PDA

View Full Version : just starting

Fairywolf
February 24th, 2001, 06:44 PM
I am just getting started in this and I just wanted to say that I am glad to have found a place where I can feel comfortable in my suroundings and not feel like a outcast and not belittled. I also would like any infomation on witchcraft and paganism I can get so that I can understand what I already know better . If anyone has any advise for me please let me know. Thank you very much.

Mairwen
February 24th, 2001, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the boards, Wolf! :D

Twig
February 24th, 2001, 08:35 PM
Hi Wolf, from the Druids among us! My first best advise? belive in what you put as your signature. With that as a start,you can't go wrong! ;)
Peace,
Twig

mol
February 26th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by wolf
I am just getting started in this and I just wanted to say that I am glad to have found a place where I can feel comfortable in my suroundings and not feel like a outcast and not belittled. I also would like any infomation on witchcraft and paganism I can get so that I can understand what I already know better . If anyone has any advise for me please let me know. Thank you very much.

Welcome! And let me just say that if you have questions...that is the best place to start...just ask away...start a new thread and see the answers you get. Weigh these answers against your heart...if they feel right...then they are!

Just as your signature says: Be True To YOURSELF!

:D

enwyn
February 26th, 2001, 10:41 PM
welcome to a fellow neophyte! i have a friendly question for you if you don't mind my asking... how did you come to choose the name wolf? this fits more under the what's in a name thread but i'm just curious. one of my familiars is the wolf (the other constant ones are dragons and tigers). but anyway, i was just wondering. :)
i would also be happy to help you out with questions you might have, i'm usually wandering around here somewhere. see you around the boards!

*A cloud with a silver lining is good, but one with a gold lining is even better!*
Merry Meet, Merry Part, Merry Meet Again!
enwyn

Kaylara
February 26th, 2001, 11:06 PM
Hi Wolf! Nice to have you here, and I hope that you can find all of the information you are looking for. (Plus some that you didn't know you wanted!) It may be a good idea to check out some of the previous posts, they hold some very good questions and answers.
So, start posting/asking away, and I am sure that you will get some very indepth answers.

Blessed Be!
Kaylara

belladonna23
February 26th, 2001, 11:11 PM
Hi, Wolf! One of the most beautiful things about this community is that there are so many wonderful, loving people here who are so eager to help others, and not judge or pigeonhole them. Good to have "met" you, "see" you around.

lynx
February 28th, 2001, 01:57 AM
I know I know you, but, WELCOME!!!!

It is nice to see you here. HEE HEE

I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have. And maybe even learn something....HEE HEE :)

Lynx

sisba
February 28th, 2001, 08:00 AM
I am finding all this abit strange, and not sure I have totally figured out where you are all coming from at the minute.
Is this some sort of strange cult? Or are you all focused on love, nature, peace and tranquility in the world? Forgive my ignorance, but do you make sacifices?

Yvonne Belisle
February 28th, 2001, 08:14 AM
I don't know about the others first hand but I think they are with me on this the only thing we are likely to sacrifice around here is a cup of coffee, maybe some sleep and a few things of incense from time to time. We are Pagans in the many lovely varieties that exist. I believe that many of us follow what is known as the golden rule or the witches rede. What it all boils down to is that we worship a higher power in the manner dictated to us by our own hearts. It's about love yes! Love of all things around us and a desire for all to live in harmony. We believe in harming no one. Please ask questions and learn there is lots of information here.

Shatav
February 28th, 2001, 09:53 PM
Welcome wolf! :D

lynx
February 28th, 2001, 09:57 PM
Sisba, for one thing you are not being ignorant. You are being like we all are. You are being you, asking for information. There is absolutly nothing wrong with that. Just maybe my spelling. HEE HEE :)

No one that I know sacrifices anything. Not even coffee. No one I know really drinks it. I, myself, drink a lot of Pepsi and Mountain Dew. But they don't sacrifice themselves to me. I ask first. HEE HEE ;)

Ask more questions. Get answers. The only ignorant question, is that one that is never asked. :)

Blessed Be!!

Lynx })i({

mol
February 28th, 2001, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by sisba
I am finding all this abit strange, and not sure I have totally figured out where you are all coming from at the minute.
Is this some sort of strange cult? Or are you all focused on love, nature, peace and tranquility in the world? Forgive my ignorance, but do you make sacifices?

No sacrifices here! LOL!

We are not a 'cult', at least, not in the sense that I think you are putting it in...we are a Community of indivudals. All on different Paths. And all just wanting to learn, help, teach, and have a good time.

Stick around. I think you will like it.

sisba
March 1st, 2001, 07:04 AM
I apologise if I offended anyone, just something I wanted to clear up and put my mind at rest. This is something I have only been looking at for the last copule of days, so it is all very new, although very interesting, and something I think I have been looking at for a number of years. The website is very informative. How do you know which 'type' of Pagan you are? Is there further reading on this? Does it take years to learn? I think I will have a good scout around your site, and learn more.

Thanks,

BrightStar
March 1st, 2001, 07:24 AM
Hi all,
First of all,Welcome Wolf!
Hi Sisba.For books on the subject of Paganism I suggest you check out the Books section.There are a lot of good suggestions there.Finding ones spiritual path is a very personal thing,look around and learn all you can before you decide.It's something you can learn about your whole life.One's spiritual path takes a lifetime.I hope I never quit learning new things!(:
As for sacrifices,I don't think you'll see any of that here.
Stick around and learn.The people here are really nice and helpful.Frankly,they amaze me!So many interests here.I learn from them each and every day.
Peace and Love
Rain BrightStar

eaglewolf
March 1st, 2001, 07:24 AM
I seriously doubt you offended anyone. If someone says you offend them just tell me and I will let them have it...

Me -> :uzi: :eek: <- Them

If you want to learn more, this website is a great place to start. Look around, and ask questions when you have them.

Welcome to the community, I hope you find what you are looking for.

:D

~ew

Kaylara
March 1st, 2001, 01:49 PM
Haven't offended me! Ask away! I am not exactly the most experienced one in here, but I can share what I know!

Kaylara

Shatav
March 1st, 2001, 08:47 PM
I'm really hard to offend! So ask away! Just be warned, I like a feisty good-natured debate sometimes, though. ;)

mol
March 2nd, 2001, 12:49 AM
Sisba! Dont be afraid to ask any questions...after all...

(I havent said this in a while)

Thats what this Community is all about. Helping each other. We do get into heated debates...and thats fine...because after it is all over we know that it was, in fact, a debate. We dont attack each other and we certainly dont drive anyone away that wants to learn.

Welcome.

enwyn
March 2nd, 2001, 12:53 PM
hi Sisba! everyone else has pretty much said what i would have said to you but one more reassurance wouldn't hurt in any case! you certainly did not offend! :) and i hope you find the answers to your questions that you are looking for in this community! i'd like to join everyone in saying that i'd be happy to help answer any questions that you might have! :D welcome to the boards!

* the quest for truth has begun, may it bring you peace and joy for an eternity!*
enwyn

spikey
December 4th, 2003, 07:53 AM
:hailmol: hi does any one like buffy the vampire slayer