PDA

View Full Version : The strangest things calm down a baby

Lilith79
June 7th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Caleb saw the thong hippo (http://kozo.apparitiondesigns.com/) in VroomBroom's sig and wanted to see it. So I go on to look for it and Eve was fussing. We find it and play it, and she stops crying. Too funny! :spinner: :collapse:

Muireannach
June 7th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Wait until she talks....all you will hear is "AGAIN! AGAIN!" lol

Gracecat
June 7th, 2004, 03:51 PM
OH!!! How old is your Eve?? Mine will be two in a month.

*grin* I haven't met another mom with a baby Eve yet :)

HI!! LOL

Lilith79
June 7th, 2004, 04:19 PM
OH!!! How old is your Eve?? Mine will be two in a month.

*grin* I haven't met another mom with a baby Eve yet :)

HI!! LOL
Eve is 11 mo, will be 1 on 7/14. :) :boing:

blugirrl1
June 7th, 2004, 05:31 PM
reminds me of the commercial with the baby crying, and dad looking online for anything to get her to stop crying. nothing, then he goes to supermodels.com or something and baby stops, bam. mom comes walking in and it is the supermodel. ( don't know what they were advertising but hey it had a cute baby)

Gracecat
June 7th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Yay.. Eve is 23 months, will be 2 on 7-10 :)

Eve is really her middle name, her first is Hannah. But we call her Eve, Evie etc.

LadyTrinity
June 7th, 2004, 08:08 PM
I find when I play animated stuff like that my 9 month ols son is glued to the computer screen too! :lookwhats

Temair
June 8th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Wow! My Cait will be 8 on 7/10, and 7/14 is my folks' anniversary.

scaerie faerie
June 8th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Apparently I used to go to sleep if someone was using the hoover, or if The Jam were being played at a high volume.

Babies are weird. :)

MzNeko
June 11th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Last weekend I was helping my in-laws move. While we were cleaning out the garage, my sister (and my nephew) came by -- she was looking kind of frazzled because the baby had been fussy and inconsolable ALL DAY. Well, after a while of being around the noises of people working, dropping things, cussing, etc., he nodded right off to dreamland. Go figure.

Lunacie
June 11th, 2004, 01:37 AM
When my granddaughter was small she had colic and would cry for hours on end. My son-in-law would make this "psssh" sound over and over. It really soothed her. Now that she is between 2 and 3 it's the best way to get her attention, better than calling her name, you know how they can ignore that, eh? :T If we're shopping and I'm getting ready to leave, I just go "psssh" and she looks right around and knows I'm calling her. Who'd'a thunk this would work in so many ways for such a long time? :)

And yeah, we get some funny looks from people around us, but they can see how well it works to communicate with her.