PDA

View Full Version : PLeas help

Nomad
February 19th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Please I'm new to this whole druid thing and I need a teacher of sorts to teach me these was. please if u are interested and are of high enough rank to teach me e-mail me and teach me about this truth of druidism. Oh and please post any reccomended web-sites or books.

thanks,
Nomad

Maggie
February 19th, 2001, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Nomad
Please I'm new to this whole druid thing and I need a teacher of sorts to teach me these was. please if u are interested and are of high enough rank to teach me e-mail me and teach me about this truth of druidism. Oh and please post any reccomended web-sites or books.

thanks,

Nomad

Try imbas.org and adf.org, both are good druid websites. __The World of the Druids__ by Miranda Green is a good overview of the druids.

Maggie

Twig
February 20th, 2001, 06:23 AM
Greetings and Welcome Nomad! Thank you for coming here.

In regards to this forum and me. First,we ARE interested in you and your quest my Brother. You are the reason this was built. As to "ranks",there are none here and I won't allow it in this forum. We are all Brothers and Sisters on a common ground of mutual respect.

First of all. I would like to share some points on what to watch out for when searching for a mentor or a teacher.
These general tips can apply to other paths and should ALWAYS be in your mind when you look for an individual teacher.

1. What is their background? A good teacher will be proud of and tell you exactly where and how they learned. If they are at all evasive or skirt the subject. Walk away.
2. Do they proclaim that theirs is the only way,demand strict obedience, or demand your silence to what goes on? Keep going,sounds like a cult
3. Do they require money other than normal member fees and dues and token costs of lesson materials? Tell them "Later". Their god is money.
4. Is sex involved in any way,shape or form? RUN AWAY FAST!!! Sex is in no way a part of ANY valid paths introduction. They are a predator. Tell their leader,your parents,the police,whomever you need to if they try to push the point. {FYI}There IS sex magic but, it is an advanced [pagan]path,only used by consenting couples and a rite of Love.
5.Lastly,does it feel Right to YOU? The druid[and every other path] quest should be FUN! You are not there to worship Their God[dess],or them.

You asked about the "Truth of Druidism". The truth is,I think you already know the answer,heheh. [Twig ponders for a while] To ME,the simple truth is that everyTHING has,and is,Spirit. as such,we can and should relearn how to get as spiritually close to the earth and the magick around and within us again.

Wow,I didn't plan on this answer being so long! You my friend,have started out well with those questions. Keep them coming.
Peace,
Twig

Nomad
February 20th, 2001, 11:18 PM
Thanks to you all for the help on my quest. I started out wanting to practice wicca but this seems more right. The truth is in my soul and I have found it. Once again keep your suggestions coming my path still needs a little help being guided. May the wolf show me the ways and the gods light my way.

Blessed eve,
Nomad

Maggie
February 20th, 2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Nomad
. I started out wanting to practice wicca but this seems more right.
Blessed eve,

Nomad

This is actually a very important point. What we might *want* to practice isn't necessarily what actually resonates in us. Everyone needs to learn to listen to that inner voice, instead of drowning it out.

Maggie

enkantrix
March 2nd, 2001, 10:43 PM
Hi! I havent read this whole thread but I would like a Druid teacher too.
I am pagan, but I dont want to call myself Celtic Wiccan/Druid till I AM ONE.
Does any1 understad.
I tried reading sites and I got good info, but I think I need a one on one basis. If anyone can help???
BB

mol
March 4th, 2001, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ~*ѩX*~
Hi! I havent read this whole thread but I would like a Druid teacher too.
I am pagan, but I dont want to call myself Celtic Wiccan/Druid till I AM ONE.
Does any1 understad.
I tried reading sites and I got good info, but I think I need a one on one basis. If anyone can help???
BB

Welcome ~*ѩX*~ , I am sure you will find some great teachers here...and some great friends. We are glad to have you and hope to see you here often.

Twig
March 4th, 2001, 10:20 AM
Greetings Sister!
My best suggestion would be to go to obod or ADF and ask if there are any groves or solitarys in your area. Then using my above guide, check out if the people are committed.

As to MysticWicks, I don't make any recommendations, as there could be legal ramifications should something happen.
Peace,
Twig

enkantrix
March 4th, 2001, 09:44 PM
THankyou all for your help. And BTW I am a brother not a sista. Thanks ya'all!
*g*

BLESSED BE!

Twig
March 5th, 2001, 01:35 AM
:o Ooops, Sorry!