PDA

View Full Version : Totally bizarre dream...

SimplyStrange
August 13th, 2001, 01:01 AM
This is one of those dreams that you wake up thinking "What the Hell?"

I had it a couple of weeks ago, and copied it down on my comp for a friend of mine to read. Here is the letter I wrote to him:

8-02-01
I had one of the most bizarre dreams last night involving God. It was so strange because first it started out with absolutely nothing to do with God. First, we were all in this cave-type place. It was huge, mind you, so it really felt kinda' like a mansion, probably because it was enormous and we (the other people and me) were all gathering for something. Anywho, this chick
I was with had these two golden Egyptian figurines about he size of a two-year-old -- one of Horus and another of a certain Pharoah, but I cannot remember which one. Anyway, I watched her pick up the Horus statue and sing a lullabye to it and it closed it's eyes and "fell asleep", if you will, and gave her something...I cannot remember what, but it was so strange to witness
this. And as she held it, I picked up the other one and began to sing to it, watching it close its eyes and re-open them, as if it couldn't sleep. And just before I could get it to "sleep", the walls of the cave furthest from us burst open in a few places and these weird undead things started coming after us, as if we had opened up some doorway to Hell or had unleashed a weird unimaginable power by a curse put on the statues. So we fought them off by hurling the spears they threw at us back at
them and eventually destroyed the master one and they all fled, sinking back into the ground.

The next part is strange, too. As I turned around, I saw an enormous man, standing the entire height of the cave, yet I could not see his face. But he stood before me, giving off a certain glow and I knew, though we had just fought off numerous hideous undead things, that he was peaceful and would not harm me. I dropped my spear and ran to him, and he seemed to get smaller,
small enough to hold me in his arms in a certain embrace. And I knew who he was right then. I don't know how I knew, but I knew he was the almighty. And it was strange because any times you see paintings and you hear people talk of him and Jesus and such and they describe or paint him with a perfectly spotless and bright white robe, yet in my dream he wore an earth-colored
robe. It almost blended in with the walls of the cave, and that kind of makes me smile...to think that he does not look all perfect and stuff like people say, he looks like a normal man.

Anyhow, we talked and talked and sometimes I would sit with him and ask him things and he would answer peacefully, chuckling every now and then. And it was great, because I remember talking with him about how great of friends we had
become. It seemed like I clicked instantly, I was not afraid to ask him things or to say things, and he had a great sense of humor. I can't remember his voice, and I never saw his face...and he changed sizes. Sometimes he would be huge, and other times he was small enough to sit and hold my hand. The dream was so peaceful, and I cannot remember what things I asked him, but
I suppose it's not important because any unanswered questions are probably buried, answered, within my subconscious. I only remember asking him one thing and it's silly. I asked him, "I know people say not to use your name in vain. So is it bad to say things like, 'Oh my God'? Or should I say something like, 'Oh my heck'?"(which is what my stepmonster says) He chuckled and told me he'd prefer if I didn't say God, but it really wasn't that important. So now I guess I'll make it a point to say Gosh or goodness or something. *sigh* The whole thing was so peaceful, that now I cannot help but smile about it. Yet what I find interesting, is that God would have known that I am a little confused about religion...but he did not tell me once that any religion was the "right" one. So I think I'm right where I stand, believing in no specific religion.

And today I feel so great! I dunno how to explain it...but I feel
magnificent. And now at least some of my questions are answered, even though I may not remember them. And I don't think I'll ever quite forget this dream, even if I have forgotten some of it already...the concept will never leave me...

That is the letter I wrote to my friend, and that is my dream. I have no clue what it means really, besides giving me some reassurance in my "I don't believe in organized religion" thing...

Any ideas, guys??

Mairwen
August 13th, 2001, 01:17 AM
All I can say right now is. ... WOW.

Mariposa De La Luna
August 13th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Mairwen
All I can say right now is. ... WOW.

I second that and add a COOL! :cool:

Dria El
August 19th, 2001, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by SAHM

I'll second the first two and add a 'damn'.

Happydog
August 20th, 2001, 10:54 PM
what a fantastic experience!

If you don't mind my advice, the best thing, I think, is to just not question the dream (or rather vision) but just live with it and let it be an experience you have. Don't analyse it too much. I would also hope that you wrote it down in your journal/diary/Book of Shadows - whatever you do to keep track of your thoughts.

What a beautiful vision to have.

Myst
August 20th, 2001, 10:59 PM
Yup. Sometimes these things come easily in sleep while your conscious judging mind is not present. By analyzing you let that judging mind pick it apart and sometimes that part of your mind is so accustomed to thinking certain things are "make believe" that it'll convince you of that.

I had a similar dream but about Jesus a couple years ago. Who knows what secrets we have, but shouldn't we be glad to have accessed at least one of them? :)

A blessing of a vision, to be sure.

SimplyStrange
August 21st, 2001, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I really am not analyzing it to any specific point. I am, indeed living with it, and just the mere thought makes me happy. So I figure, if it makes me happy, then I should keep it that way.

:)

Sequoia
August 22nd, 2001, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by SAHM

I'll umm. . . THIRD. . .that, and put in "whoah!! AWESOME!!!

. . .So, God was a He?

SimplyStrange
August 25th, 2001, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Puma Hime

. . .So, God was a He?

Well my god is, obviously. See, Puma, I have a different view on these things than many people do. I believe that perhaps there are many different gods, which explains why many people follow a different one and feel comfortable and feel personal and feel that they are right in believing it. I dunno, it's just a theory in my mind for now (and a theory many older and more close minded people would say is a silly teenaged heathen's idea).

But me, I have no religion. I believe in God dearly, and I am somewhat Christian at heart because I feel comfortable with it and have never really felt it wasn't right for me. But I do not believe in organized religions. I believe in the end it doesn't matter. So I am perfectly happy doing my own thing (and obviously God is happy I've chosen to do so, since he didn't hound me about it in the dream). I am not anti-religion, because I believe it to be a wonderful thing many times. It builds a comfortable community.

I just don't think it's necessary...and I feel a lot more comfortable studying all religions from a point of view which is outside of the circle of religions so I may easily view it all at the same time and keep an eye on all aspects of it. See, as part of my longing to be an anthropologist, I also am terribly interested in learning other peoples' beliefs as far as religion goes.

So back on topic, yes in my dream, my god was a he. Doesn't mean he's the only one, though. :)

Sequoia
August 25th, 2001, 03:12 AM
SS - I too, believe that there's more than one god. It's my opinion that any god that anyone ever believed in exists, whether in their mind or in the "real" world. . . I try to respect them all, and accept them all. The only things that really piss me off are people running around killing people and hurting others in the name of their god(s), those are the kinds of things I"ll go "NO WAY" to. . . The god may be real to those people but killing or harming others is a BIG no no that I would stop, even if they whined about infringing on rights, that's where I draw the line. Tiny blood rituals and stuffs are ok. . . but not on a large, maiming, perminant injury/scar, death level, do you know what I mean by that?

Kewl :D that dream sounds awesome.

MistOfTheSea86
August 25th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Puma Hime
SS - I too, believe that there's more than one god. It's my opinion that any god that anyone ever believed in exists, whether in their mind or in the "real" world. . . I try to respect them all, and accept them all. The only things that really piss me off are people running around killing people and hurting others in the name of their god(s), those are the kinds of things I"ll go "NO WAY" to. . . The god may be real to those people but killing or harming others is a BIG no no that I would stop, even if they whined about infringing on rights, that's where I draw the line. Tiny blood rituals and stuffs are ok. . . but not on a large, maiming, perminant injury/scar, death level, do you know what I mean by that?

Kewl :D that dream sounds awesome.

I agree with you here Puma! You see I told SS before, that I thought that all the gods were like in congragation in the other side, like a big conference and such. Like theres BUddha, and theres Shiva, and theres the goddess and pan, in their respectable places:) I have a weird idea of this:D

Dria El
August 25th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by MistOfTheSea86

I agree with you here Puma! You see I told SS before, that I thought that all the gods were like in congragation in the other side, like a big conference and such. Like theres BUddha, and theres Shiva, and theres the goddess and pan, in their respectable places:) I have a weird idea of this:D

I thought Buddha a man and not a god?

:)

SimplyStrange
August 25th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Yes, Puma I agree with you. If people weren't so close minded, we would never have all these horrible wars and massacres and so forth. There's a difference between standing up for what you believe in and going overboard and torturing people for what you believe in.

One thing I never understood. If people thought they were doing the right thing by murdering people because they didn't believe in the "right" religion, they obviously thought that God wanted them to do this. But isn't it always a rule in every religion not to kill? So technically they would be sinning for trying to stop others from sinning....

Sequoia
August 25th, 2001, 06:46 PM
Mist - a great big resounding YES!!!!
I have always had this funny idea that "on the other side" there's this big huge conference table and every once in a while the gods all count their followers, and like the good/neutral gods are at one table and the darker/sinister gods are at another and they talk back and forth too hehe. . . and they sit around snacking and talking and stuffs hehe. . . the Galactic Conference Room. Yeah, that's it ;)

SS - I have never quite gotten that, either. . . Human beings are such fricken morons. It sucks to be human.

SimplyStrange
August 25th, 2001, 08:57 PM
It's a wonderful idea, to think of all the gods that were ever believed in to be in cahoots with each other! :) And it doesn't seem all that irrational. I believe that all the people who believe in their gods really are the ''right ones'' because all of them in my mind exist.

Perhaps when they look down at us discussing this they're thinkin' "Finally, someone is having a rational thought!" ;)

Sequoia
August 26th, 2001, 05:22 AM
8O or maybe they're going "It's about darn time!!"

SimplyStrange
August 26th, 2001, 07:31 PM
YES! I am sure they're darn proud of us. But I really don't think they mind all too much. I mean, sure they're probably thinking it's great that we've come up with this, but I beliee it doesn't matter what you have faith in, just so long as you have faith.