PDA

View Full Version : Breastfeeding in public...

FaerieGothMommy
June 17th, 2004, 08:20 AM
I was reading a magazine when i came across a little article that a woman had wrote about breastfeeding in public, she said that she had breastfed all 4 of her children, but she done it in the comfort of her own home, which is fair enough. But, she said she doesn't think other mothers should breastfeed in public either because it puts passers by in an awkward situation and makes them feel uncomfortable.

I thought breastfeeding was natural? And, what if my baby was real hungry and there were no breastfeeding facilities near by? What am i suspected to do, let my child starve until i find a place out of view of others?

It's upto the mother if she wants to just breastfeed indoors in her own privacy, but i don't really think all mothers should be restricted to only being able to feed their baby out of sight of other people.

What are your views on this?

FeatherGoblinglimmer
June 17th, 2004, 08:30 AM
I agree with you hunny:)

Shanti
June 17th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Here it is illegal to not allow a mother to breastfeed in public. I personaly dont understand how anyone can find it wrong, or indecent or anything. I breastfed all my kids and in public to. If you have a problem with it, thats IS YOUR problem. It is natural. It is meant to be.

This society is so uptight that some people can even handle the feeding of an infant!!! Geesh.

scaerie faerie
June 17th, 2004, 09:07 AM
My sister was told off for feeding her baby by a nurse, in a postnatal department hospital waiting room! Agh!!

FaerieGothMommy
June 17th, 2004, 09:21 AM
My sister was told off for feeding her baby by a nurse, in a postnatal department hospital waiting room! Agh!!

You're kidding me right? Thats just plain wrong for the nurse to have said that!

Faery-Wings
June 17th, 2004, 10:16 AM
ITA with your too FGM. I have done so- and I tried to be as discreet as possible. And I would rather see a mom bf-ing than hearing a hungry baby scream.

Nighthawk
June 17th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Yup... I have no problem with it..It is natural. Why are people so uptight these days???

bluglass
June 17th, 2004, 10:59 AM
I'm what some people call a militant breastfeeder. I nursed my 1st for 2yrs and my 2nd for 3 years and that was an accidental weaning. I breastfed where ever and whenever I wanted. It is my observation and belief that those people who are unconfortable are so because they were not raised with the POV that is is natural and no big deal, something to notice and move on about. I don't understand why so many celebs can wear practically nothing and not be criticised but a mom who is feeding her child is a criminal? The female body has become so oversexualized and associated with intimacy of an adult sexual nature that we have not learned that a body is also a non-sexual thing and that the mere site of it doesn't send us all into an instant orgasm.

Sure nursing moms should be considerate but there should not be a need to be extreme. I wore oversized button down shirts with crop tops or sports type bras under. You can unbutton the bottom two or three buttons and no one notices. You can discretely stick one hand under a shirt and uncover a breast in a flash and no one will notice. You then put baby to breast and shirt covers, well, everything that baby doesn't and the critical stuff is stuffed in baby's mouth. When baby comes off the breast you instantly adjust shirt and, well, no one notices.

Alternatively, in a local eatery where most moms nurse, one day I just didn't feel like dealing with all of the above and brought a bottle of expressed breast milk with. Two other women actually criticised me, with voices that could carry for feeding my child formula. I very loudly in a voice that could carry just had to say to my children, well I guess we have to go home so mommy can pump her breasts, they are getting full and we will need a travel bottle for tomorrow. They blushed.

Every woman should nurse in a way that makes her comfortable. Everyone else should have the good manners not to notice. Besides, I also subscribe to the congnitive therapy approach which says the nursing mom didn't bother them, they made their own choice to be bothered by it.

Tzhebee
June 17th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Most of the department stores in my town have a "dressing room" set up for the sole purpose of allowing mom's to breast feed in a private manor. I breastfed both of my kids, in public, in private, where ever they were hungry. I was always polite about it (blanket over the child and myself) so as not to make others very uncomfortable. But if my baby is hungry, he's going to get fed, regardless of where I am....other's discomfort is not my main priority!

Shanti
June 17th, 2004, 11:18 AM
I personally hate 'private' places put aside for breast feeding mothers. Its demeaning to me. Its saying that there is something wrong with it and re-inforcing people to look at it that way...my 2 cents.

Its a natural nurturing act that is a need. Thats what breast are for!!!

Should we hide cows with calves or any other milk feeding creature?

Shanti
June 17th, 2004, 11:21 AM
We are mammals. We have mammory glands, also known as breast.

bluglass
June 17th, 2004, 11:26 AM
my favorite situation: One day in summer I was shopping in Old Orchard, the largest, oldest outdoor mall in the US. My dd was 6 months old. There are benches and beautiful gardens throughout the outdoor walkways. I headed over to one of the benches to see if there was room to sit down and to my consternation there was not room, but the reason was because all the women sitting on the bench were nursing their babies.

Shanti
June 17th, 2004, 11:29 AM
my favorite situation: One day in summer I was shopping in Old Orchard, the largest, oldest outdoor mall in the US. My dd was 6 months old. There are benches and beautiful gardens throughout the outdoor walkways. I headed over to one of the benches to see if there was room to sit down and to my consternation there was not room, but the reason was because all the women sitting on the bench were nursing their babies.
That had to have been a beautiful site!!!! :)
If woman didnt hide I bet you would see more of that!

~*Ginger*~
June 17th, 2004, 11:52 AM
personally, I think that anyone, that has a problem with a child being fed, has a personal problem.
Be it, selfishness, jealousy, or pervertedness.

If people would learn to mind, and take care of their own busisness, they'd not have time to look down their nose at anyone else for any reason...

For goodness sakes, let the children be fed!!!

Also, I think, you have to put yourself in the mind set of 'mind your own business'.
It's worked for me.
Like a shield...

Amethyst Rose
June 17th, 2004, 11:53 AM
I personally hate 'private' places put aside for breast feeding mothers. Its demeaning to me. Its saying that there is something wrong with it and re-inforcing people to look at it that way...my 2 cents.

I personally would appreciate a room set aside for breastfeeding, because I am very uncomfortable NIP (nursing in public). I've only done it a couple of times, when baby was a week old) and that was in the car with a blanket covering us. Now I just bring a bottle with us, but that's also because it's too much hassle to put on the SNS.

Edited to say that the reason I'm uncomfortable NIP has nothing to do with the idea that there's something wrong with it -- I was riddiculed for 7 school years about my (large) breasts and it left emotional scars.

Shanti
June 17th, 2004, 11:57 AM
I personally would appreciate a room set aside for breastfeeding, because I am very uncomfortable NIP (nursing in public). I've only done it a couple of times, when baby was a week old) and that was in the car with a blanket covering us. Now I just bring a bottle with us, but that's also because it's too much hassle to put on the SNS.

Edited to say that the reason I'm uncomfortable NIP has nothing to do with the idea that there's something wrong with it -- I was riddiculed for 7 school years about my (large) breasts and it left emotional scars.
Actually you are very correct. Many breast feeding mom's themselves are uncomfortable.

I acknowlege my error. Thank You.

Llewyth
June 17th, 2004, 12:15 PM

Hear hear!

People don't mind boobs as long as their selling cars or "Cheezy Poofs". So why is it a big deal when a breast is doing something it is meant to do?

I breastfed my kid wherever he was hungry. I'm doing so with my second, too. In the park, I've had 10 year olds politely ask me if I planned to breasfeed longer because "it's really good for the baby, you know." :) I don't think we'll have much of this problem with furtheur generations. :)

Kelley
June 17th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I breasfed my daughter where ever and when ever she got hungry, took her less than five minutes to finish off both sides and fall fast to sleep. I wish I could have breast fed all my kids, but my first two took bottles. I really wasn't an issue for me since I always carried my daughter in a front carrier whenever we went for the first two/three years or so of her life. My biggest issue was getting back into my shirt :kooky: . If she got hungry she would just reach in a take hold.

I never really had a problem where I live, we are all broke and often hungry and the need to eat is understood by everyone. I didn't strip out of my clothing but the people around me knew my daughter was feeding and got instantly protective of both me and my daughter while she was eating.

FaerieGothMommy
June 17th, 2004, 03:37 PM
We are mammals. We have mammory glands, also known as breast.

I 100% agree!!! Breastfeeding is one of the most natural things in the world, it would be looked at as stupid and ridicolous to hide a cow feeding their young, so why should we do it? And besides, breasts exist for feeding, they weren't made to be seen as sexual objects.

Mindflayer
June 17th, 2004, 03:43 PM
I 100% agree!!! Breastfeeding is one of the most natural things in the world, it would be looked at as stupid and ridicolous to hide a cow feeding their young, so why should we do it? And besides, breasts exist for feeding, they weren't made to be seen as sexual objects.
but they sure are nice to look at :p

*Primal male moment passes...*

That aside, hehe, I agree completely :)

Autumn
June 17th, 2004, 03:49 PM
:weirdsmil

FaerieGothMommy
June 17th, 2004, 03:50 PM
but they sure are nice to look at :p

*Primal male moment passes...*

That aside, hehe, I agree completely :)

tut tut, men will always be the same, huh? :lol:

Tzhebee
June 17th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Yeah...and we women keep going back to them! :whatmewor

Mindflayer
June 17th, 2004, 03:59 PM
You can't say you didn't expect a response like that :p

morrigen
June 17th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I agree with everyone else. I did have a couple of men do the "obvious oggle" thing, but I would just stare them straight in the eye until they got embarrassed and went about their business.

No way was my little guy going to scream because of hunger just to avoid offending some ignorant fool's sensibility. :D

Temair
June 17th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I breastfed all my kids for over a year (well, Rowan is on her way, she's only 4 months old now). I have never tried to hide it. Granted, I don't strip naked above the waist, but gosh, it's not like I'm picking my nose or anything like that. The only difficulty I've ever had was from my best friend's boyfriend 8 years ago. We were sitting in the living room all chatting and having a good time when the baby started to cry. I picked her up, and started to nurse her, and as soon as he realized what I was doing, he turned his chair around and started conversing with us by bouncing his voice off of the wall. Being raised a good Christian boy, he was embarrassed to be exposed to any part of my anatomy between my neckline and my pants hem. I have gotten more kudos though, which more than makes up for it. I was grocery shopping alone and had the baby in a sling when she got hungry. I took a moment to adjust her and my shirt and then continued shopping while she nursed from the sling. One older (than me, maybe 50s) woman saw me and congratulated me on nursing my baby in public. That made my day. Breastfeeding is protected in my state under the anti-discrimination laws, which is helpful. I also live in a very New Age section of my state, with holisitc attitudes and New Age shops everywhere. My midwife even taught a class on using herbal remedies for children. It's great!
My mom breastfed all of us, so I thought it was quite natural to do so. My dad used to tell us stories of his fictitious first family, when he was married to a woman named Mammaria Pendulosa. I was in my early teens before I caught on to that. Before I just thought it was a funny name to go along with my sister Bratanella and brother Yonder.

bluglass
June 17th, 2004, 05:25 PM
well and it isn't a bad idea for those of us who are comfortable simply from the standpoint of germs and having room to set all your stuff down and some comfy seating (even uncomfy) is better than plopping down on the floor next to your cart in the baby bottle section of Walmart.

There are several upscale department stores that have just wonderful mothers or family rooms. And there are even some not so upscale stores that have simply figured it out so-to-speak and make a room, plain thought it may be but there is nothing wrong with plain.

bluglass
June 17th, 2004, 05:31 PM
I am proud to say that my when my son does play house with other kids, mostly his little sister he will say things like the baby is hungry you need to nurse her and he gives the doll to his sister. If I'm there I coach him to then get her a pillow, ask if she is comfy and get her a glass of water. And he remembers this stuff and parrots it back to us.

My daughter is much more influenced by character based toys and t.v. and tries to bottle feed her dollies and I must say I correct her -- yes I correct her -- and say mommies who can breastfeed their babies bottles are for caregivers and emergencies and coach her back to nurse her baby.

~*Ginger*~
June 17th, 2004, 06:44 PM
yes, i do think that is one of the sweetest things the girls do, play breastfeeding their baby dolls.
So sweet.
:)

Mysticism Deity
June 17th, 2004, 07:40 PM
i've got twins so breastfeeing in public would have been hard to do in public. since my husband was in Iraq I just stayed home most the time but when I was out I would just pump the milk out. excpet one time Hayden didnt want his milk cold so I ended up breastfeeding in public. I got some stares from that but I dont care. I just used a blanket to cover myself up and yet I still got some nasty stares from that. No one can tell me not to do it and if they try to tell me I cant they will feel the wrath of this mother. I will NOT starve my child cus some moron doesnt want to see me breastfeed him. we do not force someone to stare and if they dont like it they can turn away. its a natural thing for us woman. Breasts are a feeding sorce for our babies (IMO). If woman want to do it in public go right ahead.

what I dont understand is why some people have a problem with it, they make it like they have never seen a boob before haha. I think it's a beautiful thing.

greenview
June 17th, 2004, 08:16 PM
I breastfed both of my children. My daughter was a bitter so i only breastfed her for 8 months, But her brother came into this world a month early and i breast fed him for a year. It wasnt a second thought for me. I knew i wanted to do it. They make it a big issue at the hospitals around here to tell you to make sure if you want to breast feed make sure you tell all the nurses and make sure you are the one around for the first feeding, not the bottle. I found most guys that i knew that were the biggest boob men, were like the shiest things when it came to me breastfeeding. I would visit people and they wouldnt even realize that i had started feeding. I never hid the fact i would feed my kids that way. The only people that i found personally had a problem with the breastfeeding was my ex husbands and my so called family. I was adopted so i know i wasnt breastfed. But gee wizz i would have thought i would have to worry about family. It was so irritating. But i wouldnt have done it any other way. There are so many benefits to doing it that people dont even realize.

SummerGemMoon
June 17th, 2004, 08:25 PM
I absolutely agree that breastfeeding is a mother's priviledge and she should not be shut away, nor should she be goggled at or ridiculed for doing something completely natural.

Unfortunately, I have always had self-image issues and had serious difficulty breastfeeding my son in public which meant we spent a great deal of time at home.

I applaud all of you who have enough courage to do what comes naturally.

Tanya
June 17th, 2004, 10:31 PM
I was reading a magazine when i came across a little article that a woman had wrote about breastfeeding in public, she said that she had breastfed all 4 of her children, but she done it in the comfort of her own home, which is fair enough. But, she said she doesn't think other mothers should breastfeed in public either because it puts passers by in an awkward situation and makes them feel uncomfortable.

I thought breastfeeding was natural? And, what if my baby was real hungry and there were no breastfeeding facilities near by? What am i suspected to do, let my child starve until i find a place out of view of others?

It's upto the mother if she wants to just breastfeed indoors in her own privacy, but i don't really think all mothers should be restricted to only being able to feed their baby out of sight of other people.

Living in Asia, where my ample endowments are considered...freakish.. to say the least.. I descided I wasn't going to be made to feel weird or uncomfortable breastfeeding. Where even and when ever was my motto... but that said, my mommy always said the definition of rude was 'making others feel uncomfortable' so I tried to walk a middle path... 'where ever and when ever.. .. but descretely as possible.." a few times it was my partner who seemed a bit tense about it... I had to remind him "sweetie.. these aren't just your toys anymore, they are the baby's lunch... get over it.. and move on" We had in my natal group a woman known as "The Titster".. when the baby was hungry boobs were flying everywhere.. sometimes slapping her neighbor's with (whoa... duck!!)... I know.. I was slapped once with one.. this DID make me a bit uncomfortable.... I don't really like my personal space invaded.... and in Asia.. where life is a constant invasion of your personal space... I'll pass on other people's boob's on my lap!

But I'll be damned if I'm going to crouch in a bathroom like a heroin addict and feed my daughter either! Usually if I was out and needed to feed her, I pulled up to a food court, got a drink and snuggled her on my lap... nose under shirt...

FaerieGothMommy
June 18th, 2004, 04:35 AM
You can't say you didn't expect a response like that :p

This is men we are talking about, of course i expected a response like that! DUH :lol:

Muireannach
June 18th, 2004, 04:41 AM
I personally think breastfeeding in public is fine, but take a little towel and cover the breast area during feeding, that way both sides are happy. My sister used to do that and no one could say she was exposing herself and her child could get his feeding.

FaerieGothMommy
June 18th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Living in Asia, where my ample endowments are considered...freakish.. to say the least.. I descided I wasn't going to be made to feel weird or uncomfortable breastfeeding. Where even and when ever was my motto... but that said, my mommy always said the definition of rude was 'making others feel uncomfortable' so I tried to walk a middle path... 'where ever and when ever.. .. but descretely as possible.." a few times it was my partner who seemed a bit tense about it... I had to remind him "sweetie.. these aren't just your toys anymore, they are the baby's lunch... get over it.. and move on" We had in my natal group a woman known as "The Titster".. when the baby was hungry boobs were flying everywhere.. sometimes slapping her neighbor's with (whoa... duck!!)... I know.. I was slapped once with one.. this DID make me a bit uncomfortable.... I don't really like my personal space invaded.... and in Asia.. where life is a constant invasion of your personal space... I'll pass on other people's boob's on my lap!

But I'll be damned if I'm going to crouch in a bathroom like a heroin addict and feed my daughter either! Usually if I was out and needed to feed her, I pulled up to a food court, got a drink and snuggled her on my lap... nose under shirt...

Well, that is just common sence not to do that. I agree, that is kind of rude to just throw your boobs about :lol: There really is no need for that, even though breastfeeding is a totally natural thing, you don't need to whip them about.

I think aslong as you are respecting other people too, and cover up a bit (which i know nearly all women do) ... but i know it wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable seeing a woman breastfeed wether she covered up or not, i do think though that having some womans breasts whipped out in front of me would make me feel a tad uneasy :lol:

scaerie faerie
June 18th, 2004, 08:14 AM
You're kidding me right? Thats just plain wrong for the nurse to have said that!

Surreal, isn't it? What makes it evern weirder is that the waiting room was filled with posters encouraging breastfeeding! :ggrief:

...breasts exist for feeding, they weren't made to be seen as sexual objects.

Well, to be 100% technically correct, the milk ducts and nipples exist for feeding. If all the breast existed to produce milk and feed successfully, then flat-chested women would be unable to feed, and the more generously-endowed of us would be in lactation overdrive, but breast size doesn't affect successful lactation. Our nearest relatives, the great apes, are flat-chested and don't have any feeding problems.

One current theory is that the swell of the breast has evolved as a sexual signal whose location on the chest is well visible since we began walking upright and having sex (in the majority of cases) in the missionary position. It's an interesting argument. :)

Shanti
June 18th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Surreal, isn't it? What makes it evern weirder is that the waiting room was filled with posters encouraging breastfeeding! :ggrief:

Well, to be 100% technically correct, the milk ducts and nipples exist for feeding. If all the breast existed to produce milk and feed successfully, then flat-chested women would be unable to feed, and the more generously-endowed of us would be in lactation overdrive, but breast size doesn't affect successful lactation. Our nearest relatives, the great apes, are flat-chested and don't have any feeding problems.

One current theory is that the swell of the breast has evolved as a sexual signal whose location on the chest is well visible since we began walking upright and having sex (in the majority of cases) in the missionary position. It's an interesting argument. :)
Very interesting, makes me wonder when I see a cows utter!! LOL

FaerieGothMommy
June 18th, 2004, 08:56 AM

Ooohh, no, i didn't mean for it to sound like breast size mattered. I know that flat chested women can successfully breastfeed, i didn't mean it in that way :) I was just saying, breasts are for feeding young no matter the size.

But i think you are right, that it's actually the swelling of the breast that has made them sex symbols.

FaerieGothMommy
June 18th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Very interesting, makes me wonder when I see a cows utter!! LOL

:lol:

Blueowl
June 18th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I still breast feed my daughter( will be 6 months on Saturday)...if I don't have a blanket or a towel, (because sometimes she just doesn't like to be covered up while she is eating) I will go into the bathroom, or out to the car to do it. Luckily, for others no one has made any comments about it. If they did, they would get an earful!!!! There are ignorant people all over the world, what can you do but try to educate them... :twitch:

scaerie faerie
June 18th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Ooohh, no, i didn't mean for it to sound like breast size mattered. I know that flat chested women can successfully breastfeed, i didn't mean it in that way :) I was just saying, breasts are for feeding young no matter the size.

But i think you are right, that it's actually the swelling of the breast that has made them sex symbols.

Don't worry - I didn't think you were implying that breast size mattered either...you just put me in mind of the stuff I read on how and why our species evolved swollen breasts! :)

BethieRose
June 18th, 2004, 12:18 PM
I bf in public. Anytime, anywhere, if my son needs it he gets it. I refuse to let him cry just because someone might get offended by my feeding him.

I do my best to be discreet, but I never throw a blanket over us as I find it uncomfortable and awkward. I will leave the room long enough to get him latched on and us covered discreetly, if I"m wearing something that makes it difficult (which I try not to do) or if he's in a sling (which makes things challenging for the initial latch on). But once he's on and nursing, I rejoin the world and finish nursing him in public.

Honestly, most people just assume he's napping...the advantage of having low hanging breasts I guess! *lol*

malltynos
June 18th, 2004, 04:10 PM
I breast fed my daughter for 10 months - it was more economically viable but I was also very comfortable with it. I used to take a shawl with me to drape if I was in unfamiliar surroundings though. We are talking 25+ years ago and feminism hadn't really made much of an impact in wales then! Oddly enough,though my daughter also breastfed her baby she was very uncomfortable with it and tended to bow to public preessure more than I did. I still make a point of congratulating breastfeeding mothers in public, as I think it's important for us older women to show approval instead of tut-tutting!

Crystal_Raye
June 18th, 2004, 04:59 PM
I am not a mother yet but if put in the situtation I would first find a private place like a womens restroom of a breastfeeding facility. If none of these were available I would then find the most secluded area possible to feed my child.

Shanti
June 18th, 2004, 05:03 PM
I am not a mother yet but if put in the situtation I would first find a private place like a womens restroom of a breastfeeding facility. If none of these were available I would then find the most secluded area possible to feed my child.
I'm courious as to why anyone would want to feed an infant in a restroom?

Or do you mean not a bathroom -restroom?

Rockprincess
June 18th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Why? :whatgives

banondraig
June 18th, 2004, 06:11 PM
i don't have kids either but i would much rather endure stares myself or see someone else breastfeeding than listen to a hungry baby scream!

Temair
June 18th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Breastfeeding in a stall in a public bathroom is d@#$ uncomfortable. I have had to do it before (due to noise) and I will never do it again. It's bad enough when I have to change her in there in places that don't have changing tables. I always opt for the big handicapped stalls in those cases. Of course, I often have multiple children with me at the time.

SilentDreams
June 18th, 2004, 08:46 PM
i thinks its normal and fine

HorseCrow
June 19th, 2004, 05:09 AM
It's ok to have naked breasts in commercials, tv and movies- but it's not ok for a mother to breastfeed in public?! It's the most natural thing in the world and whoever thinks it's tabu, does so because they have been so imprinted by society, that they are unable to see breasts as non-sexual.
Breasts were made for breastfeeding, not for billboards.
I will breastfeed any time, anywhere and who ever has a problem with it can just quit looking.

Jaroson
June 19th, 2004, 06:07 AM
As a bloke, here's my two-penneth.

Giving birth is natural, and all animals do it. Feeding our children is also natural and it is only the inhibitions from remnants of a victorian and wrong ideal system that breastfeeding should be done in private that has caused the stares of today.

There is nothing more natural than breastfeeding and it is not something which people should have to hide from anyone. They are merely feeding the young. If someone feels uncomfortable with feeding in public, then okay, that person should feed in private, but society in general is wrong to 'stare' and tut if someone does it in public and they are only showing their own ignorance of what nature is really about.

blugirrl1
June 19th, 2004, 02:14 PM
What the????
i think breastfeeding is natural see no problem with it occuring in public and don't understand those that do.

TWILIGHTSKY
June 19th, 2004, 02:36 PM
I breastfed my daughter until a month after her 2nd birthday, and the only reason I quit right then was because I was 3 months along with my son, and my breasts were very sore whenever she latched on. It did feel too soon for her to stop, but I knew she'd had a wonderful start and it was painful to continue then.
My son will be 1 on the 23rd and he is still going strong- in fact he's nursing right now! I absolutely love having the ability to breastfeed, it's the most loving, natural, + healthy thing for babies- and how cool to see your child thrive on sustenance that your own body provides!
My Mom breatfed all of us, and it seemed the obvious choice for me. My honey, Jeff, at first was a little hesitent about it with our daughter- NONE of his female relatives ever breatfed their babies, and it did seem a little uncomfortable for him until he saw how well Adrienne did! She was never colicky, and only once or twice got stomach cramps (or whatever it was). I've seen so many formula fed babies that are very fussy, and quite a few that are "overweight". Perhaps bottle-feeding mothers fear their child isn't going to get enough to eat if they don't finish the bottle and with good intentions push the baby to finish it when they're really full.
I hate doing dishes, and not having 50 bottles to wash daily was fine with me! Plus with your antibodies in breastmilk it can help prevent the baby from getting sick, or at least help it to get well sooner. This was definitely true with my two!
I'm glad that my neices on Jeff's side have been exposed to my nursing of their cousins; they may not choose to b.f. but at least it won't be a completely foreign thought to them!
My daughter, too, has "breastfed" her dolls! It is just the cutest thing!
I have nursed them probably just about anywhere it's possible to, and I've always been discreet about it, the bra flip,lift the shirt enough for them to latch on move. I'm proud to breastfeed, I'm just not comfortable with flopping in the wind!:tongueout Many times I've had people walk up thinking that they were asleep in my arms and I've gotten the AAAAWWWWW-URGKE! reaction once they realize the babe's eating! I've always found this amusing, but when people are rude about it my hackles go up. Once a young couple walked by in the store and noticed Conner eating. The woman (as she was walking away) muttered how gross it was. Her husband said clearly, "Oh, knock it off, the baby's just eating." HAH HAH on her!
Sometimes some men seem to get a sexual nut out of it and that's gross! And he was only 1 month old at the time! Imagine if she saw us now! ha ha!
It really is sad when women don't even want to try breastfeeding. Not everyone turns out to be comfortable with it, but they won't ever know the joy and bond that evolves with it. And I'm not saying bottle mamas don't bond with their kids, it's just a wonderful experience they'll never know...
HAPPY NURSING DAYS TO ALL!:dinnertim

scaerie faerie
June 20th, 2004, 07:48 AM
What the????
i think breastfeeding is natural see no problem with it occuring in public and don't understand those that do.

Scary, isn't it? :geez:

FaerieGothMommy
June 20th, 2004, 08:16 AM
I breastfed my daughter until a month after her 2nd birthday, and the only reason I quit right then was because I was 3 months along with my son, and my breasts were very sore whenever she latched on. It did feel too soon for her to stop, but I knew she'd had a wonderful start and it was painful to continue then.
My son will be 1 on the 23rd and he is still going strong- in fact he's nursing right now! I absolutely love having the ability to breastfeed, it's the most loving, natural, + healthy thing for babies- and how cool to see your child thrive on sustenance that your own body provides!
My Mom breatfed all of us, and it seemed the obvious choice for me. My honey, Jeff, at first was a little hesitent about it with our daughter- NONE of his female relatives ever breatfed their babies, and it did seem a little uncomfortable for him until he saw how well Adrienne did! She was never colicky, and only once or twice got stomach cramps (or whatever it was). I've seen so many formula fed babies that are very fussy, and quite a few that are "overweight". Perhaps bottle-feeding mothers fear their child isn't going to get enough to eat if they don't finish the bottle and with good intentions push the baby to finish it when they're really full.
I hate doing dishes, and not having 50 bottles to wash daily was fine with me! Plus with your antibodies in breastmilk it can help prevent the baby from getting sick, or at least help it to get well sooner. This was definitely true with my two!
I'm glad that my neices on Jeff's side have been exposed to my nursing of their cousins; they may not choose to b.f. but at least it won't be a completely foreign thought to them!
My daughter, too, has "breastfed" her dolls! It is just the cutest thing!
I have nursed them probably just about anywhere it's possible to, and I've always been discreet about it, the bra flip,lift the shirt enough for them to latch on move. I'm proud to breastfeed, I'm just not comfortable with flopping in the wind!:tongueout Many times I've had people walk up thinking that they were asleep in my arms and I've gotten the AAAAWWWWW-URGKE! reaction once they realize the babe's eating! I've always found this amusing, but when people are rude about it my hackles go up. Once a young couple walked by in the store and noticed Conner eating. The woman (as she was walking away) muttered how gross it was. Her husband said clearly, "Oh, knock it off, the baby's just eating." HAH HAH on her!
Sometimes some men seem to get a sexual nut out of it and that's gross! And he was only 1 month old at the time! Imagine if she saw us now! ha ha!
It really is sad when women don't even want to try breastfeeding. Not everyone turns out to be comfortable with it, but they won't ever know the joy and bond that evolves with it. And I'm not saying bottle mamas don't bond with their kids, it's just a wonderful experience they'll never know...
HAPPY NURSING DAYS TO ALL!:dinnertim

I sooooooooooooo totally agree with everything you have said!!!
Breastfeeding to me, is the best thing in the world! My family pulled faces when i said i wanted to breastfeed, and i got comments like "why do you want to do that for" and "bottlefeeding will be much easier" HAHA, was it heck! I watched my family bottlefeed their babies, they always had stomach cramps, they'd sit there for ages rubbing their babies back after a feed and still have a crying baby with colic, i never tapped my daughters back after she had a feed, only because i didn't know you had to, and guess what she never had bellyache. they'd have to make bottles ALL the time, and sometimes they couldn't be bothered so they'd be up at 3am making bottles for night feeds... And they try to tell me that bottlefeeding is easier than breastfeeding?

I don't want to offend mothers who chose to bottlefeed, i'm just saying this because of the reactions i got when i said i wanted to breastfeed. Now i'm pregnant with my second and everyone knew i'd breastfeed again, and luckily this time they haven't given me grief about it.

The only thing that upsets me is when mothers don't even try to breastfeed, like twilightsky said, my sister had a baby 3 months after i had my daughter, and as she'd seen me breastfeed i asked her if she'd consider breastfeeding her son, she said no, i asked her why and she said "because it'll hurt" i explained it doesn't hurt, it may be sore while you're nipples get used to it, but once you have the hang of it, it becomes second nature. But nope, she was adament to bottle feed, and she did, and guess who had more problems, she did.

I know this has gone totally off topic, but i'm making my point about breastfeeding being the most natural thing in the world. And if more mothers breastfed, i don't think there would be so many people looking down on others who need to feed their baby in public, if all women chose to breastfeed (if they could, i know some can't because of medical probs etc) but if the ones who could, did, it would seem a lot more natural to others, and wouldn't bother anyone to see a woman simply feeding her child.

FaerieGothMommy
June 20th, 2004, 08:19 AM
It's ok to have naked breasts in commercials, tv and movies- but it's not ok for a mother to breastfeed in public?! It's the most natural thing in the world and whoever thinks it's tabu, does so because they have been so imprinted by society, that they are unable to see breasts as non-sexual.
Breasts were made for breastfeeding, not for billboards.
I will breastfeed any time, anywhere and who ever has a problem with it can just quit looking.

Yup, but see, thats because of how our sickening society has changed. It's ok now a days to see breasts in a sexual form on t.v and in papers, but to see breasts as a natural form for feeding young, is looked down on. How ridicolous and disgusting!

aluokaloo
June 20th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Gods! Its not like the people in postnatal and hospitals haven't seen it all in every horrible, not-so-horrible, pretty unbelievable way!

aluokaloo
June 20th, 2004, 03:47 PM
I agree with you, breastfeeding is natural, almost everywhere you go its illegal to harass breatfeeding women in public, and one of my other mottos in life is "If you don't like it, don't look!" Plus there are tons of ways to do it discreetly they have stores that sell tops just for the occasion, I was a flop breastfeding myself, but still for all those bf in public naysayers! Ifyou don't like it don't look what are ya looking for anyways ya perv! If you feel uncomfortable about doing it in public fine don't but no reason to nitpick at others and if you think it shouldn't bf should be done in public just cause you bf at home be done in public then stay your uptight a** at home! You don't have to see nothing then. :thumbsdow

charmedkisses1
June 20th, 2004, 03:48 PM
I'm what some people call a militant breastfeeder. I nursed my 1st for 2yrs and my 2nd for 3 years and that was an accidental weaning. I breastfed where ever and whenever I wanted. It is my observation and belief that those people who are unconfortable are so because they were not raised with the POV that is is natural and no big deal, something to notice and move on about. I don't understand why so many celebs can wear practically nothing and not be criticised but a mom who is feeding her child is a criminal? The female body has become so oversexualized and associated with intimacy of an adult sexual nature that we have not learned that a body is also a non-sexual thing and that the mere site of it doesn't send us all into an instant orgasm.

I agree. Wait you breastfed for 3 years??? I thought you were only supposed to do it for one?

morrigen
June 20th, 2004, 05:15 PM
I agree. Wait you breastfed for 3 years??? I thought you were only supposed to do it for one?

You're "supposed" to do it for as long as mother and child want to do it.

The World Health Organization recommend a minimum of 1 year.

In alot of other cultures, it is perfectly normal for children to be b/f'd well into early childhod.

There is no "rule" where one must stop breastfeeding at 1 year of age.

FaerieGothMommy
June 21st, 2004, 06:06 AM

Yup! It's recommended that you breastfeed for a minimum of 1 year, but any age really is fine.

skatha_mare
June 21st, 2004, 11:40 PM

My only problem is with the women who strip to do it. From being around many women over the past 15 years that have breastfed, I know it can be done discreetly (even within direct sight of others). But when I was waiting tables- the number of women who would practically remove (in one case the woman did remove) their shirts to feed. Why?!?! It's not necessary, and I do not want to see naked people when I am eating. I don't care if they are male or female.

skatha_mare
June 21st, 2004, 11:44 PM
I agree with you, breastfeeding is natural, almost everywhere you go its illegal to harass breatfeeding women in public, and one of my other mottos in life is "If you don't like it, don't look!" Plus there are tons of ways to do it discreetly they have stores that sell tops just for the occasion, I was a flop breastfeding myself, but still for all those bf in public naysayers! Ifyou don't like it don't look what are ya looking for anyways ya perv! If you feel uncomfortable about doing it in public fine don't but no reason to nitpick at others and if you think it shouldn't bf should be done in public just cause you bf at home be done in public then stay your uptight a** at home! You don't have to see nothing then. :thumbsdow
Sometimes it's kind of difficult to not see- like directly in front of you where there is no where else to look. It's only the women who feel that the whole world needs to have the same view that the child has that I have a problem with.

TWILIGHTSKY
June 21st, 2004, 11:56 PM
I'll admit when I'm home with the family, I'll let it all hang out, but I can see how doing that in public could make people uncomfortable- if someone really did strip off her shirt, I have a sneaking suspician that she wasn't totally thinking about feeding her baby. But then again, she could have just been frazzled and going on a 1/2 hour of sleep in two days and she just didn't care! 8O

TWILIGHTSKY
June 22nd, 2004, 12:34 AM
I sooooooooooooo totally agree with everything you have said!!!
Breastfeeding to me, is the best thing in the world! My family pulled faces when i said i wanted to breastfeed, and i got comments like "why do you want to do that for" and "bottlefeeding will be much easier" HAHA, was it heck! I watched my family bottlefeed their babies, they always had stomach cramps, they'd sit there for ages rubbing their babies back after a feed and still have a crying baby with colic, i never tapped my daughters back after she had a feed, only because i didn't know you had to, and guess what she never had bellyache. they'd have to make bottles ALL the time, and sometimes they couldn't be bothered so they'd be up at 3am making bottles for night feeds... And they try to tell me that bottlefeeding is easier than breastfeeding?

I don't want to offend mothers who chose to breastfeed, i'm just saying this because of the reactions i got when i said i wanted to breastfeed. Now i'm pregnant with my second and everyone knew i'd breastfeed again, and luckily this time they haven't given me grief about it.

The only thing that upsets me is when mothers don't even try to breastfeed, like twilightsky said, my sister had a baby 3 months after i had my daughter, and as she'd seen me breastfeed i asked her if she'd consider breastfeeding her son, she said no, i asked her why and she said "because it'll hurt" i explained it doesn't hurt, it may be sore while you're nipples get used to it, but once you have the hang of it, it becomes second nature. But nope, she was adament to bottle feed, and she did, and guess who had more problems, she did.

I know this has gone totally off topic, but i'm making my point about breastfeeding being the most natural thing in the world. And if more mothers breastfed, i don't think there would be so many people looking down on others who need to feed their baby in public, if all women chose to breastfeed (if they could, i know some can't because of medical probs etc) but if the ones who could, did, it would seem a lot more natural to others, and wouldn't bother anyone to see a woman simply feeding her child.
I'm so happy that you persisted in following what you believe is the best for your kids! Isn't it the greatest thing in the world when they pull off all happy and full and give you that big smile!? I had to go back to work part-time when my son was only 4 1/2 months:awwman: and I tried to pump, but I wasn't able to keep it up. My sister-in-law watched the kids while we were working, and I ended up having to get formula for Conner the 3 days a week I was gone. Oh, I bawled like a baby about it- I really felt like I was harming him by him having to ingest that foreign substance those few hours a week! I was also afraid he he would come to prefer the bottle because it's so much easier for them to draw from that nipple, but MAMA won!!!!!!!!
That's something else about nursing- the baby has to work harder to express milk (at least until let-down) and it helps their pallette and facial muscles form better and quicker!
Growing up in the country, I always wondered why the farmers never had to round up the cows at milking time- NOW I KNOW WHY!
Your sis saying it would hurt reminded me of the time I was feeding Adrienne and my then 13 tr old neice asked me if it hurt. The same time I said no, her Mom said YES!! (of course, she had never breastfed, though!)
Before my daughter was born, I was little worried that the suckleing feeling of the baby would feel like the sexual feeling, and I can see how non- nursers may have that in the back of their mind, but I was still relieved to know that it is worlds apart!
It's going to sound gross, but doesn't it seem more like the relief you feel when you nurse after getting quite full is like the relief you feel after getting to pee after "holding it" for 12 hours?!:crazylaug AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

skatha_mare
June 22nd, 2004, 12:39 AM
I'll admit when I'm home with the family, I'll let it all hang out, but I can see how doing that in public could make people uncomfortable- if someone really did strip off her shirt, I have a sneaking suspician that she wasn't totally thinking about feeding her baby. But then again, she could have just been frazzled and going on a 1/2 hour of sleep in two days and she just didn't care! 8O
My sister let's it all hang out at home too, but the woman who stripped was on vacation in an expensive resort. Since there weren't any customers on the deck at the time we let her be, but her sense of decorum left a little to be desired.

morrigan
June 22nd, 2004, 02:02 AM
I think a woman should be able to breast feed when ever and where ever she wants.. i have never had a problem with this.. i did find though with my youngest child he prefered it if it was quiet and no one around but my oldest didnt care if it was quiet or noisy when he was hungry he wanted to be fed and he let everyone know too lol Blessed Be ~Morrigan~

FaerieGothMommy
June 22nd, 2004, 03:34 AM
It's going to sound gross, but doesn't it seem more like the relief you feel when you nurse after getting quite full is like the relief you feel after getting to pee after "holding it" for 12 hours?!:crazylaug AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

YESSS!! :lol: I always thought that, at the beginning when your breasts are the most full, it's such a relief to get it out! Even my mom (who never breastfed) said, one of the problems with bottlefeeding is, your breasts fill up so much and you just wish you could put the baby on your breast to relieve it. But of course, women who choose to bottlefeed, don't. I'd say, go for it!!!

~Macha~
June 29th, 2004, 07:19 PM
I had to share this one-
A woman was breastfeeding her child in a mall. She was sitting on a bench with a blanket draped over herself and the baby (you know, a little privacy) when a Security Guard (yes, a Security Guard) wlaks up, yanks the blanket off of her and tries to kick her out for indecent exposure. Needless to say, he got fired and I don't know what happened with the lady, but I can bet he got an earful!
I also plan on breastfeeding, however, support is lacking in the area I live in. How do I contact La Leche League?

BethieRose
June 29th, 2004, 07:22 PM
I think you can find a local group by visiting their website at www.lalecheleague.org

skatha_mare
June 29th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I had to share this one-
A woman was breastfeeding her child in a mall. She was sitting on a bench with a blanket draped over herself and the baby (you know, a little privacy) when a Security Guard (yes, a Security Guard) wlaks up, yanks the blanket off of her and tries to kick her out for indecent exposure. Needless to say, he got fired and I don't know what happened with the lady, but I can bet he got an earful!
I also plan on breastfeeding, however, support is lacking in the area I live in. How do I contact La Leche League?
Where was that? That was VERY rude!

bluglass
June 30th, 2004, 10:14 AM
How do I contact La Leche League?

you can find them on the web at lalecheleague.org
you can look up your state and find meetings near you. They have extensive on-line material as well.

docdoo
June 30th, 2004, 02:22 PM
*Warning, feeling grumpy today*

Personally I don't understand how anyone can act surprised that breast feeding is deemed indecent. The way breasts are portrayed on every TV, Porn, Magazine or Billboard, as though they were strictly sexual objects placed here specifically for me to ogle, fondle or otherwise have fun with, it's no wonder some people think it's obscene to nurse in public. Afterall, it's no large leap to go from that frame of mind into the 'sexual' frame of mind and immeidatly think 'indecent exposure' when the ONLY time we ever see breasts otherwise is when they are paraded around for the express enjoyment of men.

Having said that I will now say that I breastfed my kids and did so in public with no regrets and no shame.

(Can you tell I'm having a bad day? :flamer: )

Llewyth
June 30th, 2004, 05:31 PM
:hehehehe: Maybe this will make you smile. I read this story from the book "So that's what they're for!" It's a great book on breastfeeding.

This is supposed to be a true story. Anyway, this couple were in first class on a flight to who knows where. They have a small baby with them. The baby starts to fuss and the woman puts the baby to her breast for a snack. An idiot man passenger sees this and starts to rant at the woman telling her how disrespectful and rude she's being. Her husband calmly takes her breast and squirts the moron with it! :rollingla The ranter turned seven shades of red and left. :T

That's what I vow to do if ever that happens to me! :bigredgri

HorseCrow
July 1st, 2004, 06:37 AM
I get SO p*ssed off with society, when it comes to the way breastfeeding moms are treated! I really want to........ *deep breaths, deep breaths*.... no, I'll stop here before I blow a fuse :rant:

FaerieGothMommy
July 1st, 2004, 07:09 AM
:hehehehe: Maybe this will make you smile. I read this story from the book "So that's what they're for!" It's a great book on breastfeeding.

This is supposed to be a true story. Anyway, this couple were in first class on a flight to who knows where. They have a small baby with them. The baby starts to fuss and the woman puts the baby to her breast for a snack. An idiot man passenger sees this and starts to rant at the woman telling her how disrespectful and rude she's being. Her husband calmly takes her breast and squirts the moron with it! :rollingla The ranter turned seven shades of red and left. :T

That's what I vow to do if ever that happens to me! :bigredgri

:lol: now, THAT is funny!!! I'd loved to have seen that guys face

HorseCrow
July 1st, 2004, 08:17 AM
this couple were in first class on a flight to who knows where. They have a small baby with them. The baby starts to fuss and the woman puts the baby to her breast for a snack. An idiot man passenger sees this and starts to rant at the woman telling her how disrespectful and rude she's being. Her husband calmly takes her breast and [I]squirts the moron with it

:rollingla

Shanti
July 1st, 2004, 08:39 AM
So how do the people who think the exposed female breast is indesent, handle the fact that in many regions around the globe, there are girls and women who never cover their breast. Their are tribes all over the place where woman cover no more of their bodies than men. The genitals are sexual, the rest, has other purpose!
I hate how uptight and pompus this society of ours is!

Goody goody, snobbery...gag me with a spoon.

Why can men in our society run around on these hot summer days without a shirt and us women can not? I hate that!!!!!! GGRRRR. Men have tits too!!! Size dont matter...the nipples are still there!!!!!

BethieRose
July 1st, 2004, 12:03 PM
I agree, Shanti! I was just thinking that not too long ago as I watched a guy going topless while I sweltered in both bra and tshirt.

HorseCrow
July 1st, 2004, 02:07 PM
*Burns her bra and runs around in a loin-cloth* :bouncybob

DragonsChest
July 1st, 2004, 02:13 PM
I agree, Shanti! I was just thinking that not too long ago as I watched a guy going topless while I sweltered in both bra and tshirt.

The other day I saw an overweight man walking around without a tshirt, and his breasts, yes---breasts----he was at least a C cup, were bouncing and jiggling all over the place.

Oh, but that's acceptable. Sheesh.

Shanti
July 1st, 2004, 02:17 PM
The other day I saw an overweight man walking around without a tshirt, and his breasts, yes---breasts----he was at least a C cup, were bouncing and jiggling all over the place.

Oh, but that's acceptable. Sheesh.
Thats what I mean!!!!!!!! They are still breast!!!! They still have nipples!!!!!
Yet you gotta be a guy to beable to take off that shirt in the heat of summer and feel the wonderful breeze cool you off.....And us women sweat like pigs because our society is screwed in the head!!!!!!

Sorry, its hot here today and humidity is high and I am sweating!!!!
But when my SO gets home from work we will sit under the shade tree and off will go his shirt and I will still sweat!!! GGGRRRR
I hate society!

docdoo
July 1st, 2004, 02:24 PM
Well...from the research I have done on this topic here are a few reasons that some of these gender inequalities still exist

1. Out of 495 Representatives in the House of Representatives only 60 of them are female.
2. The Senate numbers offer little better...100 Senators and 13 Women
3. Couple numbers 1 & 2 with the fact that woman are still incessently objectified in all major (and subculture) forms of media and it's little surprise that breasts and female nudity are still seen as things to be either ashamed of or hidden.

As women we need to get out there and vote for people who will represent US in our government.

FaerieGothMommy
July 1st, 2004, 02:57 PM
Also lately, men have been making a statment that it's not just women who can contract breast cancer, it happens to men too!
So why are womens breasts treated differently, if they are so alike?

docdoo
July 1st, 2004, 03:17 PM
Also lately, men have been making a statment that it's not just women who can contract breast cancer, it happens to men too!
So why are womens breasts treated differently, if they are so alike?

You can answer that one yourself my friend. FGM, When was the last time that you've seen or heard a woman's breasts referred to in a NON sexual way either on Television, Radio or in magazines?

Sleet
July 1st, 2004, 03:37 PM
A few comments/observations from a bloke whose wife bf both our kids, often in public...

BF might be a very natural thing but it ain't always easy. Our second, especially, was terribly sensitive to all sorts of foods that his mother ate and she was acutally on a far more restrictive diet while she was nursing him than when she was pregnant with him. Another difficult situation is when the mom's mammary glands just don't quite produce the volume - our best friend had trouble producing enough milk, and the contraption they had to provide supplimentary formula while preventing nipple confusion involved a thin plastic tube that gave the mom a nasty blister on her nipple. With that situation, it was just easier for her to pretty much strip for various reasons.

These experiences have pushed me way into the "However, whenever" camp. Whatever the mom has to do to feel comfortable is just fine with me, because sometimes that's what it takes to get the job done.

Another random observation: The WHO recommends a minimum of 1 year, but every little bit helps. Even if the mom can only do it for a week after the little one's born, that's still a leg up right there.

Temair
July 1st, 2004, 05:34 PM
We have a few guys come over evey other Saturday to game with us and I am the only woman. It is my house and I have breastfed or been pregnant all but one year out of the past six. We live on the second floor of the house and when you get 5-6 adults in one room in the heat of summer it gets rather warm. I join them all in stripping off my shirt. I do wear my boulder-holder (44DD with 4-5 hooks in the back goes beyond bra to me :hehehe: )because if I didn't, I would spray the whole table with the breast that wasn't in the baby's mouth. The first time I did it, one of the guys nearly fell out of his chair in shock. Now it is perfectly accepted by all, especially when my husband backed up my right to strip in my own house. That was so hilarious. It all starts at home, ladies. :hehehehe: Besides, my bra covers far more than many bikini tops I've seen.

FaerieGothMommy
July 1st, 2004, 05:51 PM
You can answer that one yourself my friend. FGM, When was the last time that you've seen or heard a woman's breasts referred to in a NON sexual way either on Television, Radio or in magazines?

i know :rolleyes:

Llewyth
July 1st, 2004, 07:38 PM
I have a lot of guy friends too. At first when I breastfed it made them uncomfortable so I was nice and asked if I could use their bedroom away from everone. I figure the baby won't get distracted anyway so it'll be to the best of all.

So I go in my friend's room, only to discover his walls contain at least seven posters of naked women. I had a little smile breastfed my son. When I came out, I told him: for a guy who doesn't like to see a breastfeeding mom, you sure do have a menu for my kid in there! The only problem with his "breastaurant" was that nothing on the menu was actually available.

After that, whenever I needed to breastfeed, I didn't bother to hide. He'd hide his face, I told him if kept that ridiculous behaviour up I'd make him taste it. I told him I really didn't care if he saw anything. After a while, he actually took down the posters. He doesn't hide his face anymore. :) He got used to it.

WynterWynd
July 2nd, 2004, 01:56 AM
Here, at least in this county, you can breastfeed in public. I see no problem with it. If you out an about, having luch...why shouldn't baby be able to too!:)