PDA

View Full Version : I finally have a plan

Amethyst Rose
July 29th, 2001, 01:40 PM
I think I have finally come up with a plan for what I want to do with my life.
I've been struggling a lot lately, trying to find a career that I'll be happy and proud of.... something that I would love. There have been a lot of times where I've considered just settling for what I have.
However, I've finally got a plan.... and it feels good. :)
No matter how many years and how much money it takes, this is what I'm going to do:

1. When I am financially able.....go back to University and get my Masters of Publishing (if possible with a minor in religious study... I have no clue if you can have a minor in a masters program).

2. Start my own publishing house that specializes in publishing books about religion. About all kinds of religion, and any religion. From "how to's" (credibility is a MUST), to philosophical studies, to histories, to text books.

Like I said, credibility will be a MUST. I will not become another Llewellyn. I will have editors on my staff who's job it is to detect credibility (i.e. know their subject) as well as edit.

My plan covers all 3 things I've always wanted to do with my life:
Own my own business, work for a large publishing house (and yes it'll be large eventually :D), and work with religion.

It's a big dream.... but what good is a dream if you dream small???

:sunny:

quixote
July 29th, 2001, 02:02 PM
sounds great to me, Amethyst.
BB, quixote

raevyncigany
July 29th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Way to go Amethyst!!! You go to it, girl, I know you can do it!!!

BB

Rae )0(

ladyrowan
July 29th, 2001, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Amethyst Rose
I think I have finally come up with a plan for what I want to do with my life.
I've been struggling a lot lately, trying to find a career that I'll be happy and proud of.... something that I would love. There have been a lot of times where I've considered just settling for what I have.
However, I've finally got a plan.... and it feels good. :)
No matter how many years and how much money it takes, this is what I'm going to do................
It's a big dream.... but what good is a dream if you dream small???
:sunny:

It's a big dream, but a good dream, and it's yours, so you go girl!
You can do it.
Too many people, including myself, let other people put them off their dream, mortgages and kids have a habit of creeping up on us, also stopping us fulfilling a dream.

I'm going for my dream now, but I'm 46 and have been trying to be happy 'settling for what I have' but it rarely works.
I left school in the early 70's, planning to change the world. Things got in the way.
I'm now working for The Environment Agency and finally doing my bit to protect my little bit of the world. I'm also about to start an Honours Degree in Environmental Sciences, but won't finish that till I'm 52. So I'm halfway to achieving my dream, albeit a bit late! And NO-ONE will get in the way this time.

If you want to do this so much, believe me, you'll find it much easier now than it would be in 20 years time. It's worth doing now, and I'm sure will lead to a far more fulfilling life than being left wondering "could I have done it?"

Good Luck :sunny:

Amethyst Rose
July 29th, 2001, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ladyrowan

It's worth doing now, and I'm sure will lead to a far more fulfilling life than being left wondering "could I have done it?"

You're absolutely right about that. We are all responsible for our own destinies (IMO), and I don't want to be someone who ends up hating their job/life 30 years down the road -- especially because I *know* it would be my own darn fault.

Amethyst Rose
July 29th, 2001, 11:51 PM
Thanks everyone for your good lucks and support. :D