PDA

View Full Version : Totally Mind-boggling !!!

ladyrowan
August 12th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Was just watching a programme on space, where they mentioned that for every grain of sand we have on Earth, there are a million stars out there. They didn't say how they came to that calculation, but i wouldn't be surprised if it were at least that number.
Think about it though, impossible to imagine, isn't it?

I do love having my mind boggled by this sort of thing, gives me something to think about on sleepless nights! Then again, it's probably this sort of thing that GIVES me sleepless nights!! 8O

Anyone got any more?

BB

marevard
August 13th, 2001, 01:34 AM
How about the 'oldie but goodie' ...
an infinite number of universes under your fingernail

Use to hate cleaning my nails due to me causing mass destruction of an infinite number of species

p.s. My mom didn't buy it.

Mairwen
August 13th, 2001, 01:47 AM
Did you know that there's a tiny creature living at the root of each one of your eyelashes??:eek:

And just how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?!

slvr_phoenix
August 14th, 2001, 11:18 AM
It sounds no more difficult to imagine than infinity to me. That in itself is a concept that can blow a mind at least once in a lifetime, just trying to fully grasp infinity.

Swanspirit
August 14th, 2001, 01:26 PM
The pictures from space....... and even more
intriguing the ones that resemble things and creatures and people here on earth,this tiny spinning bluegreen ball we take a free ride around the sun on .........every day .....
this is one of the all time most awesome sites on the web if you ask me ....
Mind Boggling is only a click away
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html
Love and Light of billions of stars to guide us...... hold on tight the earth is spinning again :>
Swannie

MasterMoon
August 25th, 2001, 06:09 PM
I once heard this: That if you were to scale down our milky way galaxy to the size of our earth, the earth inside that newly scaled down place would be a speck of dust so small you could not even see it. There are billions of galaxys (we think)

Now heres what I thought: How big are we on that speck of dust?
and how are we making assumptions about what is happening in the universe? It is hysterical.
Like a microbe (a smart one Ill give you that) trying to determine what is happening on Mars...LOL

Its all an Illusion..
Its all a result of observation.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it
\:O)

Illuminatus
August 26th, 2001, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by MasterMoon
I once heard this: That if you were to scale down our milky way galaxy to the size of our earth, the earth inside that newly scaled down place would be a speck of dust so small you could not even see it. There are billions of galaxys (we think)

Now heres what I thought: How big are we on that speck of dust?
and how are we making assumptions about what is happening in the universe? It is hysterical.
Like a microbe (a smart one Ill give you that) trying to determine what is happening on Mars...LOL

Its all an Illusion..
Its all a result of observation.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it
\:O)

In an Infinite universe, everything is infinitely large.... and simultaneously infinitely small. Neat, huh?

- Ill.