PDA

View Full Version : Questions and Answers Thread

Kalika
April 28th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Hi! I decided to start the Q&A thread, since we have 2 weeks to the class starting. :p

If you have questions, suggestions, or just want to talk... come on in. Keep it on the topic of healing please!

Also a good place to tell us why this class interests you... a little of what you hope to learn, and your own healing abilities/interests. :)

MoonDust
April 29th, 2004, 12:18 AM
In no particular order a few reasons....
I like helping others.
I've always thought the subject interesting
I always thought that having the gift of healing was cool.
I found out that my grandmother was the healer of her village. I'd like to follow those footsteps.
I figure that if I can feel their pain I should at least be able to help heal them.

Rowan MoonDragon
April 29th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Everything MoonDust just said...except for the part about my Grandmother.....

MoonDust
April 29th, 2004, 12:57 AM
:D it's fun to have people agree with me

BC_Druid
April 29th, 2004, 01:10 AM
As an initiate druid I'm looking to learn as much as I can about everything I can.
I've always been able to feel the pain of others, especially in animals, and I would love to be able to help them....*points at MoonDust's post* like her answer :)

Faery-Wings
April 29th, 2004, 06:36 AM
My path is one of the kitchen witch. I see myself as a nurturer and healer. I also am certified in Aromatherapy and have my Reiki Levels I and II. So I guess you could say healing is important to me. And I enjoy learning about new methods of healing. So, here I am. :)

mucgwyrt
April 29th, 2004, 06:39 AM
I hope to learn how to put my new ability to feel the energies in crystals to use, to heal my boyfriend's back and other more minor ailments :)
I also hope to extend my herbal-healing knowledge, as its smething I feel drawn to.

lednevir
April 29th, 2004, 05:12 PM
I want to heal my subconcious stress,nothing doctors have help,my psycologist told me to go to a hyptnotist and have the memories removed because none one could ever deal with what I've been through.I'm a writer and poet so I havent done it.Also I want to heal others
blessed be

Xeen
May 1st, 2004, 09:18 PM
I have been told that I could probably do healing stuffs, so this interested me :)

IvyCeltress
May 2nd, 2004, 01:29 PM
I guess I've always been the healing/nurturing type, though a bit too squeamish to go into medicine. I took massage in college and studied herbalism fairly deeply. Through the years, I've had various coworkers come to me asking about various herbs to take. I'm also drawn toward healers in many fantasy novel whether the heal through touch, or music.

It was kind of weird a month or so ago when Druchi asked for characters for his graphic novel. Without much though I created a character who was a weaver who spelled her blankets for healing, preventing nightmares, or happy marriages. It was strang, because I've never heard read about anyone doing that before, but it was lurking around in my psyche.

Kalika
May 2nd, 2004, 07:27 PM
:) Interesting, all of you.

Does anyone have any questions, concerns, thoughts, or ideas before the class starts on the 15th?

Don't be shy... that's why I created the thread. :)

MerrisHawk
May 4th, 2004, 03:07 AM
I am very interested in this class for both the physical and mental types of healing.
I've got enough empathy to feel a hurt and an uncontrollable urge to fix it. I am interested in learning how to use that urge to benefit others.

Nighthawk
May 4th, 2004, 03:05 PM
I have oddities about me, and I have healed before... I want more grounding and real knowledge. These oddities must be useful. Thank you

djmixon
May 4th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Also a good place to tell us why this class interests you... a little of what you hope to learn, and your own healing abilities/interests. :)

I want to learn how to better use my energy for healing. . .and the different ways it can be used. . .

Romani Vixen
May 4th, 2004, 11:53 PM
I want to learn how to do the different types of healing. So that I can help others and myself.

xblue420x
May 5th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Question!!
okay with assignments will there be due dates? and if so, what if your late? I have two problems..1, I'm really busy and dont know how well Im gonna be able to keep up with everything and 2, I forget very easily. I actually dont think i'll forget this as much since I'm really into it, but its still a possibility.
As for why i wanna be in the class...
I think I might be obsessed with healing hehe It just feels right to me. Right now I'm a massage therapist, and I plan on going to college to be a physical therapist. Part of it is selfish-I get injured and ill alot and not to many things seem to help, but mainly I wanna help other people. I've always been really interested in healing and want to learn more..anyways..I had more questions but Ive forgotten them hehe I'll come back as soon as i remember them
And thanks for doing this, I think the whole COT is a great thing and hope to learn alot from it
BB
Blue

Calyx
May 5th, 2004, 09:24 AM
I am the nurturing type, and as a hedge/kitchen witch, I would like to expand my knowledge to include healing as well. I work with herbs, but would like to learn more about other healing methods, such as Reiki. :)

Cinnamon Girl
May 5th, 2004, 11:00 PM
I joined so I could learn about the various techniques. I daydream about the idea of leaving the corporate world and becoming a massage therapist and very much enjoy that kind of contact. I'm also interesting in finding out about Reiki. Lately I've started researching herbs (for making incense) so I think the healing aspects will be helpful in furthering that knowledge.

I'm really excited about the whole thing! :boing:

No questions at this point, although I'm sure that will change. ;)

Tranquility
May 7th, 2004, 10:56 PM
To be honest, i never thought that i would be a healer, that is, not until i began thinking about what career i wanted to plan ( Keep in mind, im a senior in high school next year, lots of time ). Brilliantly, my dad proposed alternative medicine, so here i am psyched that im going to graduate school ( in many years ) for herbal medicine and chinese acupuncture. My aunt is a reiki master as well, and after reading a book on reiki, i was pumped to see how it worked, and it really is amazing. One thing that truly set my ambitions rolling was the 5 precepts of a chinese master, ( from the brochure of the college of traditional oriental medicine ). A true master would be of Martial Arts, Healing, Poetry, The Classics, and Calligraphy. . . I Also do martial arts, and i do think that healing is an important aspect as well.

Kalika
May 11th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Question!!
okay with assignments will there be due dates? and if so, what if your late? I have two problems..1, I'm really busy and dont know how well Im gonna be able to keep up with everything and 2, I forget very easily. I actually dont think i'll forget this as much since I'm really into it, but its still a possibility.
As for why i wanna be in the class...
I think I might be obsessed with healing hehe It just feels right to me. Right now I'm a massage therapist, and I plan on going to college to be a physical therapist. Part of it is selfish-I get injured and ill alot and not to many things seem to help, but mainly I wanna help other people. I've always been really interested in healing and want to learn more..anyways..I had more questions but Ive forgotten them hehe I'll come back as soon as i remember them
And thanks for doing this, I think the whole COT is a great thing and hope to learn alot from it
BB
Blue

Assignments and lessons will be posted weekly - they won't be difficult, but more of practice and expanding your knowledge. If there are special circumstances preventing you from participating normally, I will be accomodating. :) My goal is to bring others to the healing path... if you are here to learn, you are more than welcome. :)

Kalika
May 11th, 2004, 09:03 PM
To be honest, i never thought that i would be a healer, that is, not until i began thinking about what career i wanted to plan ( Keep in mind, im a senior in high school next year, lots of time ). Brilliantly, my dad proposed alternative medicine, so here i am psyched that im going to graduate school ( in many years ) for herbal medicine and chinese acupuncture. My aunt is a reiki master as well, and after reading a book on reiki, i was pumped to see how it worked, and it really is amazing. One thing that truly set my ambitions rolling was the 5 precepts of a chinese master, ( from the brochure of the college of traditional oriental medicine ). A true master would be of Martial Arts, Healing, Poetry, The Classics, and Calligraphy. . . I Also do martial arts, and i do think that healing is an important aspect as well.

:) I will be starting pre-med classes in about a year, when I get back into school. I've considered alternative medicine, but I think I would lose my flair for it if I did it on a daily basis. While I love healing, and helping others.... I tend to put too much of myself into it. So, I'm going into pediatics (or planning to at the present time), rather than sticking with natural healing. :p I think its great that you're interested in pursuing a career in alternative medicine - I hope this class will help you!

A lot of people who are interested in martial arts become interested in Reiki healing as well. :)

Calligraphy is a beautiful art... sounds like you have an interesting program ahead of you. I wish I had things figured out when I was your age, and I would be 1/2 way through! :D

GreenEyes
May 11th, 2004, 11:02 PM
I've taken a recent interest in healing lately and would love to continue to learn more :) I work with crystals and have begun with herbs more recently so I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge about these, as well as learning about more healing techniques. I guess I have a growing thirst for knowledge in this area!

Klucky
May 12th, 2004, 03:52 PM
When's it starting up? :D

-Klucky

jennymac
May 12th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I was interested in healing for quite some time now. I tried to heal my fiance's flu once, without knowledge or instruction, I ended up sick and he was fine!! :lol:

Kalika
May 12th, 2004, 10:14 PM
When's it starting up? :D

-Klucky

This Saturday, provided my computer holds up. :p

DonovanJoseph
May 25th, 2004, 07:48 AM
in your bio it says you heal w/ the "laying of hands" in some instances...what does that mean? :smile:

Nighthawk
May 25th, 2004, 12:00 PM
I just thought that was touch healing... I do it all the time... Is there something I am missing??

Faeawyn
May 25th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Or Reiki healing....:)

rain_fallen_tears
May 26th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Healing has always been one of the most interesting aspects of magick....for me. I'd love the ability to help people, when they feel under the weather...and I figure this is the best place to learn how....:D

Faeawyn
May 26th, 2004, 09:52 AM
I'm currently taking Reiki classes. Tonight, I receive my level 2 attunement in Usui Reiki (I'm so excited :clapping: ). After that, I move on to my Master/Teaching level :). It's amazing.

Kalika
May 29th, 2004, 02:11 PM
I'm currently taking Reiki classes. Tonight, I receive my level 2 attunement in Usui Reiki (I'm so excited :clapping: ). After that, I move on to my Master/Teaching level :). It's amazing.
:hugz:

Congrats!

Gigi
June 5th, 2004, 03:51 PM
...If you have questions, suggestions, or just want to talk... come on in. Keep it on the topic of healing please!...

Hi, Kalika! Are we keeping this thread open throughout the class.

I have a question about using herbs for healing stretch mark, or blemishes on the skin?

Can you tell me about an flowers, seeds, or oils that may work for this?

Gigi :chattin:

Eclectic Celt
July 6th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Merry Meet
I think it is good to know how to help others when they're ill and If you don't have traditional (todays medicines) in your cupboard it is good to know alternative methods of healing just incase!
I am mainly interested in how to use cyrstals,but the knowledge of herbs can't hurt either! :crazylaug
you'll have to excuse my spelling!
Blessed Be

HolographicJoe
October 12th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Why am I here.......Well, green growing things have always been vital to me, as have animals. It is a constant struggle forme to hold off the tide of pain and misery rolling in from all quarters, and I'd like to do something to reverse it rather than just hold it off with mindless brain-chatter. Also, I have an unusal condition, a strange gift, and I'd like to find out what it's for and why I got it.

Also, it's cool.
_wiz_

Kalika
October 12th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Welcome. :) You can start participating at any time!

PoisonIvy
October 16th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Well,I became interested in healing a very long time ago. I have several medical conditions that the "Doctors" just haven't been able to help me with. That's when I turned to herbs,hoping that maybe I will be able to help myself someday. I also enjoy having the knowledge to help others.

Kalika
October 16th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Hi, Kalika! Are we keeping this thread open throughout the class.

I have a question about using herbs for healing stretch mark, or blemishes on the skin?

Can you tell me about an flowers, seeds, or oils that may work for this?

Gigi :chattin:

Sorry that it took me so long to get in here and take a look at this!

Yes, this thread will remain open and available for your use.

As for blemishes on the skin, witch hazel is great for this - it reduces both redness and swelling.

Stretch marks... I have yet to hear of OR see a truly effective remedy for these, but I will do some more research and let you know.