PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on being a Mother.

Pesha
May 6th, 2004, 01:01 PM
This came to me at 3 am this morning........

Being a mother is sometimes a thnkless job. Changing diapers and potty traing and feeding and cleaning bottles and then watching your kids grow up and go off on their own. Sometimes, you never really know if they cared or not. And then suddenly they do something or say something to you and you know it was all worth it. I have always said that being a mother is my greatest accomplishment. Being a mother is a blessing and we need to honour it as much as we can.

I thought of this as I lay awake last night.........

You are for a time a Maiden, then you will become a Crone.........

But you are forever and always a Mother.

BB
DS.

MerrisHawk
May 6th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Midnight Muse got you?
Bein' a mom has some problems, but it's worth it. When my teenage goth boy tells his friends, "Yeah, my mom's cool." or when my Friday the 13th child has a snit because somebody ate the cookies she'd saved just for me, I feel pretty good.

Calyx
May 6th, 2004, 01:10 PM
:hugz: Yes, we are and we always will be. :hugz:
And nothing can ever change that.

luna rising
May 6th, 2004, 01:13 PM
So weird that you posted this today. I was just thinking this morning about how non-maternal I feel. I think my husband is getting a bit antsy for children, but I just don't see it in the cards for me, and that makes me feel really guilty -- like I am a terrible representation of a woman.

I have so much respect and admiration for the things that you mothers do. You are wise, wealthy and loved, and maybe someday (?) I will join your honorable ranks :)

Seabreeze0197
May 15th, 2004, 09:06 PM
So weird that you posted this today. I was just thinking this morning about how non-maternal I feel. I think my husband is getting a bit antsy for children, but I just don't see it in the cards for me, and that makes me feel really guilty -- like I am a terrible representation of a woman.

I have so much respect and admiration for the things that you mothers do. You are wise, wealthy and loved, and maybe someday (?) I will join your honorable ranks :)
BriarRose, you are anything BUT a terrible representation of a woman. I know this post is over a week old, but I found it and HAD to reply to this. Now, first off, I am a mother of two incredible kids. I honestly can not imagine my life without them, period. I wouldn't even WANT to imagine it without them, even on the days when I'm yelling "I brought you into this world and I CAN take you out of it!"! I knew for forever that I wanted to be a mom. However, I respect the women who are honest enough to say, "Know what? I really do not want children." It takes SO much courage and honesty to admit that not only to yourself but to OTHERS! In this world/society, you're made to feel that you're a "terrible representation of a woman" or "not a woman" if you don't have the desire to have children. It's such Bulls***!! We are women for far more reasons than to have children. Having children is such a blessing to those of us who desire it, or even those who don't but it happens and they realize they can't imagine life otherwise...if you're meant to have children, you will, the Goddess will make sure of it. If not, do not allow anyone, including yourself :whistle: , to make you feel that you are less of a woman because of it! You are here for many reasons and if children aren't a part of that reason, so be it. There are so many unwanted children in this world, to have more brought into it due to an archaic belief delievered upon by society is deplorable. Follow your heart and the Goddess will not lead you wrong.....
Many blessings,
Seabreeze