PDA

View Full Version : A question...

loopy
July 24th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Last night before going to sleep I lit some Jasmine, which I read is a dream incense, and asked the Goddess to appear to me in my dream and give me a message. This is the dream I had.

I was on a class trip, visiting what were supposed to be stables where Joan of Arc had lived. There was even her old horse there. I remember just touching the wood around the horse pen and feeling energy from it. Then suddenly I was my best friend, and she/I was riding a different horse, and all of a sudden this voice came, that was supposed to be from Joan's horse. I turned back, and at this point I can't remember if I saw the horse, or a woman's figure. Both seem familiar to me; neither seems wrong. It was very... kind of misty. Joan's horse, which I think was blue, asked me something, but I can't remember what it was. I know I wanted to abandon my horse to ride hers, and then me (as myself) was trying to talk me(as my best friend) out of it.

So I put this question here, because I was wondering if Joan of Arc had ever appeared to be a Goddess figure to anyone? Or if any of the details sounds remniscent of a particular deity-- the blue horse, mayhaps?

I tried to pick it apart, and I know that Joan of Arc has always been an intriguing figure to me. I always wanted to do class reports on her. Do you think maybe my subconscious was just projecting an image I was comfortable with?

Is it possible this was a divine dream, or do you think it sounds like just my imagination working into overdrive?

Myst
July 24th, 2001, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by loopy
I tried to pick it apart, and I know that Joan of Arc has always been an intriguing figure to me. I always wanted to do class reports on her. Do you think maybe my subconscious was just projecting an image I was comfortable with?

Possibly. What does blue mean to you, and what do horses represent? If possible use your own meanings, the first things that come to mind, not a dream dictionary definition. After all it was your dream, so you're the best interpreter. Why were you trying to talk yourself out of it? What did the other horse represent to you, and why did you want to ride it? Did you get to ride it?

Is there something in your life, some goal or thing that you just want to go for, even if you're a bit scared or don't think you should do it? How did you feel during the dream and when you woke up?

loopy
July 25th, 2001, 12:35 AM
I did try and sort all that out before I posted, so I'm fairly aware of the significance of the dream. My knowledge of the Goddesses still leaves to be desired, so I was just wondering if any elements seemed familiar to any deity. :)

Thanks, btw. :)

Mairwen
July 25th, 2001, 05:53 AM
Mention horses and what comes to mind almost instantly is Epona!

raevyncigany
July 27th, 2001, 04:45 AM
I'm reading your description of the dream and my head is reeling....I have a feeling I know what the dream means, but I'm not coherent enough (with regards to my inner voice) to interpret it into words...let me read it in the morning when I've had some sleep and I'll try and mull it over....

BB

Rae )0(

bloodstone20
July 27th, 2001, 12:19 PM
Epona is the horse in the Zelda games .... Not to mention a Horse Goddess. Posideon is also associated with horses, as are Apollo, and Selene

Dolphin's Eye
July 28th, 2001, 04:07 PM
If you're asking if the Goddess CAN appear to you as Joan of Arc, in my opinion, the answer to this is YES. The Goddess is a strong woman, and it can be that your mind relates her to Joan, especilly if you liked her character and feel drawn to her.
The Goddess can send a message, but the way you interpetate that message is totally up to you, and your sub-mind.

Is it really the Goddess? In that I agree with everyone that only you can answer that, simply trust your own intuition. If this helps I know I would have believed it is a message from her, but that's only my opinion, and the opinion that counts here is YOURS :-).

IOLO
August 24th, 2001, 01:26 PM
I agree with Willow....the gestalt way is the best way to get at what dreams mean to the individual....because it interprets what the dream means in terms of your own symbolic/dream "language"

Although I am witch and not wiccan ( I worship no gods or godesses), as an exercise to help them learn first hand the formative aspect of the universe, when I am helping newcomers to the Craft, I will give them what I call "the goddess experiment"......Dolphin's Eye answer very much alludes to that and what the dream may mean...the "goddess" ( i.e. formative power) can of course by it's very definition "appear" to a person....

To answer Loopy's question ...the goddesses which come to mind are Epona and Rhiannon......with a touch of Boodaccia ( although not a goddess----nonetheless a great woman!!) thrown in...

Loopy may want to read up a bit also on Joan, and her "companion", Gil(l)es De Rais....Gilles is reputed to be the richest person in the world ever ---even more than Bill Gates----yet squandered a fortune in pursuit of magick.....and also his own nefarious lusts....

Dria El
September 20th, 2001, 07:07 PM
I'm intrigued. Did you figure it out loopy?