PDA

View Full Version : Taken names?

ASR
August 14th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Okay, guys, still talking as the utter newbie :) I've been dabbling in finding my magickal name for a long time. I checked out the meanings of animals, herbs, flowers.....I drove myself nuts.

Then I saw someone on an emailing list with the name AutumnRose. It kind of hit me. Autumn is my time of year. I like spring, love winter, tolerate summer....but I feel more alive in the autumn than any other time. Roses are also my flower -- I've had the email address ladyrose for years, AIM SareRose, I've used BlackRose..... Its part of who I am.

Obviously, I'm not going to take the same name as this woman -- its just plain rude. So I started trying to find ways to change it and have only come up with this: Autumn SilverRose. (Hence the ASR as my logon. I'll keep that anyway :))

I just want to know what you guys think -- different enough? Do you know anyone with the same name? I'm not 100% sure on it, but I'm getting there. I want to make sure no one else is using the name before I committ to it.

Amanda

Emy
August 14th, 2001, 12:46 PM
Ohhhh Autumn SilverRose, what a beutiful name! :)

Well, I don't know anyone with that name, at least I don't think so ;)

Blessings

Lilu
August 14th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Sounds fine to me :)

It's a lovely name.

Lilu

slvr_phoenix
August 14th, 2001, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about having the same name as someone else anyway. It happens. :) With so many pagans around the world, it's bound to happen every now and then. ;)

stormyray
August 14th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by slvr_phoenix
I wouldn't be too worried about having the same name as someone else anyway. It happens. :) With so many pagans around the world, it's bound to happen every now and then. ;)
I totaly agree. As long as it feels good to you then its for you.

Mooncrow
August 14th, 2001, 06:29 PM
sheesh try going thru life as John........<grumble>

BB

Mooncrow

Dria El
August 16th, 2001, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Mooncrow
sheesh try going thru life as John........<grumble>

BB

Mooncrow

lol Or Jennifer... Or Michael... Or Ashley... Or David...

lol I could go on forever!

:)

It's a wonderful name and if you like it, keep it! :D

PRINCE_SALO
August 23rd, 2001, 01:48 PM
I know what you went through. It took me about two years to come up with my name, and it's still changing. Like you I tried so many different places for a name. Finally I came up with Salo. Which is Salena and Apolo. Then about a year ago I read this book called the Cronicles of Amber. So now it's Prince Salo of Amber. I think a name grows with you or it gets left behind.