PDA

View Full Version : Deities

SilverMoon999
February 21st, 2001, 11:14 AM
Merry Meet! I am trying to find some resources on deities. Just some books on general correspondences and brief descriptions on deities. At this point I am most interested in Greek, Roman and Egyptian. If anyone knows of any books, could you reply or e-mail me. Thanks!!

Mariposa De La Luna
February 21st, 2001, 12:22 PM
I just started rereading The Witches' Goddess by Janet & Stewart Farrar. I've heard they've also done The Witches' God but I don't have that one. why don't you search at Amazon. com or BN.com. The search is half the experrience.

BrightStar
February 21st, 2001, 05:16 PM
Hi all!
I have The Witches' Goddess and The Witches' God.I really like them,especially all the listings of Goddess and God names at the end of each book.Those sections are a great resource.I don't really do the rituals they recommend at the end of each chapter on individual deities.But they give me something to add to my eclecticism.
Peace and Love
Rain BrightStar

Ari
February 22nd, 2001, 01:48 AM
"Ancient Mirrors of Womanhood" by Merlin Stone
"The [New] Book of Goddesses and Heroines" and "The Goddess Path" by Patricia Monaghan
"Embracing the Goddess Within" and "The Book of Goddesses" by Kris Waldherr (I was sent a copy of this season's Sagewoman with her name on it - must have been a stuff up at the office ;)

Kalima
February 23rd, 2001, 04:28 AM
The Goddess Path is indeed wonderful for someone just begining o dabble their toes into research, and would like a little historical info/correspondances/modern significances, without being too full-on.