PDA

View Full Version : Hylands Teethig Tablets

phoenix1010
July 15th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I just got these for my son. I looked all over the paper work and did a search through the internet. Do they conflict with any other medicines? Do you use it with the liquid tylenol or in place of? On regular parenting sites I belong to, some mothers use the tablets with the tylenol. I searched teething on this site and alot of you recommended Hylands so I thought I would ask you.

Thanks for any insight you can give me!!

Mysticism Deity
July 16th, 2004, 12:26 AM
My twins teething has never bothered them, I think there was only 2 times where they were bothered so I got the tablets and tylenol. I used both at once. I do have to say though the tablets work wonders. I just rub one on the top gums, one on teh bottom, last one on the tounge. but I had to use those twice. after that they have never complained about teething and they are coming in 2-3 at a time.

But it is okay to give both. I think most mothers give tablets cus it soothes the gums, tylenol for the fever and take the pain away a bit longer.

Flutterby_whispers
July 16th, 2004, 03:04 AM
I never used the two together ~ mostly just the hylands tablets .. all 3 of mine responded quite well .. esp. my twins :)

But as far as I know it is safe to combine the two ~

phoenix1010
July 16th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Thanks!! When Jack teeths he only drools an AMAZING amount and knaws on everything. He may get a little whiny at times, but so far we only have two teeth in. His teething seems to increase in the evening so I like to give him something to help him get to sleep.

MarinaSulis
July 16th, 2004, 12:08 PM
I don't like to give medication if I can avoid it, so I use the tablets if she's having a rough time with her teeth during the day and distraction isn't cutting it. Then I use ibuprofen at night.

I have used them in combination during really tough teething spells, but usually not. I don't think there's anything in them that interacts with ... well, anything!

FlyingBear
July 16th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Wheeee! Good timing on this topic, seeing how we're also in the throws of Sophia's teething. Gah! :drool:

Anyway, wanted to let you know about a little secret a friend let me in on. Apparently the long thin green onions work really well. I gave it a go, and it kept her numb for about two hours. Just wash it, strip off the first layer and let the wee bairn gum away. It's fist size for them and aside from the foaming up look, it seemed to have worked. If you don't mind your baby smelling like onions, I would suggest that .

Going to look for the tablets tho, I've heard nothing but good stuff about them.

Mysticism Deity
July 16th, 2004, 02:37 PM
wow that is a neat little trick with the onion! I love those things. I like to eat them fresh.

Llewyth
July 16th, 2004, 03:11 PM
These things exist? Oh boy, where do I get them? Lirielle has taken to biting. Breastfeeding has become difficult lately... :(

aluokaloo
July 16th, 2004, 03:52 PM
no they should be fine, we use them and they work really well.

Semele
July 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM
We use them with Maci a lot! How do you keep the baby form getting onion in the eyes? Sounds a bit dangerous!

But the tablets are ok to use with most other analgesics and antipyretics. Just keep in mind that ibuproophen is only to be given to babies older then 6 months!

We are beginning to think Maci will never get a tooth!

Starpixie
July 16th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Love hylands tablets. I don't see why you couldn't combine them. :)