PDA

View Full Version : Earth element...



Laiste
August 11th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Hi All.

I am brainstorming for a garden project. My idea is to make stepping stones for each element. the small path of stones will lead up to my outdoor alter, which I am also brainstorming. Any way, for Air I will use feathers, for Water I will use sea shells, for Earth I will use stones. This is where I am stuck what objects can I use to represent Fire? These items will be imbedded into the stepping stone. I just can't seem to think of anything. Also, if anyone has any ideas about the alter that would be great too.
Thanks.

Hope
August 11th, 2001, 10:33 PM
What about makeing a flame shape out of something, or including ash in the stone, OR what about volcanic rock pieces, or even incense.
Good Luck!

Oh yeah the alter, out back we have a large stump, maybe logs?? could be used somehow?!

blessings

hope

Laiste
August 12th, 2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Hope
What about makeing a flame shape out of something, or including ash in the stone, OR what about volcanic rock pieces, or even incense.
Good Luck!

Oh yeah the alter, out back we have a large stump, maybe logs?? could be used somehow?!

blessings

hope

Merry Meet Hope!! welcome to MW. It's a great place!!

:) :)

Thanks for the ideas. I like the volcanic rock pieces. Now the question is, where do I find them. Online somewhere I'm sure!!:p

Hope
August 12th, 2001, 07:23 PM
I am sorry I guess I forgot that just because they are plentiful here, not everyone has them. If you can't find any let me know I could get some (at no cost to me and ship them to you). I assume since they are for stepping stones you don't need really BIG ones. :)

Luck and Love
hope

Lavender
August 13th, 2001, 05:04 PM
What about amber pieces? Or sunflowers? You can trace out a sunflower design & paint them. Or buy plastic sunflowers to imbed in the concrete?

Laiste
August 13th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Wildchild
What about amber pieces? Or sunflowers? You can trace out a sunflower design & paint them. Or buy plastic sunflowers to imbed in the concrete?

WOW! Sunflowers are my favorite...I have them all over my kitchen! Thanks for the idea Wildchild.

Silver Venus
August 14th, 2001, 09:31 AM
going to say Sunflowers too ;) Thats a great idea!

& Laiste! This is a really cool idea for your garden ~ i wish my yard was bigger so I could do soemthing like this :)

You could also arrange or paint the sun flowers into a sun wheel onto your rock.. or paint in the face of the sun on your sunflower.

I love mirrors in gardens! So maybe you could make your actual structure of your altar out of somehting ..wood..stone .. then get lots of bits of mirror ~ like little tiles for mosiacs.. and decorate your altar all over with these.. or incorporate these into your design.. To reflect the sun, the moon, fae and your all of garden!

Happy creating :sunny:

Laiste
August 14th, 2001, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Silver Venus
going to say Sunflowers too ;) Thats a great idea!

& Laiste! This is a really cool idea for your garden ~ i wish my yard was bigger so I could do soemthing like this :)

You could also arrange or paint the sun flowers into a sun wheel onto your rock.. or paint in the face of the sun on your sunflower.

I love mirrors in gardens! So maybe you could make your actual structure of your altar out of somehting ..wood..stone .. then get lots of bits of mirror ~ like little tiles for mosiacs.. and decorate your altar all over with these.. or incorporate these into your design.. To reflect the sun, the moon, fae and your all of garden!

Happy creating :sunny:

Ohhh!! If it weren't so late at night I'd probably be out there creating right now!! Thanks for the beautiful alter idea!!:D