PDA

View Full Version : What Colour Is Best For A Boy's Bed Room?

LadyTrinity
May 29th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Yellow
Red
Blue
Purple
Orange
Green
Leave it white

Flaire-FireStar
May 29th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Depends on the colour of everything else in the room, but I'd go with a yellow or light green.

MetalliKat05
May 29th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Coming from a 20 year old who's grown up in white rooms:

Keep it white. Dark colors (red, brown, etc) just don't make sense in any room. *shrug*

My room now is like 1000 parts white, 1 part green. It's pretty cool... but I'd go with just white.

Gareth
May 29th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Not pink!!!!

Faeawyn
May 29th, 2004, 02:20 PM
how old?? and definitely not purple :lol:

Romani Vixen
May 29th, 2004, 03:23 PM
FUSCHA!!!!!

no... really what he likes best.. if he's not old enough... ah... green....

zehava
May 29th, 2004, 03:26 PM
hehe... my son's room is pink. it was my daughter's room until the last time i had the urge to rearrange the house. i just haven't had the extra $ to buy a can of paint to get rid of the pink. he hasn't complained much though.

i'd go for blue. there are so many different blues you could keep it light or go dark... or do different shades with a sponging/scrunching technique (can you tell i love to redecorate??)

my son wants his room ORANGE! i kid you not. i'm trying to gently steer him away from it, but he keeps arguing that i got to paint my room the colour *i* wanted, so he should get to pick the orange he wants. lol.

-z

banondraig
May 29th, 2004, 03:28 PM
white is boring. pale green reminds me of hospitals. orange, red, and purple are just too much, especially as red and orange (or red anyway) have been shown to make people more active.

so i'd say blue or yellow.

Aeon Flux
May 29th, 2004, 03:36 PM
I would go with green.
It's a neutral enough colour and I personally find it very soothing.

I am planning on painting my room green actually... I think it would be wonderful to sleep in a green room.

Blondie
May 29th, 2004, 03:39 PM
HOT PINK!

Haha.

I would've loved that if my mom painted my room hit pink.

But honestly, maybe a nice OFF-WHITE colour, or a soft blue or green.

Galaxia
May 29th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Ω

Brynn
May 29th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I'd paint it light blue. Light green reminds me of hospitals too.

WhiteTigress
May 29th, 2004, 03:51 PM
I would go with slighlty off white and then you can use stencils around to border his room or pick 2 specific walls with whatever he may be interested in. Such as sports, trains, motorcycles (it would depend on his age). You can change it as he grows up and changes interests.
WhiteTigress

MerrisHawk
May 29th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah, what she said. :bigblue:
Keep the walls an even, everyday color and play with the extras. That way you can adjust the decor as he grows and changes.
Ever seen "Trading Spaces"?

LadyTrinity
May 29th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah, what she said. :bigblue:
Keep the walls an even, everyday color and play with the extras. That way you can adjust the decor as he grows and changes.
Ever seen "Trading Spaces"?

I :hearthear Trading Spaces!!!! Honestly right now my sons room is a yellow.. not lemon coloured.. more of a juicy fruit orangy yellow colour. Its nice but when we move I wasnt sure if I should do something different? :hrmm:

Flutterby_whispers
May 29th, 2004, 05:06 PM
I would find something cute boy theme that went with a red blue, yellow, green theme and use all the colors! :) I've seen some really cute rooms w/ lots of color used.

aluokaloo
May 29th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I'd say white, or blue but not dark blue, just sort that well blue I guess, you know that little leaguers sort of turqouise but sort of not swimming pool blue?

Yvonne Belisle
May 29th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Compromise paint it a nice nutral then do the trim in an orange he likes. Light brown curtains or white curtains with orange or tan tiebacks works well and a soft brown comforter. That will ease the orange from the trim and you are both happy.

Vampy
May 30th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Yellow
Red
Blue
Purple
Orange
Green
Leave it white

What color are his eyes? Go with something that will accent them! when my boys were born they were the colors of their eyes... then go around that... the base color is always the foundation color... everything u get will be based on that color...

Mysticism Deity
May 30th, 2004, 02:14 AM
How about you use all the colors.....each wall a differnt vibrant color!!! (sorry my sarcasm is creeping out I am really tired)

If I were painting my twins room I do it light blue with a light green boarder on top of the wall and bottom. *shrugs*

whatever color you choose I am sure its going to look fantastic :D

Shanti
May 30th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Well when my first born son was a little dude, I did his room in a soft green. It seemed pleasant and relaxing to the eye.

When he hit the teens..........everything in his room was changed to high gloss black!!!!

Never let a teen have total control of their room!! He has grown and moved out 4 yrs ago and that darn room is still all high gloss black!

banondraig
May 30th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Well when my first born son was a little dude, I did his room in a soft green. It seemed pleasant and relaxing to the eye.

When he hit the teens..........everything in his room was changed to high gloss black!!!!

Never let a teen have total control of their room!! He has grown and moved out 4 yrs ago and that darn room is still all high gloss black!

:hehehehe:

that sounds cool. i might have to do that once i get a house!

Yvonne Belisle
May 30th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Can I have his room????

LadyTrinity
May 30th, 2004, 11:38 AM

:lol:

scaerie faerie
May 30th, 2004, 11:39 AM
How old is he? Has he expressed a liking for particular colours at all (even if he can't talk yet, does he seem to be attracted to toys and things that are a particular colour)??

Maybe you can take some cues from him. :)

FeatherGoblinglimmer
May 30th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Have you asked him what colour he would liek?

SilverClaw
May 30th, 2004, 02:07 PM
I would think a nice shade of blue would work!

CaitrionaMorgaine
May 30th, 2004, 02:21 PM
I vote for a mint green, maybe with some yellow accents.

Blessings, ~Rhiannon

pawnman
May 30th, 2004, 03:23 PM
I painted my own in high school. It was light blue, then I rag-rolled a barker blue on top of it. Came out pretty nice.

White is boring. I'd definitely do something with it. Perhaps if dark or overly bright colors seem overpowering, you could just do them half-way up the wall, or paint the walls different colors.

Autumn
May 30th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Leave it white...then he can choose stuff like drapes to accent it, Dark colors make a room seem small and bright colors can look dated fast!

LadyTrinity
May 30th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Have you asked him what colour he would liek?

:lol: he is only 8 months old :lol:

~Broken Lily~
May 30th, 2004, 08:04 PM
How about painting the room cream. You could add colourful curtains and bedding.

frigga
May 30th, 2004, 11:22 PM
According to feng shui, boys rooms are painted in shades of blues to cool their yang. Personally, I always watched my kiddos personalities to see what they'd need. I.e. My oldest son has a bright room, lots of color, he's very mellow and it seems to stimulate him. My youngest has a light blue room, he's insanely active and needs the muted colors to calm him. Have you thought about looking into color therapy to see what colors he might need, or just what colors might soothe?

blugirrl1
May 31st, 2004, 11:31 AM
i like a nice muted green. but that is just me

LadyTrinity
May 31st, 2004, 07:42 PM
Your probably right. My son is an active child. His room is yellow.. maybe it makes it worse? Yellow is a happy colour. Thats why I like it!

Mab
May 31st, 2004, 08:24 PM
depends on the age of the boy. Personally, I'd leave the walls a warm white & go with primary colors for the furniture & accents. However, it does depend on the age of the child & the color of the existing furniture/fixtures/etc.