PDA

View Full Version : 4-year-old niece learning Turkish :D

Holly Ariadna
July 19th, 2004, 06:10 AM
I just think this is so cute *lol* I'm at my brother's house with his 4-year-old daughter Deniz.. my brother is Turkish and his wife is Swedish, so Deniz speaks Swedish and all, but her dad is trying to teach her Turkish. Now I suck at it but I do speak a liiittle bit so I'm trying to get her to speak, and it's workiiiing! :D She's so cute! LOL! She was building a "castle" and everything fell, so I was like "awww it fell! Düstü!" (Turkish for "it fell") and she's like "Yeah.. Düstü!!" then I asked if she wanted a banana but she didn't listen, so I was like "Deniz, istiyormusun??" (Turkish for "do you want?") and she looks at me and repeats "istiyormusun istiyormusun.. yes auntie I want a banana" lol awwww.. And then she was gonna watch Aristocats (watching it now) and asked "Auntie how do you say "cat" in Turkish?" so I told her and she went around repeating it... She's gonna be a language-freak like her auntie!!! :p I'm so proud!!!

Tullip Troll
July 19th, 2004, 07:09 AM
It's so great how excited you are about your neice. It would be nice if more Aunt and uncles had that kind of joy.

MheraPai

Holly Ariadna
July 19th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Right now I'm irritated at her *lol* (she keeps whining and changing her clothes all the time and she even said I was mean!) But yeah, I just got in touch with a lot of my aunts & uncles and one of the aunts and one of the uncles and I talk as often as we can (they live in the US).. I realized that I would have loved to know them when I was little, and well right now this niece that I'm with now is 4 and I didn't talk to my brother or her for 3 years (started talking a few months ago).. so I just feel that I really want her to know her aunt. Besides I feel so close to both of my nieces, my brothers say they are a lot like me when i was little... :)