PDA

View Full Version : For those who don't know what reiki is.....

Dellit Tandannon
August 14th, 2001, 02:44 PM
here's a little explanation of what reiki is that i took from a web page, its not the best, but it'll help:

What is Reiki?

Reiki is a natural healing method that uses the hands of a healer to channel energy to another person through
chakras or energy centers. It has been practiced for thousands of years. It was reintroduced in the 1800's by Mikao Usui in Japan.

What is meant by "healing"?

Healing refers to the balancing of the energy, sometimes called chi or prana, in the body to heal itself.

What are the benefits of Reiki?
Reiki has been found to have a calming effect on the body. It can restore
balance to the body. It supports the body's natural ability to heal itself.

Can Reiki cure disease?

Reiki is not intended to be a cure. It does however improve the body's
natural ability to heal itself. It should be reinforced that Reiki is not intended to replace your physician or other health care providers.

Who can receive Reiki energy?

Reiki can be given to all people, as well as animals and plants. It is not
associated with an organized religion, therefore, it is open to all.

Semele
August 14th, 2001, 02:55 PM
Thanks Dellitt...that was a pretty decent overveiw!

Mairwen
August 14th, 2001, 11:58 PM
Reiki works really well on people with depression, as well as people with any type of ADD. As well, you can use Reiki to heal a sickly houseplant.

Too, I can attest firsthand that for hands-on healing, it's "right on". I fell and busted up one of my knees last year, and Reiki helped the healing process; as a result, my long-term problems aren't as great as they could have been ~ I even got by with little scarring.:D

loopy
August 15th, 2001, 12:09 AM
So how does one start? With simple chakra healing, or... ?

Mairwen
August 15th, 2001, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by loopy
So how does one start? With simple chakra healing, or... ?

When I got my First last year, we spent a week working on Chakra realignment. Mine were a wreck!:rolleyes:

You know, that whole "heal thyself, witch!" thing ~ you can't heal unless you first heal yourself?

loopy
August 15th, 2001, 12:19 AM
Gotcha. :)

How would you know if your chakras are messed up? I've tried visualizing but I can never get to the point where I can tell if I'm actually seeing something or just making it up.

Mairwen
August 15th, 2001, 12:27 AM
Go a little bit deeper than where you've been going. Feel the energies just as deeply as you can. And remember that you have "front" and "back" chakras, too! :D

Semele
August 15th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Self Reiki treatments are great for balancing Chakras. I have never been able to "see" that they need aligning, just feel it.

Mari, I agree completely...Heal thyself!!!

Mairwen
August 16th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Before we got in to the actual Reiki, we did exercises in Chakra cleansing and alignment, but I can see how Reiki can aid the process. It does help to do some alignment work before you start learning Reiki (at least, that's how I was taught, and that's what was beneficial to me).

Silver Venus
August 16th, 2001, 11:56 AM
I will deffiantely try some allignment excercises over the next few days ~ i have a few I can dig out to work with Crystals.. Just was wondering ~ have you got any good ones to work with your 'feeling'? :)
Going off in search now .... :)

Faery-Wings
August 17th, 2001, 09:20 AM
Where can you find information on how to do chakra realignment? When I meditate, I can sort of feel them and get a tingling in that area, but that is about it.

BB

Chris

Mairwen
August 17th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Good question!! Actually, when I do chakra work, I never have actually seen them, but visualization does wonders. Let me look on the net here and see what I can find ... brb ...

http://healing.about.com/cs/chakras/

If you click on aligning your chakras, it takes you to a really cool page with full instruction.

Faery-Wings
August 17th, 2001, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Mairwen
Good question!! Actually, when I do chakra work, I never have actually seen them, but visualization does wonders. Let me look on the net here and see what I can find ... brb ...

http://healing.about.com/cs/chakras/

If you click on aligning your chakras, it takes you to a really cool page with full instruction.

Everything you wanted to know about chakras and then some. :D

Thanks for passing this along- it might take me a while to go thorough a lot of it, but heck, learning is such a good thing. Or at leat that is what is what I am trying to convince my weary brain. LOL!

Chris

loopy
August 18th, 2001, 02:23 AM
Does anybody have "Hands of Light" by Barbara Ann Brennan?

Was just wondering how good a tool it is compared to other books; it's sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust with the other 1000 things I'm trying to learn. :rolleyes: :D

Dagda Moon~Lily
August 18th, 2001, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Mairwen
Before we got in to the actual Reiki, we did exercises in Chakra cleansing and alignment, but I can see how Reiki can aid the process. It does help to do some alignment work before you start learning Reiki (at least, that's how I was taught, and that's what was beneficial to me).

I work with my chakras everyday, so I tend to forget that there are other's out there that may need assistance learning about them. ....oh the things we take for granted. :D ....but then again, when I accepted Reiki, my RMT didn't bring it up either.

I do feel that there should be a solid understanding of the human energy system, that is why I recommend the book "Energy Medicine" by Donna Eden as a valuable reference book! In my opinion, if you are working with energy, you should understand the meridians, chakras and the aura....how they interrelate and affect us. :D

I have seen my Heart Chakra once or twice. It was a great experience. I laid down on my bed, with enough pillows to prop myself up to see, and I used my pendulum to find out how fast they were spinning, and in which direction. When I got to my heart chakra....and saw the color....I thought I was literally seeing things because the color shot up almost like a small flame! ...the it dawned on me what it was that I was seeing!

Faery-Wings
August 18th, 2001, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by loopy

Was just wondering how good a tool it is compared to other books; it's sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust with the other 1000 things I'm trying to learn. :rolleyes: :D

ROTFLMAO!

You sound just like me!

:D

Chris~ if she had one minute of time for every thing she wanted to learn....

mythril
August 18th, 2001, 12:46 PM
I have that book loopy, its really good :)

Ive seen her second one and am definately going to buy it.

Mairwen
August 18th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Got all hasty and was going to pop in here and say she's an upline of mine, but I was wrong!:rolleyes: Anyone who's downline of Barbara Clearbridge ~ we're in the same family.:D

Silver Venus
August 20th, 2001, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Dagda Moon~Lily

I do feel that there should be a solid understanding of the human energy system, that is why I recommend the book "Energy Medicine" by Donna Eden as a valuable reference book! In my opinion, if you are working with energy, you should understand the meridians, chakras and the aura....how they interrelate and affect us. :D

I have seen my Heart Chakra once or twice. It was a great experience. I laid down on my bed, with enough pillows to prop myself up to see, and I used my pendulum to find out how fast they were spinning, and in which direction. When I got to my heart chakra....and saw the color....I thought I was literally seeing things because the color shot up almost like a small flame! ...the it dawned on me what it was that I was seeing!

Ill look out for that book :) Im not too good on the meridians and need to improve and learn lots more!
"Hands of Light" by Barbara Ann Brennan sounds like a good book too Loppy!

Dagda :) Wow! Your experience of you heart charkra sounds very moving and powerful!! :D

Dagda Moon~Lily
August 22nd, 2001, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Silver Venus

Ill look out for that book :) Im not too good on the meridians and need to improve and learn lots more!
"Hands of Light" by Barbara Ann Brennan sounds like a good book too Loppy!

Dagda :) Wow! Your experience of you heart charkra sounds very moving and powerful!! :D

Yes, the "Hands of Light" book has a great section about the Chakras! :D

....and my experience was very exciting! ;)

mythril
August 23rd, 2001, 01:21 AM
dagda, when u did reiki two and recieved the attunement, did u notice any growth or activation in your psychic abilities like clairvoyance or clairaudience for instance?

Dagda Moon~Lily
August 23rd, 2001, 03:35 PM
I did a little bit at the time.....but it's something you really have to work with on a regular basis....like excerise! Unfortunately, I don't use it or practice as much as I would like to. You just can't expect it to be like turning on a light bulb. The attunement affects everyone differently. For me, this attunement really cleared up some negative thinking patterns and negative emotional patterns as well. I feel that when I do a distant Reiki session, I am more capable of "feeling" what is bothering the person~what needs to be addressed.

:D

mythril
August 27th, 2001, 02:12 AM
true, one must practice , i wish it were like turning on a light bulb :)

loopy
August 27th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the clarification on the book, guys-- I always feel better reading something when I know it's good beforehand, you know? So I know I'm not wasting my time. :)

:D:D