PDA

View Full Version : Knowing yourself test....

Moondragon
February 20th, 2001, 04:58 AM
This is a test I came up with for my beginning students awhile ago. I find it to be something which really helps everyone who takes it alot. so take it if you want hope it helps!!!

Moondragon

Self Knowledge Test- by Moondragon

1a. Describe what a you metal image of a pagan is. Describe want you think magic is.This will help me figure out where you are at, at this point.

1b. What do you hope to get out of beign a pagan? What do you hope to get out of practicing magic?

2a. It is often helpful to examine our feelings and attitudes toward a topic that we are interested in. What is your feeling about Paganism?

2 . Examine your impressions, preconceptions, biases, ebtc. How have your reactions changed regarding it throughout your life?

3. Examine your present beliefs about reincarnation. Do you have any past-life memories?

4. One Saturday morning you see a program on TV depicting witches as worshiper of Satan, what do you do and how do you feel?

5. Someone important to you finds your book of shadows and assumes you are a devil worshipper. what do you say to them? How do you react if they do not believe you do you continue on your chosen path?

6. What are you deep reasons for wanting to practice?

7. Can you discipline yourself to follow through on your goals?

8. Have you a balanced life physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually? What do you think you can do to make it balanced or maintain your balance?

9. Do you fear the unknown? The non- physical? If so why?

10. Have you had psychic experiences? If yes, please describe.

11. How sympathetic are you towards others?

12. Can you temper your beliefs so you do not offend others.

13. Do friends use you?

14. Do you take responsibility for your actions?

15. Have you let go of your past hurts?

16. Have you ever manipulated others?

18. Does special moments in nature effect you? Name a few?

19. Do you believe a Supreme Power created everything here on earth?

20. Do moonphases effect your moods?

21. Do certain seasons appeal to you more than others? Which?

22. Do you have precognitive dreams?

23. Have you ever had a near- death expirence? If yes explain.

24. Do you have an affinity with animals? Can you communicate with them some way?

25. Do you consider yourself liberal, moderate or conservative? Why?

Hope this helps if you want to talk you can e-mail me at Moondragon1522@aol.com

Mairwen
February 20th, 2001, 11:11 AM
I think such "tests" are great to work with ~ we implemented a "membership petition" system this time last year, and it has not only helped me as a teacher, but the College as a whole, as well as the Seeker and the other Seekers and Students who are welcoming the "new Seeker" in. We also have a short "questionaire" for the Initiation Candidate to fill out; the 2nd Level candidate takes a brief oral test; the 3rd Level "test" is even more brief.

Our "membership petition" is three pages long, and if anyone would like to see a copy just to see what we ask, I can e-mail you one ~ they're in MS Word format. Just drop an e-mail to MairwenHPs@worldnet.att.net. :)

Kaylara
February 20th, 2001, 04:02 PM
Mairwen-
I would like a copy of that. Can you please e-mail a copy to me, it will help me to create one for my coven (which is just now organizing!)

Thank you so much!

BB,
Kaylara

Ariel
February 21st, 2001, 01:45 AM
Moondragon,

Okay so what is my mental image of a Pagan. Before I meant my "crazy Druid friend Twig" it would have been of an old man wearing robes and holding a staff. Wisely looking upon the world(kinda sounds like a wizard don't it). But that has changed, now I have a real picture of what a Pagan looks like and by golly they look just like me and anybody else I would see on the street. As for magic, I see it everyday of my Life. It's in and around us all the time. I've seen it in the hawk that flys over my home, in the babble of a creek and a baby. I believe that all the Mother has provided is magic. As for the strongest magic I've seen, it has to be the streaghth and courage I saw in my Life Mate as she passed on. So thats how I see magic. Can I cause it to happen? Is not that what we do everytime we learn a little more about ourselves and the world around us.

One question at a time?

Ariel

SilverMoon999
February 21st, 2001, 10:58 AM
I think your test is very well done. A friend and I have just starting working together. Although seperately we had been practising for years, we still found it awkward to work together because we didn't really know eachothers "styles". These types of questions are perfect to help get to know someone else that you've just started working with. Thank-you

Moondragon
February 26th, 2001, 03:51 AM
Twig and I are good friends too..hehe.he is well unique<g> just kidding. you can ethier send the replies to me through my e-mail or through yahoo messenger my fiancees messenger and mine are the same ID saber_152

Twig
February 27th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Crazy? Unique?? Well I want to thank you both...REALLY!
For you see, there is a method to my madness. I bet when you typed that you smiled, huh? If so,I am doing my job well.

Ariel knows that one of my favorite sayings is "Yes,I talk to myself and yes,I answer myself. But I haven't started saying "huh?" yet! Well my friend, that was an unfinished statement all this time! you see, I leave that word to the other person.

"Huh? Why's he usually in such a good mood?"
"Huh? There's GOT to be a reason!?"
"Huh? What's he know that I don't!!?"

When a person starts asking questions like that of themselves, they are forced to introspection.(OOoo,Twig make BIG word! :eek: ) And perhaps, by example, i can show people that life should be taken a little lighter.

Make sense? perhaps not but, I made you THINK so, the madness (of inner looking thought) has infected you too.

HUH??? Heheheheh

Peace,
Twig

lynx
February 28th, 2001, 02:36 AM
Moondragon, I have learned quite a bit about myself since taking your test. To tell you all of my answers would take a life time. But here are a couple....

A pagan to me, well they are you and me. They are all of us. All that are natural. All of natures beautiful gifts. Magic to me is the ability to change hate to love and to hear the cry of a newborn and realize that they will one day be able to change things that need be or leave them. That to me was magic when my son was born. :)

These are only a few. I love the questions. Can you e-mail them to me so that I may use them to help learn about others around me. That might help us all be a little closer. ;)

Lynx })i({