PDA

View Full Version : My two cats are acting very strange, they had me worried.

*GrumpButt*
April 7th, 2004, 09:00 PM
My two male adult cats, Meek and Vinnie, were acting very weird....

Eariler this afternoon Meek, was out back, and he was crying, and standing in one spot, sniffing the ground. He just stood there crying and sniffing, for anout 10 mins. Vinne went up to him and sniffed the ground also.

And 3 mins ago, an hr or so after Meek, Vinnie was crying on the other side of the yard, adn doing the same thing Meek was...

I thought Meek was hurt, but he was fine, and the same with Vinnie. I have NEVER seen them do anything like this before.

Come to think on it, Meek has not been acting like himself as of late.
He is usually a sloth (lol). But the past 3 days or so he has been tearing around the house with my kitten Bast, playing...

He NEVER plays...

It started about4 nights ago, he was laying on the floor, calling. I would look at him and he would lokk like "huh? what?" I didnt say anything" lol
I went over to him and lo and behold he wanted to play!

Meek is getting up in years, like 9-10.......

SilverMaiden
April 7th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Have any storms headed your way? The change is seasons and weather have an affect on cats. They can be very sensitive to the changes in pressure.

djmixon
April 7th, 2004, 11:02 PM
No kidding, we had tornado warnings all around here yesterday and all of the cats (yes, all NINE of them) wanted to be held . . . at the same time. . .

skyewindflower
April 8th, 2004, 07:48 PM
are they both male cats?.....they may have smelled a scent from a female cat in heat outside in the grass....cats can also smell a female cat in heat from inside the house also.....our cat cleo has many admirers visit the house when she is in heat lol....but she is an indoor cat...so no visits....lol
Just a thought....
Brightest Blessings
Skye