PDA

View Full Version : A Mystickal Grove board

Ixchel
July 23rd, 2004, 01:55 AM
http://www.amystickalgrove.com/Community/

Please review their board
They have a locked board for the intermediate and advanced peoples

Do you think their idea of having a locked board to keep the newbies out is a good thing or a bad thing that is hurting their community? I don't know...is this a good board to be a part of?

I found this in the links section

Morag Elasaid Ni Dhomhnaill
July 23rd, 2004, 12:18 PM
I personally don't care for the site much. I used to be a member there and it left a bad taste in my mouth. There is quite a bit of arguing there and not much respect shown for others, and the mods don't get involved and nip things at the bud when they should. However, their Celtic board, while not very active has a few very informed people on it, that are a quite nice to speak with.

Faelon_Moon_Hawk
October 11th, 2004, 05:39 PM
I love AMG, they are pretty much my pagan family...since i don't really have any pagan friends in real life. I've been on their board for years...i found it shortly after getting interested and starting into paganism, and joined...then left for a while, and rejoined with a vengence :smile: . I think after my leave of absence from there I had learned much,a nd also become more secure in my own beliefs and was just more mature and better able to partake in discussion there.

Ahh, yes, the I/A board, caused much ado about nothing there (imho). In all reality it is simply a place for those who are a little more advanced to talk about things that either would fly over a newbie's head, or get them into a lot of trouble if they didn't have the skills or knowledge to know what they were doing, as well as kinda being a place free of constant newbie like questions (not that there is anything wrong with asking them, indeed it's good to ask them if you need clarification...it just gets a little repetative to have 5 threads all asking what a BoS is....) There was a great deal of turmoil caused by the I/A board, which has however, dissapated. It's hardly a closed community, but rather, a growing one, as people increase and show their experience and knowledge, so the board grows. And fears of it diminishing the quality of responses on the other boards were unfounded as well, I/A members still respond to the other boards, just as much, if not more than the I/A board it's self. That board also in no way prevents anyone from asking a question that might be more advanced at the other message boards, and doesnt' compromise the answers that might be given either.

As with all groups of people there are lots of different personalities there, some members get along there, others don't. All in all I've found the people there to be friendly and willing to help and share their information and opinions. True, DH and MR (the mod's) don't get involved too much, but I really don't see the need to. The people there can moderate themselves for the most part, and trolls are fairly rare, and stomped on fairly quickly by who see through them. Arguing? yes, but what family doesn't argue? *grin* Like i said, there are some strong personalities there, with equally strong opinions, and they don't always see eye to eye...however those usually end in people agreeing to disagree.

Hehehe, so i've rambled on enough for now ^^;; that's just my admittedly biased view of AMG from someone whose been there for a while.

SilverClaw
October 18th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Do you think their idea of having a locked board to keep the newbies out is a good thing or a bad thing that is hurting their community? I don't know...is this a good board to be a part of?

Well I think it is, even though I have taken a break from there due to a snit that occured a few months back, but I still have met some great people there. But as for having the locked board I do not think it has hurt the community at all.