PDA

View Full Version : Making your own Tarot Deck

RythmInTheWind
June 24th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Anyone have any info on how I could go about doing this, and if it even would work?

morrigan
June 24th, 2004, 02:58 AM
I am only fairly young in the tarot area but i couldnt see why you couldnt make your own deck.. maybe once you got the card size you want you could use decopaise (i know i probably spelled that wrong lol) you could find pictures and symbols that you felt related to each card you would put your own energies into the deck as you made it.. but then that could make it so that you could only do readings for youreself with the deck, but i could be wrong on that bit.. all in all though i think it would be an enjoyable challenge to make your own deck.. Blessed Be ~Morrigan~

The Renegade Divo
June 24th, 2004, 05:59 AM
I've even thought about painting a whole deck, and even changing how many cards is in the deck, and the symbols, etc.

There are numerous possibilities.

Try using google, and searching the many tarot sites that are found there.

mucgwyrt
June 24th, 2004, 09:31 AM
I've even thought about painting a whole deck, and even changing how many cards is in the deck, and the symbols, etc.

:hairraise

But it wouldnt then be a "tarot" deck, would it?

SpiritWitch
June 24th, 2004, 10:15 AM
I have heard they sell a blank tarot deck out there for those who wish to
create their own.

Nighthawk
June 24th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Hey, that is a cool idea. I have never seen a blank deck.

Hope
June 24th, 2004, 12:34 PM
I have a friend that is an artist and so much more talented than I am lol

he made thin wooden "cards" and handpainted a deck

they are unbelievable!! and soo very awesome!

i have told him he should consider selling them (well not that deck but you know)

oh! and he uses them and they are very accurate for him

love
hope

Aurin
June 24th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Yup, Blank tarot decks aren't hard to find either...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0913866229/learningthetarot/104-9699957-5210338

Cheap, too.