PDA

View Full Version : Sibling Show of Affection

random
July 26th, 2001, 04:49 PM
ok, I don't like to be hugged, touched, or anything by anyone, not even my grandparents. It's just doesnt work with me. Actually, in truth, I think it wastes a lot of time, and it annoys me very much. So, get this, my sister, who is very much bigger than I am (close to six feet tall and over two hundred pounds--shes younger than me--and I 5 ft 3 and around 170--the eldest) likes to hug me and kiss me and all that stuff... a minute ago she could have crushed my throat with her hands if i had had enough strength to push her off of me. I t pisses me off really, and I dont know what to do. my mother or father wont tell her to leave me alone, Im afraid Im going to do something Ill regret, like through curses at her at the top of my lungs, or soemthign like that..... she just turned 13 in may. ok, im 14, my bro is 10 and is about 1 inch from being taller than me...... they like gang up on me and stuff. my parents wont do anything about it.

-christy-

tigger759
July 26th, 2001, 04:55 PM
Have you thought of telling her yourself nicely? I mean if she knows how you feel it may help a bit.
I'm the same way and it's just me i'm not overly affectnate with anyone! My husband and i rarely hold hands. What i want to do i do behind closed doors. My family has come to realize this and when i need them they are there for me without all the hugging and kissing!! But there are times when a hug is a good thing!!

Lavender
July 26th, 2001, 11:57 PM
Are they doing that because they're really affectionate or are they doing that because they know it bothers you.

If they have no idea how you feel, try telling them. They may not realize that they're hurting you.

On the other hand, if they're doing it on purpose, try casting a protective bubble around yourself. I use it in situations when I don't want to be bothered. Imagine a grey sphere surrounding you & people can't see you.

raevyncigany
July 27th, 2001, 05:55 AM
I'm sorry to hear that your sister's show of affection bothers you. At the age of 13 I'm surprised she isn't avoiding you like the plague! Now don't take that the wrong way...it's not meant as an insult...I was once 13 and I remember wanting to beat the bejeezus out of my eight year old brother on a daily basis...forget hugging him or kissing him!!! Bleeeecccchhhh!!! ;) But I agree with Tigger...if it bothers you that much, ask her nicely to stop. It may take a couple of tries, but be firm, be gentle, and most of all (even though at the age of fourteen, you're not supposed to 'love' anyone, much less your 13 year old sister), let her know that you do care about her, you just don't feel comfortable showing it physically.

BB from someone who went through this with her father...

Rae )0(

random
August 10th, 2001, 11:58 PM
I apologize for the delayed reply...

I have told her before... I think she does it just to annoy me. All and all she's... a "happy-cloud-person" , you know what I mean? well, she and my brother left today. SHe to stay at my grandmother's for a while, and he, my aunts... so I have some relief from them...

-christy-

Mairwen
August 11th, 2001, 12:14 AM
My boys used to whack each other over the top of the head with a closed fist and say, "I love you, man!" 8O They outgrew that real quick, though. :eek: :bad: