PDA

View Full Version : Why Black People Love Us!

Druchii
July 6th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Why black people love us. (http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/)

Strange but really off beat humor site.

magick186
July 6th, 2004, 07:10 PM
:hehehehe: :hehehehe: :hehehehe:

Theres
July 6th, 2004, 07:21 PM
:lol:

Shanti
July 6th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I dont see the humor. I think the people portrayed at that site are of a calabur I dont think much of. I read the letters page to see what other people said and the sites response. I just dont like any of it.

Athena-Nadine
July 6th, 2004, 07:42 PM
I dont see the humor. I think the people portrayed at that site are of a calabur I dont think much of. I read the letters page to see what other people said and the sites response. I just dont like any of it.
*...nods...* Agreed.

Theres
July 6th, 2004, 07:58 PM
:goodgrief

frigga
July 6th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Don't know how I feel about that site, who's poking fun at who, and well geeze, I'm at a loss for words.... :ugh:

AterCorax
July 6th, 2004, 08:23 PM
It's supposed to be a 'humor' site, me thinks. Here are a few quotes from the testimonials page that make me think that:

"Sally is so thoughtful. She always tries to set me up with every black man she knows. Since we're both black that means my date and I will have so much in common."

"I like Johnny and Sally because they NEVER flaunt their wealth in front of me. In fact, they go to great lengths to keep their valuables as well as their wallets and purses as far away from me as possible. How cool is THAT???"

"I love it when Johnny & Sally ask me to sing at parties. All of us can sing, you know."

Weird site. Not really sure if it's a good or a bad thing.

-Ater

Theres
July 6th, 2004, 08:55 PM
it seems rather obvious to me that it's poking fun at the stereotypical uptight, sheltered and wealthy white urbanites, and the misconceptions these people hold about anyone outside of their own social class.
since i know these kind of people i find it quite funny. others are apparently too uptight to see that.
oh well...

Druchii
July 6th, 2004, 09:05 PM
it seems rather obvious to me that it's poking fun at the stereotypical uptight, sheltered and wealthy white urbanites, and the misconceptions these people hold about anyone outside of their own social class.
since i know these kind of people i find it quite funny. others are apparently too uptight to see that.
oh well...

Its not unlike the Daily Show or Dennis Miller or Lewis Black's stylizations of humour. When I first saw it I was like WTF? BUT it does bring to the forefront many misconceptions and accepted misnomers that DO happen. I just look at it as a couple of people that new how to hit a nerve, and at least get you thinking... :D

Pol
July 6th, 2004, 09:32 PM
It could either be good or bad, depending on how you think about humour.

Jaguarundi
July 6th, 2004, 11:52 PM
It's kinda selective humor. I think it's okay, but being a white guy, I don't think it helps the stereotypes that any of us run into occasionally. I mean that from all points you know? Because although it's sorta funny, it seems kinda outdated. A little too "WB" for me.