PDA

View Full Version : The Celestine Prophesy

ladyrowan
August 2nd, 2001, 06:34 PM
I was given this book ages ago, but have never really fancied reading it. Can I ask your opinions on it please?

BB

Dellit Tandannon
August 2nd, 2001, 07:08 PM
i've yet to read it myself, but i've heard wonderfull things about it from various people.

MammaStar
August 2nd, 2001, 11:53 PM
I read it a long time ago. I found it interesting and DEFINITELY helped open my eyes to lots of things. I think it would be worth the read

reanna
August 3rd, 2001, 12:35 AM
It is one of the :rolleyes:many :rolleyes: books that I have on the go right now. lol:):):)
Anyways, what I have read so far, has been good. I like it.

Swanspirit
August 3rd, 2001, 01:30 AM
Merry Merry,
and explains in story form a lot of the progress of the psychological growth processes, which actually is the underlying dynamic of its appeal , IMO, because it operates at improving self esteem ,
but I find it very much new agey and stressing the LIGHT and LIGHT new age ideas, and the all light and no shadows as the ultimate goal.... and where have I heard that before ??? hmmmmmmm.
Love and Light and Shadows
Swannie

Lilu
August 3rd, 2001, 01:23 PM
Hi!

I am a big fan of the CP. The lessons in it has taught me a lot in life, especially when it comes to energy interaction between people, I have recently been exploring the possibility of past life interplays and how we sometimes reincarnate in the same groups, which of course can bring up so many DIFFERENT feelings (from the past life) up in this life that are unexplainable with people we barely know. But anyway....

I have found that the book can be a bit "fluff bunny" in that it plays on the "light light light" side of things, and doesn't even acknowledge that the dark (shadowside) plays an equal, important role in life.

However, as a study of energies, and such, it's a great introduction! Write me if you want to talk more about it, I have a mailing list dedicated specifically to the CP that you may be interested in.

Lilu

ladyrowan
August 3rd, 2001, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the opinions. These are the first good reviews I've heard about it.

Guess I'll have to read it and see for myself.

BB

Semele
August 4th, 2001, 09:38 AM
Has to be one of my alltime favs!!! Great message, but then I am the supreme fluffy bunny!!!

Characters aren't very well developed and I often found myself flipping back to remember who a particular character was, but it isn't really about the characters....but the message. Please do read it and let us know what you think.

Xois
August 4th, 2001, 09:42 AM
moderator mode

Hi all

This seems like it would be more appropos in the Book forum, so I am gonna go ahead and move it!

Thanks
Xois

Lady Tana
August 4th, 2001, 11:43 AM
I did a review of CP for the MW newsletter a while back...

I thought it was a pretty good book... It had it moments...

but worth the read (then again I think almost ANYTHING is worth reading as long as you learn something from it)
it does stress the light aspect.. but has some good points too
there is a second in the set plus a workbook (dont have the workbook so i can say how that is) but i have read both.. do reccomend for those who are 'secure' in their beliefs.. and most everyone that i have known that has read these finds it relates to their religious beliefs (i dont know any one strictly 'dark' so that can apply here for me :) )

michellef
August 6th, 2001, 03:50 AM
I read the CP and workbook about 6 months ago now. I found it interesting and well worth a read, but like others have said, it does focus very heavily on the 'light' aspect without balancing it out and discussing the 'dark' aspect. The workbook was pretty much in the same vein. It is full of questions to work through, some of which I found helpful just for learning a bit more about past situations and my tendency to repeat situations over and over again. Definitely well worth a read though.

BB

Michelle

Earth Walker
August 6th, 2001, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Xois
moderator mode

Hi all

This seems like it would be more appropos in the Book forum, so I am gonna go ahead and move it!

Thanks
Xois

But........this is the book forum :confused: ;) :D

She who is NOT to be interrupted!

ladyrowan
August 6th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Mystique

But........this is the book forum :confused: ;) :D

She who is NOT to be interrupted!

Hehe, that got me a bit confused too, thought that's where i'd put it!

BB

folkwitch
August 27th, 2001, 01:04 AM
I thought the conclusion sucked and in no way followed a logical sequence. If we could do all that with our thoughts alone, why create machines to do it? That's not what I would do! How about it?