PDA

View Full Version : GLBT Pagans

Saggitario
May 18th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Im starting a thread for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered Pagans to network together with other GLBT pagans, talk about life in general, and just be here for each other.
Ill start off by telling a little about myself:
Im a 19 year-old gay college student from the Houston, Tx area.
Right now, im trying to get my life together, find a job, get my drivers liscence, and hopefuly find some romance. :heybaby: Im also trying to broaden my network of both gay and pagan friends, online and off.

Hopefuly this thread will catch on...

Saggi

Tzhebee
May 18th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Sure, why not! I'm (almost) 28 bi-sexual female in WA state.

So how's life y'all?

Psyche Ague
May 18th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Hey, nice idea for this thread. :)

I'm Anni, a nearly 20 pansexual Animist from Pennsylvania. I'm currently going to college, have a wonderful boyfriend, and I'm out of school for the summer (though I'm going to be working at the college all summer).

I'm not really interested in meeting other people right now as I have a great boyfriend, but I love talking to new people and getting to know other GLBTQ people. :)

Tzhebee
May 18th, 2004, 07:27 PM
***raises hand***
I'm going to show my ignorance here and ask what is a "pansexual"?

Saggitario
May 18th, 2004, 07:36 PM
yes, Id like to know as well.

Thanks to everyone who has replied do far!

13thChylde
May 18th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Hey y'all :colorful:

The name's Kellie, I'm a bit lost for a label. I'm 35, married (to a man), but am not attracted to men anymore, at all. I've been in a long-distance relationship for 2.5 years now with my girlfriend, and if circumstances ever allow, I'd like to live with her. I'm madly in love with her.:loveduv:

I have two children and work full-time for a biotech company, and do volunteer and activist work when I can. I'm also thinking of attempting college sometime this year.

Oh, I'm also a Sag :fprtyman2 . And I seriously dig Sadie B Hawkins (hi Erin!)

Psyche Ague
May 18th, 2004, 08:07 PM
***raises hand***
I'm going to show my ignorance here and ask what is a "pansexual"?
Haha, I get this all the time.

According to dictionary.com, pansexual is : "Relating to, having, or open to sexual activity of many kinds." Not a very good definition if you ask me.

A really good definition and idea of it is found at this website :

http://www.edifyingspectacle.org/weblog/archives/love_and_lust/pansexual.php

Basically, it says (and I'm going to quote because he puts it so eloquently) :

"Happily embracing many gradations of gender, enjoying most possibilities I can fairly call my sexuality encompassing: pansexual."

So in short, I find not only "traditional" men and women attractive, but also crossdressers, transvestites, etc. I embrace the gender queer lifestyle even if I do not actively live it. I may look femme, but something inside me begs to be let out in a masculine fashion. I believe that I could lust after or fall in Love with anyone, regardless of gender. I truly believe that for me, love knows no boundaries.

...does that clear it up?

Saggitario
May 18th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Thats interesting!
I too beleive that love has no boundries, in general. The only difference I guess is that there are certain things that turn me on, and certain things that dont. Either way is ok in my book. As long as something makes you happy, go for it!

ArKane
May 19th, 2004, 02:11 AM
I'm a near 18 year old agoraphic gothic pagan lesbian. <-- See my avatar thingie.

Love knows no gender. Which is a favourite quote of mine.

I'm Scorpio is that close enough?

The only difference I guess is that there are certain things that turn me on, and certain things that dont.

You and me both. Its call a fetish..lots a fetish...I like my fetishes..my...precious..

*ahem*

Morr
May 19th, 2004, 04:13 AM
I'm a 22 y/o Lesbian, currently living in Israel.
I'm a college student, majoring in European History & Classical Studies. I work at my school's Social Sciences Library.

:)

Psyche Ague
May 19th, 2004, 03:20 PM
I'm a 22 y/o Lesbian, currently living in Israel.
I'm a college student, majoring in European History & Classical Studies. I work at my school's Social Sciences Library.

:)
*Lovetackles Morr!* Hey darlin'! :D

ArKane
May 20th, 2004, 01:53 AM
What exactly is Classical Studies? may I ask?

If you want to visit my site

Kindred Darkness - Gay Gothic Pagan Network (http://arkane.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi)

Morr
May 20th, 2004, 03:23 AM
*lovetackles Psyche back* hey hey hey :D

Classical studies is the study of the history, literature, language, anthropology & political thought of the Classic age in Rome & Greece.

Yup, I'm one of those geeks who can recite Latin phrases & Homer's Poetry...

Psyche Ague
May 20th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Yay. :) I love Classical Studies. I took Ancient Greek for a semester, though that was an entire two semesters ago and I can't remember much. ;)

Xander67
May 20th, 2004, 09:58 PM
when I first saw this thread, the Initials made me think of a BLT (Bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich) and then when I found out that this thread is for those who choose to follow thier heart rather than what society dictates....

I say :yourock:

Xander67
May 20th, 2004, 10:01 PM
*lovetackles Psyche back* hey hey hey :D

Classical studies is the study of the history, literature, language, anthropology & political thought of the Classic age in Rome & Greece.

Yup, I'm one of those geeks who can recite Latin phrases & Homer's Poetry...

ohhhh that means Mythology, Shakespeare, .... why, why, The Celts were VERY knowledgeable in thier Classical Studies, we know them now as "Lberal Arts"
:colorful:

ArKane
May 23rd, 2004, 05:27 AM
Creativity! Finally my muses have come back to me. [Just when exams and assigments are due in to]

Spark by recent discussion on homophbia and tolerence on the board and after reading people posts and incidents with homophobes,I have decided to write on paper on the subject.

I just need some input to get me started. I want to discuss the Who, what, when, where, whys and hows.

Who it affects.
Who does it.
What happens to the victim [emotional, physical, mental damage]
What might the attacker do? [Types of homophobic reactions]
When a victim is likely to be attacked [age, time, place, etc]
When a offender is likely to attack [In public, when the victim is alone etc]
Where is the victim going to be attacked [street, home, public eyc]
Where the offender is libale to attack [Does it take provacation? Do they go off straight away as soon as they see someone? The location?]
How it affects the victim [emtionally, mentally, physically, what about scars?]
How the offender feels/how they will react? [Physically, verbally, do they feel liberated when they do the act? etc]

Input would be greatly appericated.

Kaija
June 11th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Well, I guess I can jump in on this one.. Not actively searching for a relationship, but always looking for other GLBT pagans(etc).. to talk to. So, Hi.. If you want to know anything that isn't in my profile feel free to ask..

SilentDreams
June 17th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Nice thread...I'm a 16 y/o gay guy living in South Cali

Saggitario
June 18th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Hey all!
Sorry I havent checked back recently... How is everyone doing?
Im pretty good, I got a job finally! and my driving permit, so Im gonna be out on the roads soon.

Silent,
Its nice to meet you. I was beginning to think i was the only gay guy on this forum....