PDA

View Full Version : Why is it....

Amethyst Rose
July 21st, 2004, 12:21 PM
.... that kids are happiest when doing something they're not supposed to be doing?

Quint was all happy and playing and babblling to himself....when I realized he had the end of an electic cord stuck in his mouth! And then he cries when I take it away.... sigh.... and of course if it gets quiet you know something's up.....

soilsigh aingeal
July 21st, 2004, 02:25 PM
My son is only happy when he's turning my television on and off!

Kelley
July 21st, 2004, 03:11 PM
When you figure it out PLEASE let me know!!!! My head is still hurting from the "lecture" I gave them four hours ago. :whatmewor

Faeawyn
July 21st, 2004, 05:16 PM
wait until their teenagers :collapse:

SilverClaw
July 21st, 2004, 05:28 PM
Amytehst I have no ide why they do that either. My little guy so far has been only unpluggin plugs. My middle child is trying to chew on elctrical cords and anything else, as well as throwing toys around...anyways I have to go get my little guy back down for his nap take care eveyron!

Faery-Wings
July 21st, 2004, 05:32 PM

*sticks fingers in ears* I am not listening, lalalalalalalaaaaaa

AR- I dunno, but it happens everyone. My too are the same. It will be nice and quiet, I'll breathe a sigh of relief... and then Bam! I realize that is when they are up to no good. :devil:

PAGANFILES
July 21st, 2004, 06:02 PM
By the time you're 12 you have accumulated a ton of "not supposed to"s.
Before that is one of the freest times to learn anyone is ever to have in life.
I sometimes wonder what I could accomplish if a "not supposed to" hadn't gotten drummed into my subconscious that prevents trying at a mature age. Years back I read a paper on folks with acrophobia. A majority of them had been raised in multistory dwellings above the 1st floor.

Makes you wonder....and possibly a little careful on how hard you push various "not supposed to" statements. Intensity of emotions with speech and its tenor might make something stick for life or just clearly state a reminder.

Terry

Llewyth
July 21st, 2004, 06:31 PM
That's why I come up with stuff they can do that most people won't let their kids do.
Such as: Playing in the refrigerator while I'm cooking. I get to cook, they get to explore. We're both happy.
Washing their toys in the kitchen sink. I remove their clothes. Put towels all around. It's good clean fun. Toys are washed, I get to wash the floor.

If you can't beat them join them I say.

blugirrl1
July 21st, 2004, 08:39 PM
Llewyth, sounds like you have the right idea. :)
but i do know what you mean about the silence AmethystRose, whenever it is silent is when i know that they are up to something.!

Temair
July 22nd, 2004, 10:11 AM
That's why I come up with stuff they can do that most people won't let their kids do.
Such as: Playing in the refrigerator while I'm cooking. I get to cook, they get to explore. We're both happy.
Washing their toys in the kitchen sink. I remove their clothes. Put towels all around. It's good clean fun. Toys are washed, I get to wash the floor.

If you can't beat them join them I say.
Same here. I let my kids mop the floor by putting on their swimsuits and giving them wet towels to wipe around on the floor. They have fun, my floor gets clean, and I don't have to get down on my hands and knees because I don't have a mop.

Chibi-Fallon
July 22nd, 2004, 10:44 AM
Reminds me of my little cousin. I was visitng her just a few days ago (now I'm in CT), we were all eating dinner and she had wandered off and was happily eating glitter off a paper fish her sister made. :T
I know I personally used to burry things I wasn't supposed to have (candy and such) in the flower pots around the house and would leave a *huge* mess. 8O

Kelley
July 22nd, 2004, 02:37 PM

My oldest will be 13 in October, his brother just turned 11 in May, both are in puberty. My oldest one is 3/4 of an inch shorter than his father! My greys are mulitplying hourly, even when I sleep. My 6 year old daughter is a major drama queen, with a scream that could stop a volcano, or start an earthquake.

blugirrl1
July 25th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Kelley your daughter sounds so much like mine. her ear piercing shrieks can be so painful to the ears.
and my 9 year old son is almost as tall as me, with feet almost as big as mine.

Kelley
July 25th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Kelley your daughter sounds so much like mine. her ear piercing shrieks can be so painful to the ears.
and my 9 year old son is almost as tall as me, with feet almost as big as mine.

She makes up for it with the kisses. She is currently a bird with lots of tweets and very interesting kisses :uhhuhuh: .

My oldest was wearing my shoes a long time ago, now he can wear his fathers. He probally would except for the fact that they are steel toe boots. He will be taller than his father by the end of the year, if not by his birthday.

pink hulahoop
July 28th, 2004, 11:03 PM
I guess for the same reason we're happiest doing things we're not suppose to.. its fun.

Ravyn Sylverwyng
July 30th, 2004, 06:48 PM
My oldest decides that if she is mad, she is storming off to her room, as loudly as she can, slams the door behind her, and then decides that it is the time to cry, very loudly, just in case you missed the other signs that she was mad. I'm a bit worried, because at seven, it is an awful amount of drama.

My middle child, age five, has decided that he can not talk in a normal voice. He has to yell everything. I have tried I don't know how many times to explain to him that he is not suppose to do this, but it is always wasted breath. I just don't understand that part either.

And, then there is the youngest. At two, he thinks that if things aren't going his way, that he should throw himself in the floor and scream as loundly as he possibly can. Now, I'm not sure, but I'm nearly positive this hasn't worked on any parent in a very long time. It certainly doesn't me.

I have to wonder all the time what they are in too. If they are quiet, I have to look. It is nearly always something that they are not suppose to be into, and this is what causes the previous mentioned behavior, as they are now in trouble for doing what I have just said not to do. I don't understand it either. But, if anyone ever figures it out, and writes a book on it, then I'm certain they will be on the bestseller list for a very long time.