PDA

View Full Version : Trying to use Greymatter and going nuts

loopy
August 10th, 2001, 02:32 PM
I'm trying to implement a comments script. I've uploaded all the things, yada yada, and they seem to be okay. I'm a little confused on what I'm supposed to link to when I post the link for people to comment?

Lucidia
August 10th, 2001, 03:13 PM
is this a form? like.. a comments form?

i'm assuming its' a .cgi script... for form handling, that you are using.

all you need to do is make sure, that the script is in the cgi bin and the path to perl (the first line in the .cgi file, usually, is the "path to perl"), which is set at default, and depending upon your host's server, it might be diff, so check your host's faq

just make sure the form points to the cgi file, so that the form gets processed and sent to you or posted or whatever it is that you have it set up to do.

loopy
August 10th, 2001, 03:29 PM
Yup, I'm trying to put the form so that when you click on the link to view comments, that has a form where you can also add one.

I guess my problem is more basic-- I don't where to start! 8O I uploaded everything, but I'm confused as to what I put for my configurations. For the Local Log Path do they want the index of my whole site, or just where I put the index that came with greymatter?

:( Uf. It's hard to think with all this heat.

Myst
August 10th, 2001, 04:00 PM
Sweetie greymatter already has that capability, why exactly are you reinventing the wheel?