PDA

View Full Version : Wolfmoon's Work

WolfMoon
June 3rd, 2004, 07:01 AM
So I started really working in an anime style, just for fun. Whatcha all think?

Yeah, it's kinda 'coloring book' looking, was trying to make it look like a wood-cut.

WolfMoon
June 3rd, 2004, 08:39 AM
What can I say? I'm obsessed! Actually, this is me learning how to use watercolor pencils. So much prettier than markers!

Druchii
June 3rd, 2004, 08:41 AM
So I started really working in an anime style, just for fun. Whatcha all think?

Yeah, it's kinda 'coloring book' looking, was trying to make it look like a wood-cut.

Whaddaya mean it's not as good as mine!? :) I love when people take the time to incorporate borders and other abstracted patterns into illustration! :)

Bainidhe Dub
June 3rd, 2004, 08:46 AM
Wow, I love those hon. Just gorgeous!

WolfMoon
June 3rd, 2004, 08:47 AM
Whaddaya mean it's not as good as mine!? :) I love when people take the time to incorporate borders and other abstracted patterns into illustration! :)

Heh, I am my own worst critic! I look at my old work and cringe...

That was really tough for me, I'm usually into pencil sketches or color pieces. B&W ink is a lot harder than I thought!

Druchii
June 3rd, 2004, 08:57 AM
Heh, I am my own worst critic! I look at my old work and cringe...

That was really tough for me, I'm usually into pencil sketches or color pieces. B&W ink is a lot harder than I thought!

Working in a limited colour pallette will do that for you...
In fact, I have found that I tend to look at colour more freely now that I have worked in black and white for so long.
The good thing is that it helps you out to leave colour behind for a while,... design skills amplify, study of constrasts is a severe must; shape, repetion, and balance also become more apparent...
And it isn't so much black and white as much as it is doing thing in monochromatic ways or even just using analogous colour schemes...
Colour is am amazing accent to all art...but I often used it as a crutch... :)

WolfMoon
June 3rd, 2004, 09:04 AM
Working in a limited colour pallette will do that for you...
In fact, I have found that I tend to look at colour more freely now that I have worked in black and white for so long.
The good thing is that it helps you out to leave colour behind for a while,... design skills amplify, study of constrasts is a severe must; shape, repetion, and balance also become more apparent...
And it isn't so much black and white as much as it is doing thing in monochromatic ways or even just using analogous colour schemes...
Colour is am amazing accent to all art...but I often used it as a crutch... :)

Yeah, I like working in all varying shades of one color...that's always fun... :)

I was really trying for an illustrative look, something that could almost be imagined in a medieval text. Granted, due to the nature of it, it'd have to be fantasy.

I was never big into color. Composition was my big thing. 'Is this interesting for the eye to look at?' Granted, all my profs at college were into abstration... which is so not my thing, but it rubbed off. I wasn't into color until I got some Prismacolor markers a few years back and wow! Those things are so vibrant, it's hard not to fall in love with them. Plus they blend so beautifully...

I let my artwork slide for a long time, and just now I'm getting extremely serious about it.

Faeawyn
June 3rd, 2004, 09:28 AM
You're work is beautiful. You're very very talented :hehehehe:

Taliesyn
June 3rd, 2004, 11:15 AM
hey- those are good!
I love black and white myself- I love to take B&W photos- i think that the lack of color helps folks be more focused on compisition.

Jenne
June 3rd, 2004, 11:45 AM
Very very nicely done...and I too can appreciate the B&W...

WolfMoon
June 3rd, 2004, 03:10 PM
Wow, I love those hon. Just gorgeous!

Thanks! :)

WolfMoon
June 3rd, 2004, 03:11 PM
You're work is beautiful. You're very very talented :hehehehe:

thanks! lotta years of art shool...

WolfMoon
June 3rd, 2004, 03:13 PM
hey- those are good!

I love black and white myself- I love to take B&W photos- i think that the lack of color helps folks be more focused on compisition.

It does, but it an be problematic when you try to add color later on.

heidn
June 3rd, 2004, 04:36 PM
wow, i love your work, so detailed

WolfMoon
June 14th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Bit of a bump and some new work! Yup, finally got off my lazy behind and drew something. This is a work in progress!

I need to figure out how to make the top snakeskin...any ideas?

WolfMoon
August 2nd, 2004, 05:57 PM
YAY! I got my scanner up and running! Woo-hoo! :woot:

Here's a new piece I just finished last night.

SilverClaw
August 2nd, 2004, 06:09 PM
Those are awesome !!! Talented you are !!:D I like the first one especially!:bigblue:

WolfMoon
August 3rd, 2004, 10:23 PM
Those are awesome !!! Talented you are !!:D I like the first one especially!:bigblue:

WolfMoon
August 3rd, 2004, 10:26 PM
Yet another new work! Go me! LOL Feeling very prolific lately.

WolfMoon
August 12th, 2004, 01:23 PM
I've been fascinated with super-heros lately, so I dug out an old one of mine, Shade, and started working on her again.

These are all just random facial sketches, seeing which one I like best.

....uhm....the chibi one in the middle....? Yeah. Shade was being cheeky.

WolfMoon
August 12th, 2004, 01:24 PM
I've been fascinated with super-heros lately, so I dug out an old one of mine, Shade, and started working on her again.

These are all just random facial sketches, seeing which one I like best.

....uhm....the chibi one in the middle....? Yeah. Shade was being cheeky.

blarg....! It lost all detail! *sob* Need to fix it...

CloakofStars9
August 18th, 2004, 12:41 PM
great job, you have much talent :D

WolfMoon
August 19th, 2004, 10:40 AM
great job, you have much talent :D

Thanks!

Well, I finished it.... Tequila Sunrise. Called that due to the background looking like one of my favorite drinks! :floating: I had to add a touch of blue to it since the girly desert colors were causing caveties from all the pretty-sweetness.

This was done in a hurry, looking all cell-animation style. The actual piece is unfinished, 11"x14" on bristol. I'll finish it in watercolor pencil and it will be a lot more tribal-looking than this piece of fluff! ;)

Raevynn
August 22nd, 2004, 03:54 PM
Very very nice!! :clapping:

WolfMoon
September 8th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Whew! Finished this (http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=64624) at my mom's work to help benefit children's programs.

While the actual is done in watercolor pencils, I mucked around in PS. Blah. Still happy with it tho!

This is a small, medium quality version. I didn't want to upload anything too huge.

Nighthawk
September 8th, 2004, 02:26 PM
That is very, very nice.....

WolfMoon
September 8th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks! I'm not 100% pleased with it yet, sadly.

Druchii
September 22nd, 2004, 08:49 AM
Thanks! I'm not 100% pleased with it yet, sadly.

You hit it on the head. :D And what I mean is that no artist should ever be 100% pleased with a work. Because as the evolution of ones life and art style progresses, ideas, mindsets, and new overtures of work cascade into the mind. :) Your growth in colour usage, anatomical placement ( the face study sketches are showing me you are on the right track ), and the wonderful dynamism and the want to include design repitition, all tell me that now you are getting close to the honing of your style. And by that I mean line refinement, adding unusual perspective, or even other mediums.
Really fantastic artwork, Wolfmoon. Seriously. :)

WolfMoon
September 22nd, 2004, 01:18 PM
You hit it on the head. :D And what I mean is that no artist should ever be 100% pleased with a work. Because as the evolution of ones life and art style progresses, ideas, mindsets, and new overtures of work cascade into the mind. :) Your growth in colour usage, anatomical placement ( the face study sketches are showing me you are on the right track ), and the wonderful dynamism and the want to include design repitition, all tell me that now you are getting close to the honing of your style. And by that I mean line refinement, adding unusual perspective, or even other mediums.
Really fantastic artwork, Wolfmoon. Seriously. :)

Thank you! :) I've finally started to get serious about my work and I think the recent efforts are showing. In fact, this particular piece got Moderator's Choice on Elfwood on the 11th, so that was very cool.

The unicorn's horn is a little off tho... :hehehehe:

I need to do more face study sketches...I'm having problems with one particular angle...it's the nose and mouth that are messing me up. More practice!

...and then maybe, I can get work doing something like this for a living! :floating:

WolfMoon
September 23rd, 2004, 04:18 PM
Okay, so this is not pretty! :lol: This is a very rough sketch that I'm so excited about I'm bouncing around! My fingers are itching to get back to drawing this...

I have never been happy with the vast majority of drow cover art. Drizz't always looks old, the one pic of a draegloth reminded me of a camel... Anycase, here it is. The beginnings of my take on a draegloth...decidedly more hyena-like.

What can I say, I like hyenas. :floating:

Anycase, the only really filled in part is the face/head area and the right foot. Dewclaw on the right needs some touch up. I'm going to change his right hand, so very not happy with it, maybe give him a very nasty weapon to play with...some 'toys' hanging off the belt...yes.... Muwhahahahaaaaa! :evilway:

The left foot needs work, but...so far, it looks good. I think he needs hyena spots too... maybe even a nastily spiked shoulder guard on the left....

WolfMoon
September 23rd, 2004, 06:58 PM
Okay, now he's sketched in totally and inked. I decided to forgo to weapons...he really doesn't look like he needs any! :hehehehe:

WolfMoon
September 24th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Okay, I got carried away with finishing this guy! Actually, I realized I needed him done for our LARP event this weekend!

So it is, a draegloth...the offspring between a demon and a drow priestess.

WolfMoon
September 29th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Ugh, I wanted simple! This is so not simple! I'm still working on the border, which I hope to finish tonight. I'm not overly satisfied with her right arm and his left arm...I keep noticing flaws anytime I draw something these days. Of course, I don't notice them until after I ink them in... :doh2:

So these are two Aguardial, a race of albino elf-like creatures from my friend's game world. Hehe, I'm thinking of coloring this in lots of reds and browns, some burnt oranges...

The left side of the border is going to have falling leaves as well, once I get them sketched in.

Okay, I know there's some hand issues...those will be corrected in PS. This is just the rought outline sans border.

WolfMoon
November 2nd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Just a quick down and dirty sketch...

WolfMoon
November 2nd, 2004, 08:39 PM
Yeah, this is creepy. I wanna draw more demons. I like drawing them...they're fun.... murrrr.....I wanna draw more werewolves too...

Not happy with the hands...I think he needs more entrails hanging off.

WolfMoon
November 5th, 2004, 11:41 AM
bump-bump-bump

WolfMoon
December 5th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Birthday present for a very good friend... Yeah, I know it's slightly crooked...whoops! Made the ruler without a border...bad me.

Anycase, black ink on 11x14 bristol board, will be colored in watercolor pencil. I'm thinking I'll be doing a version of it in PS as well.

All that fur is intimidating me, I'll say that much... :ggrief:

Wolf O Volos
December 5th, 2004, 10:35 AM
I *LOVE* Your stuff.... seriously. You should get a printing press, make prints of some of your best stuff, and see if you can get them distributed. Or have you done that already?>

WolfMoon
December 5th, 2004, 10:37 AM
I *LOVE* Your stuff.... seriously. You should get a printing press, make prints of some of your best stuff, and see if you can get them distributed. Or have you done that already?>

Thanks! :) I plan on getting prints made of this one to be honest. I can let you know when they're ready?

Wolf O Volos
December 5th, 2004, 10:49 AM
"The Oath" as a print? How Cool. Or how about "the Aguardial".... Honestly. Someday, I hope I can get *my* character sketches to be as awesome and detailed as yours.

And slightly off topic, I am glad I am not the only one who is offended by the way certain artists have rendered Drizzt to look like George C Scott... LOL. I *never* pictured Drizzt as some wrinkled old guy lookin elf... I suppose great minds think alike... /wink

WolfMoon
December 7th, 2004, 10:47 PM
"The Oath" as a print? How Cool. Or how about "the Aguardial".... Honestly. Someday, I hope I can get *my* character sketches to be as awesome and detailed as yours.

Eh, the Aguardial piece was for a friend's game and I'm still not entirely happy with Nade's face. I either make her too young looking, or she looks like a deer...

And slightly off topic, I am glad I am not the only one who is offended by the way certain artists have rendered Drizzt to look like George C Scott... LOL. I *never* pictured Drizzt as some wrinkled old guy lookin elf... I suppose great minds think alike... /wink

ARGH! I *hate* how Drizz't's been portrayed! Wrinkled up fugly guy...meh! He's supposed to be quite good looking....

Maybe I need to do an alternate?

Wolf O Volos
December 8th, 2004, 07:31 PM
You dislike the Aguardial picture? The opne you have in your thread here a few posts back....??? I suppose that beauty is in the eye of the beholder on that one... I thought it was awesome. And no dammit, I am not talking about a giant floating eye with 8 eye stalks that shoot things like death rays... ROFL ( little RPG humor... sorry... what can I say, I am such a nerd )

Also wanted to mention: Hope you do not mind me promoting your website in my Siggy... I just thought it would be a cool gesture.

WolfMoon
December 8th, 2004, 11:13 PM
You dislike the Aguardial picture? The opne you have in your thread here a few posts back....??? I suppose that beauty is in the eye of the beholder on that one... I thought it was awesome. And no dammit, I am not talking about a giant floating eye with 8 eye stalks that shoot things like death rays... ROFL ( little RPG humor... sorry... what can I say, I am such a nerd )

Also wanted to mention: Hope you do not mind me promoting your website in my Siggy... I just thought it would be a cool gesture.

I don't dislike it, I'm just not overly fond of Nade's face. I'm having a hard time nailing her look down. hehe, got a mental image of Asphys ripping a beholder apart.... It's amusing, since there's no beholders on his world. I need to draw him in action sometime. A nice, gory piece....

Sure, I don't mind. Elfwood's a cool site, take a look around. There's some really awesome werewolf art on there.

Wolf O Volos
December 8th, 2004, 11:36 PM
LOL... sorry for turning your artworks page into something similar to a PM... And I have checked out a LOT of the other areas on Elfwood. Cool Site, definately. And me, I am more into elves than werewolves, if you can believe it... But what can I say... I am a MAB fan...

As for Nade's face... what about it presents the largest problem? The setting of the eyes, or is it the shape of her face that are causing the problem? From what I can see, maybe it is the narrow jawline, or maybe giving her higher cheekbones that would get the desired look? I thought she looked rather well in the picture, but thats just my oppinion.

WolfMoon
December 9th, 2004, 08:11 AM
LOL... sorry for turning your artworks page into something similar to a PM... And I have checked out a LOT of the other areas on Elfwood. Cool Site, definately. And me, I am more into elves than werewolves, if you can believe it... But what can I say... I am a MAB fan...

As for Nade's face... what about it presents the largest problem? The setting of the eyes, or is it the shape of her face that are causing the problem? From what I can see, maybe it is the narrow jawline, or maybe giving her higher cheekbones that would get the desired look? I thought she looked rather well in the picture, but thats just my oppinion.

I liked how she looked the first time I drew her, but she looked a touch too young. Now I think she kinda resembles a deer...ugh. Just not getting her right.

~blood raven~
December 9th, 2004, 03:13 PM
I really enjoyed your art here.....keep up the good work!!

Tigereyes99
December 9th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Wow! so cool so cool so cool
Damn i wish i could draw like you

Nighthawk
December 9th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Very very nice, Wolf... you are better each one.. I am impressed.

WolfMoon
December 10th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, guys! :) I'm really pushing these days to make something out of this.

Okay, WoV, it's finished! :) Finally... But first, let me say this....

I HATE MY SCANNER! It killed this piece! I had to scan it in in two pieces, yuck! So there's this line in the middle. Ignore it, please... It's actually much better looking live.... The bottom half is much truer to the actual color than the top.

I think I will be doing a CG version of this as well.

Nighthawk
December 10th, 2004, 11:35 AM
It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! yea, I see where the scanner did its thing..but it is not as bad as you might think. Great work!!!

WolfMoon
December 10th, 2004, 01:23 PM
It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! yea, I see where the scanner did its thing..but it is not as bad as you might think. Great work!!!

Thanks! :) This one I am definately making limited edition prints of. Not that I'm egoriffic, but the reason they're limited is because this is a gift for someone, so once I give it away, that's it...it's theirs.

I'm hoping they like it...

Wolf O Volos
December 10th, 2004, 05:11 PM
That is AWESOME. Even with the scanner issue... it looks great. And even the border looks good. Well Done!!!!!!!

BrigidMoon
December 10th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Those are awesome! :)

Wolf O Volos
December 10th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Thanks! :) I plan on getting prints made of this one to be honest. I can let you know when they're ready?

Question: Does that mean I am one of the lucky ones who can purchase this print? Autographed by the Artist Herself???

THAT WOULD SOOOOOO ROCK!!!!!! :woot:

WolfMoon
December 27th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Question: Does that mean I am one of the lucky ones who can purchase this print? Autographed by the Artist Herself???

THAT WOULD SOOOOOO ROCK!!!!!! :woot:

Hehe, I didn't have the money to get prints made.

However.

I am doing a version of this in PS. I'll probably be making a Cafe Press store for it, so merch will be available. I can print out copies and sell those, if you're interested. It'll be a smaller size, only 8.5"x11" but also a little less money.

Wolf O Volos
December 28th, 2004, 05:13 PM
I would consider myself fortunate to have a print in any size. LOL Just PM me with the info, as in cost, shipping arangements, etc... and I did realize that you were mainly doing this for a friend, and that the piece is personal... so sorry if I seemed a little over enthused. I just love the piece, and think it would look awesome framed among some of the other pics I have about the magickal side of my house.

Anyways, will speak to ya later, blessings and light, my friend!

Anjel
January 1st, 2005, 12:28 PM
Wow! these are excellent.

Wolf O Volos
January 20th, 2005, 12:19 AM
What gives there Wolf girl? You haven't posted here in a while.... You are still sketching away aren't ya?

WolfMoon
January 20th, 2005, 07:49 AM
What gives there Wolf girl? You haven't posted here in a while.... You are still sketching away aren't ya?

Yup, I am, but I've actually been mega-busy! YAY! I've got some classes to work on for graphic design, but also picked up a web-site commission to do all the graphics and logo.

Haven't had much time to sit back and sketch....*sigh* but it's a good kind of busy!

WolfMoon
February 9th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Well, I finally got some new sketches done! YAY! The wolves are my attempt at realism, drawn from a photograph. The pixie was just me being kawaii! :bouncysmi

I think she might need a full piece done of her tho....using the one from the upper left.

misty
February 10th, 2005, 02:14 PM
I am ashamed to say that this is my first time peeking in your art thead and I am kicking myself for not looking sooner! Your art is AMAZING! I look forward to seeing more!

WolfMoon
February 10th, 2005, 11:19 PM
I am ashamed to say that this is my first time peeking in your art thead and I am kicking myself for not looking sooner! Your art is AMAZING! I look forward to seeing more!

Thanks! :) I just passed through a bit of a dry spell, so it felt good to put up new work.

WolfMoon
March 1st, 2005, 11:57 PM
I truly do think it's time for a new scanner....but I still like this piece. :)

forestrangergrrl
March 14th, 2005, 10:30 PM
*jaw drops* woah..... you have some major talent there....

WolfMoon
March 15th, 2005, 11:36 PM
*jaw drops* woah..... you have some major talent there....

BrigidMoon
March 15th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Wow! Just brilliant artwork! Do you get comissioned and asked to create art ? Or is this just a hobby? I bet you posted this somewhere, I'm probably being redundant but thought I'd ask!

Wolf O Volos
March 18th, 2005, 09:49 PM
YAY... New Wolfmoon art to gaze upon!

Nice to see you still post every once in a while my friend!

Bethra
March 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM
I don't think I can pick out one I like more than the others I love them all :D.

I think the last two images of the wolf heads would be topping the list I'd love to see you do some more work on those two they are very nice pictures.
:hailmol:

WolfMoon
June 15th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Wow...haven't been here in a while....heh. I think I need to add something soon, eh?

Wolf O Volos
July 20th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Wow...haven't been here in a while....heh. I think I need to add something soon, eh?

Would be NICE... yeah. ;)