PDA

View Full Version : New Girl...Questions??

Mari
August 10th, 2001, 05:05 PM
I am 21, have been raised in the catholic religion and nothing in my entire life has been so easy to understand as some of the pagan faiths, I have recently encountered though research. I have no interest in ceremony, yet I am very spiritual. I guess I incorporate a little of everything in to my faith, and I have always wondered how some can be so easily taken into religion, without questioning a thing. I guess I feel as though my faith is stronger, because I can question it. I recently became “friends” with my younger brother, whom is 19, and to my surprise he is very much like me…I guess to spit it out, there is something different about me that I have never been able to find in anyone else besides my brother. There is the simplest understanding of things, yet which may be the most complicated things in human behavior. I don’t know what? It just is, and my brother understood what I was saying. See I feel crazy when I speak of it like I am making it up but yet, why have I only had a few long term friends, I am always helping someone, people are always asking my advice, this isn’t a choice it just happens. I am always sharing “god” or the source, or meditation or yoga with someone. I guess I would like just a simple opinion, I don’t think I am crazy, I think I am quite normal. I was once much closer to myself, but with school and work and life. It is difficult to fit art and writing and time alone in the picture. I sound a bit frantic I am sure, pieces can you believe it. Not very watery?!
What I would really like to attain within my self is solid control and strength with my own emotions, and the ability to use what is already there to the fullest potential. Just to help. I think this sort of gift or curse is passed. Some woman in Europe told my aunt, whom is very catholic, she had healing hands. And my grandma whom died when I was too young to know her, I think was the same. She was beautiful and eccentric and full of energy.

Sorry about the novel~luv kathryn mari

Arduinna
August 10th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Wecome to the site!! I could really relate to your post. I'm sure most of us have felt as you at one point or another.

Nice to meet you, jump right in. Everyone here is very nice

Earth Walker
August 10th, 2001, 07:58 PM
Merry Meet and Welcome :sunny:

Mairwen
August 11th, 2001, 12:24 AM
Welcome! My name is Mari, too! :D

rheirene
August 11th, 2001, 12:53 AM
merry meet:)

reanna
August 11th, 2001, 05:53 AM
Welcome!! :):):)

Silver Venus
August 13th, 2001, 07:45 AM
Welcome Mari :D Thanks for sharing with us. Hope to see you around lots :sunny:

Mariposa De La Luna
August 13th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Welcome and merry meet! :D

You NEED to make time for yourself! So you can recharge your batteries and figure out who you are and what you want. Figure out why you can't always handle your emotions. Even if you have to let someone down you still need that "me time", more likely than not they'll still be there the next day.

loopy
August 13th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Welcome and Merry Meet! :D:D

Lilu
August 13th, 2001, 02:44 PM
I agree with SAHM, take some time to relax and just sort out where you stand. One thing you might like to do is keep a journal or a notebook and write down the thoughts that come to you on what you believe in. Study, read, and learn. You will soon sort out where your strengths lie and can move on into that area with more focus :)

Welcome to MysticWicks!
Lilu

Tarot Collector
August 14th, 2001, 04:19 AM
Welcome!!! I've only been here a short while and I love it!

-Jesse-

Dria El
August 16th, 2001, 06:12 AM
Welcome to our newest Mari!!! So glad you decided to join us! ;)