PDA

View Full Version : Melting Candle Wax



skye*
May 2nd, 2004, 12:12 PM
I know you can melt it on the stove, but can you melt it in your microwave, i dont want to ruin one of my pans.

I accidently left my beltane candle outside and my dog got a hold of them and ruined them :sadeyes: , i want to make new ones out of the wax thats left.


MERRY BLESSINGS
:colorful:

Ravensnest
May 2nd, 2004, 12:15 PM
I know you can melt it on the stove, but can you melt it in your microwave, i dont want to ruin one of my pans.

I accidently left my beltane candle outside and my dog got a hold of them and ruined them :sadeyes: , i want to make new ones out of the wax thats left.


MERRY BLESSINGS
:colorful:

Depending on the type of wax most waxes do not melt well in the microwave and it's not terribly safe. Most waxes have a flashpoint of just over 200* meaning if they get above that temperature they will/can catch fire.

Even if you melt it on the stove you'll need a thermometer, and you'll need to keep the heat on very low.

skye*
May 2nd, 2004, 12:18 PM
Wow, Thank You Very Much:)
I Didnt Know That, Good Thing I Asked First.

Merry Blessings To You!

Ravensnest
May 2nd, 2004, 04:35 PM
Wow, Thank You Very Much:)
I Didnt Know That, Good Thing I Asked First.

Merry Blessings To You!

You are welcome! You can tell when it's getting close to that flash point by the smell of the wax (don't ask me how I know lol) You just have to be careful because it can catch fire on it's own. Same thing with the oils used to fragrace it. They all have a flashpoint and if the candle burns hotter than the flashpoint you can have a problem.