PDA

View Full Version : Breaking up is so hard to do....

Candace Valera
July 25th, 2001, 11:06 PM
I am posting a thread to ask for prayers and positive energies for my son and for myself. His girlfriend/fiance just broke up with him completely by surprise yesterday, and we are so bereft. She is a beautiful young Celtic girl with a heart of gold, and she always was so full of love and confidence in their future together. My son is a very sensitive Virgo who cries at sad things and movies and has had enough heartache in his life to last forever.

I am a single mother who has not done perhaps a very good job of showing a person can truly recover from heartbreak, as I still grieve over leaving my husband six years ago due to alcoholism and verbal abuse....

I would rather go thorugh sixty divorces than see him in this pain. I believe she was given the advice to party and enjoy life, and I wish her the best of happiness. I would appreciate any little advice or positive vibes send our way. We have been chumming around a lot and he has been trying to find new friends..... Why oh, why is life so hard?

(I originally posted this is another forum, but this is the one that I meant to post!!!)

Blessed be!!!!!

Blessed Be

:( :(

Yvonne Belisle
July 25th, 2001, 11:28 PM
I am sure that I speak for many of us when I say that our hearts and healing energy go out to him. It is a sad thing that has happened. Hopefully something brighter will come up on his horizen with time. Blessings on you both it sounds as if you both have much healing to do.

reanna
July 26th, 2001, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Yvonne Thomas
I am sure that I speak for many of us when I say that our hearts and healing energy go out to him. It is a sad thing that has happened. Hopefully something brighter will come up on his horizen with time. Blessings on you both it sounds as if you both have much healing to do.

From me too.

reanna
July 26th, 2001, 01:57 AM
and ..........
welcome!!! :):):)

loopy
July 26th, 2001, 03:59 PM
My thoughts and energies are with you all. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

random
July 26th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Greetings and Welcome to MW.

Luck and Best Wishes to you and your son in the future... I hope things get better.

-christy-

raevyncigany
July 27th, 2001, 05:44 AM
How sad :( I hope your son recovers from the loss of a friend. Here's hoping that love finds him again, and that his grief will cease.

BB with good thoughts and love

Rae )0(

Emerald Sky
July 27th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Candace,

I had someone break my heart a few years back. It was the only time I've ever truly felt a loss like that. What my mother did was very simple, but very helpful. She told me that if I needed anything - to call her. Even if I didn't have anything to say - if I just needed a voice at the other end to help me get out of my thoughts.

It doesn't sound like much, but there were many times that I would call and say, "I just need you to talk to me." She knew exactly what that meant, and would proceed to do most of the talking so I didn't have to because I didn't feel like talking at the time, and she would talk about happy things that had nothing to do with the situation I was trying to heal from. It helped get my mind off of the hurt, and it reassured me that I wasn't alone.

Peace to you and your son.

sugar
March 2nd, 2006, 01:03 AM
this is my first child and today my childs father and i broke up and i am 3 months pregnet it was a good thing to do but why do i still feel like i need him he hit 2 days ago and i am 19 and my track record with men has not been very good maby you guys could give me some advice on what to do and how to bounce back from this and if i should let him in our childs life
and also sorry i cant spell
and sorry for your misfourtune

DreamSpell333
March 2nd, 2006, 01:19 AM
I am posting a thread to ask for prayers and positive energies for my son and for myself. His girlfriend/fiance just broke up with him completely by surprise yesterday, and we are so bereft. She is a beautiful young Celtic girl with a heart of gold, and she always was so full of love and confidence in their future together. My son is a very sensitive Virgo who cries at sad things and movies and has had enough heartache in his life to last forever.

I am a single mother who has not done perhaps a very good job of showing a person can truly recover from heartbreak, as I still grieve over leaving my husband six years ago due to alcoholism and verbal abuse....

I would rather go thorugh sixty divorces than see him in this pain. I believe she was given the advice to party and enjoy life, and I wish her the best of happiness. I would appreciate any little advice or positive vibes send our way. We have been chumming around a lot and he has been trying to find new friends..... Why oh, why is life so hard?

(I originally posted this is another forum, but this is the one that I meant to post!!!)

Blessed be!!!!!

Blessed Be

:( :(

im so sorry that your son has to go through this.. My thoughts and prayers go out to you both.. (hugs) and welcome to mw's!

Yvonne Belisle
March 2nd, 2006, 08:34 AM
this is my first child and today my childs father and i broke up and i am 3 months pregnet it was a good thing to do but why do i still feel like i need him he hit 2 days ago and i am 19 and my track record with men has not been very good maby you guys could give me some advice on what to do and how to bounce back from this and if i should let him in our childs life
and also sorry i cant spell
and sorry for your misfourtune

You will find that many of us here have been in abusive relationships so there will be lots of healing and caring for you here. It isn't easy to leave any relationship and a child just often makes it harder. I would say right now your best bet is to find things you enjoy to keep busy so that you are not thinking of what ifs and him. Focus on you and your baby. Go explore your town and meet people who will be babysitters go to the pediatricians in your area and ask if you can have a few minutes of their time to get to know them a bit. Then when the time comes for your child to have a doctor of their own you know who you are comfortable with.

Kalika
March 2nd, 2006, 05:55 PM
:hugz:

He's young and stronger than he thinks. Both of you hang in there, and hopefully this experience will enable both of you to grow.

atropa
March 3rd, 2006, 12:00 PM
Well, I was going to say how sorry I am that this happened until I noticed that this was originally posted 4 years ago lol! I seriously hope he's gotten over it by now :)