at Camp Gaia a little ways northwest of Kansas City, or due north of Lawrence, near McClouth Kansas.

Moon Momma
April 4th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Hello Nebraska neighbors. :) I wish I could come up there in June for Ren Faire at Iowa Western College just north of Omaha. **sigh** Maybe you'd be interested in attending Heartland Pagan Fest in May?
http://www.kchsa.org/Festival/prereghtml/PreReg-2004.htm

Edited to add: that's May 27-31 at Camp Gaia a little ways northwest of Kansas City, or due north of Lawrence, near McClouth Kansas.

I went to the Ren Faire last year at IWCC, and the year before that. They keep saying "this is the last year!" but luckily it hasn't been!
I'll have to check and see if I could make it to the Heartland Pagan Fest. I bet its a lot of fun!

SanuraEmber
April 4th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Hey everyone :colorful:
I'm from NW Iowa, about 4 hours from Omaha. Maybe you've heard of Okoboji Iowa (the Iowa great lakes)- prob not- but we do get a lot of Nebraska/Omaha campers up here (I work for the DNR at the campgrounds in the summer)
My little town is called Harris, has about 200 people, and is about 20 miles west of Okoboji, and even local Iowans haven't heard of it! I go to school in Storm Lake, IA which is a little bit closer to Omaha- but still not a big city (alas, Iowa :S)
If anyone goes to Okoboji in the summer or would like to, we could have a meet up there at one of the three state parks. I could possibly reserve some campsites depending on the dates (the parks don't allow you to reserve- but I have connections! ;))
PM me if anyone is interested-- it's a beautiful area, despite all the tourists... there are plenty of nature areas that they aren't aware of!

Moon Momma
April 4th, 2004, 11:47 PM
I'm from NW Iowa, about 4 hours from Omaha. Maybe you've heard of Okoboji Iowa (the Iowa great lakes)- prob not- but we do get a lot of Nebraska/Omaha campers up here (I work for the DNR at the campgrounds in the summer)
My little town is called Harris, has about 200 people, and is about 20 miles west of Okoboji, and even local Iowans haven't heard of it! I go to school in Storm Lake, IA which is a little bit closer to Omaha- but still not a big city (alas, Iowa :S)
If anyone goes to Okoboji in the summer or would like to, we could have a meet up there at one of the three state parks. I could possibly reserve some campsites depending on the dates (the parks don't allow you to reserve- but I have connections! ;))
PM me if anyone is interested-- it's a beautiful area, despite all the tourists... there are plenty of nature areas that they aren't aware of!

I've heard of Okoboji and Storm Lake. Isn't Buena Vista College in Storm Lake?
A campout sounds like a lot of fun! We could try to put one together.

Mistress_Hoshi
April 5th, 2004, 12:31 AM

Been to Okoboji and Storm Lake. Storm Lake has an awesome Marching Band!

Anyway I'm from Sioux Falls up here in SoDak! :huddle:

lunachic420
April 5th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Hey, I'm also in Kansas. I haven't been to the Heartland pagan fest but I recommend the Gaia Goddess Gathering in Sept. at Camp Gaea. In fact I recommend visiting Camp Gaea period...it's gorgeous private pagan property. :)
Blessed be and Namaste!

SanuraEmber
April 5th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Yep, I go to Buena Vista University in Storm Lake. I'm surprised that you two (Mistress and Moon Mamma) have heard of the area.... it's a nice university, but small.
Mistress, we go to Sioux Falls all the time- great shopping (the empire mall) and the falls are beautiful-- that's where my fiance proposed to me :D
We always spend hours in the Barnes and Nobles there, also.
That's cool that we are all relatively close to each other (Daytrip!)
:colorful:

Daydream
April 6th, 2004, 02:38 PM
I'm not a full fleged Pagan or Wiccan yet but I am going to college at UNK. :)

Moon Momma
April 6th, 2004, 06:40 PM
I'm not a full fleged Pagan or Wiccan yet but I am going to college at UNK. :)

Cool! One of my ex-boyfriends who is still a good friend of mine lives in Kearney. He works at some youth detention center out there.

Daydream
April 25th, 2004, 09:22 PM
That's cool. I visited one of those for a class I am currently taking.

fallen x whisper
April 25th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Wow! I was so glad to find this topic! I'm a Kansas Wiccan! ^___^ I live in Shawnie Mission - Johnson County - Leawood, to be exact! Heh.

Moon Momma
April 27th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I think I've heard of Shawnee Mission...what part of Kansas is it in?

Lunacie
April 27th, 2004, 01:09 PM
I think I've heard of Shawnee Mission...what part of Kansas is it in?
It's a suburb of Kansas City Kansas, to the southwest.

sugarcult
May 4th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I live in a little town called Weeping Water... like 15-20 minute drive from Murray.. maybe less... depending on how fast I drive.. lol :hehehehe: .. and i'm currently studying Wicca.. and i personally know Saiya from here (MW).. she kicked my ass at DDR :foh:

Moon Momma
May 4th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Hey, cool! So you go to school with Saiya?

Moon Momma
May 4th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Well, I don't know how many people will see this....but is anyone interested in putting together a group campout at Okoboji?? Maybe sometime in July?

sugarcult
May 5th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Yea... i go to school with Saiya.. im going out with her best friend too.. although.. Saiya.. -IS- abusive... *hides*

Atheleisia
October 2nd, 2004, 11:56 AM
(Can I bump up an old thread without ruining anybody's day? Guess I'll find out.)

I'm in Kansas City, KS. (Actually Olathe, a suburb of KC.) I lived in Pella, IA for a little bit too; we moved back to Kansas years ago, but still head up to Iowa a lot to visit my husband's relatives.

Wulf Stormhand
October 5th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Greetings one and all, I can't express how happy I am to find this post! I currently live in the Northern Part of Kansas City, MO (less than 15 miles form KCI Airport). And I'm CONSTANTLY looking for other pagans around this area, just too few of us around sometimes!

Brightest Blessings,
Wulf Stormhand

forbidden_vengence
October 5th, 2004, 09:13 PM
I visit Columbus in the summers