PDA

View Full Version : Spells and Magic..

The Dexterity Theory
April 23rd, 2004, 10:03 AM
a friend of mine showed me this site.

as im only a beginner, i havent checked out the depths of the site yet. but it seems ok so far.

it puts alot of pressure into making sure you "make magic your life". do you agree with this. like, im interested in wicca and some other types of paganism, but im not prepared to make it my life. i have other things in my life as well.

Faeawyn
April 23rd, 2004, 10:13 AM
No...not in the context you put it. Magick is a part of my life...but not my entire life. Hanging out with my friends, my husband, my children, my work, my home....all many facets of my life. And magick just fits in there with the rest.
Now Wicca is a religion, and making it a part of your life is like making Christianity a part of your life. If you're a christian, you live by the rules of your church or your belief. If you're a Wiccan, you follow the Wiccan path. But you're entire life is not just being Wiccan. Does that make sense?

Faeawyn
April 23rd, 2004, 10:16 AM
Ummm...you're in the website analysis thread :lol:...thinking perhaps you need to be bumped back into New Pagans :)...you may want to ask one of the moderators to bump you. :)

The Dexterity Theory
April 23rd, 2004, 10:24 AM
indeed it does make sence.

and i just figggured that cause its a website, id chuck it in here.

blueiris
April 23rd, 2004, 10:27 AM
Can you provide a link to the website please?

Avalon
April 23rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
Wait. Is that the "Puzuzu" guy? I dunno...some of his methods seem best avoided by the beginner.

The Dexterity Theory
April 23rd, 2004, 10:30 AM
oh sorry i thought i had. www.spellsandmagic.com

yeah its that puzuzu guy. anyone know what that means? puzuzu?

Faeawyn
April 23rd, 2004, 10:31 AM
Oh..was there supposed to be a website attached? I thought you were talking about something you read here.

The Dexterity Theory
April 23rd, 2004, 10:33 AM
lol. sorry. my bad organisation. it is 12:32am so i have an excuse. big day at school today.

Felidae
April 23rd, 2004, 12:45 PM
Wait. Is that the "Puzuzu" guy? I dunno...some of his methods seem best avoided by the beginner.
Ummm... Correct me if I'm wrong (anybody that knows, that is, he he) but isn't Pazuzu from the Necronimicon, actually written by HP Lovecraft?

Felidae
April 23rd, 2004, 12:50 PM
Whoops, my bad! I finally saw the about section wherein it is explained that puzuzu is the webmaster and his name is "spelled differently and means different things".

Faeawyn
April 26th, 2004, 05:58 PM
I thought it was the name that Linda Blair called out in the Exorcist II or something :lol: Wasn't that the one with the locusts??

Felidae
April 27th, 2004, 08:39 AM
I thought it was the name that Linda Blair called out in the Exorcist II or something :lol: Wasn't that the one with the locusts??
Well, I googled the (real) spelling and got this link:

http://oi.uchicago.edu/OI/MUS/HIGH/OIM_A25413.html

So Pazuzu is legit, in that he existed in a lot more than Lovecraft's fiction.

And I'm not saying the site is bad (per se), but as a lot of the Spells in question were submitted by other visitors it seems to me that you would be much better off getting a good magickal foundation via books, etc., and then creating your own...

The webmaster's picture did scream "LaVey, LaVey" at me, though. :)