PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Healing - Lesson Two - Tuning

Kalika
July 25th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Below are some ways to cleanse and tune your stones before using them for healing. Keep in mind that it is important to always cleanse/tune your stones before use, especially if you use them for other things as well.

Cleansing

Sunlight or Moonlight

Leaving your stones in direct sun or moonlight for several hours will help re-energize them, and prepare them for use in healing.

Running Water

Hold the stones under running water (a stream is best, but tapwater will do) and envision a cleansing waterfall or other soothing water scenario.

Resonating Sounds

By spreading your crystals out and ringing a bell with a tone that you like above them, envision them being cleansed and purified.

Smudging

Burn dried herbs and wave the smoke over the stones. You can cleanse a roomful of stones easily with this method.

Water and Sea Salt

Setting the stones in a bowl (preferably non-metallic) full of water and sea salt (or seawater), and leaving them overnight. Particularly effective method if you are able to set the stones on a ledge for 3 nights of the full moon.

Visualization

Visualize a white cleansing light pouring from you into the stones; imagine negativities and impurities being pushed away by the light, and the stones being filled with the lights power.

Bury the Stones

Bury the stones in the ground, and leave them overnight or longer (put them in a place where you're sure they'll be safe, and mark the spot so that you can find them again!) Since crystals come from the Earth, it has natural restorative properties, and this method is also very effective.

Tuning

Tuning your crystals for a specific purpose can be important, especially in healing. If you choose to dedicate particular stones to particular things, make sure that you have a method by which to remember which stones correspond with which method of healing/magick.

Its important to do the tuning/dedication of the stones as soon as possible after they have been cleansed.

One method of tuning:

Remain relaxed yet alert; hold your crystal in one hand, and place the other hand over it; visualize a connection between you and the stone; determine the crystals purpose, and say something such as: "I dedicate this crystal/stone for use as a ____ tool."

Remember, some stones are particularly sensitive to light, heat, and water - make sure to do a little research on the stones before using the different cleansing methods.

I have listed a few examples below -

Avoid contact with water:

Halite, lapis lazuli, turquoise, malachite, selenite

Light sensitive:

Amethyst, rose quartz, turquoise

Heat sensitive:

Quartz, amethyst, malachite, lapis lazuli, turquoise, tourmaline

Easily scratched:

Sodalite, Lapis lazuli, Moonstone, hematite, malachite, metallic crystals, rhodochrosite, celestite, apatite, fluorite

No assignment for this lesson- just try cleansing and tuning your stones! :)

Eclectic Celt
July 30th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Merry Meet
I cleanse mine with salt water,but it's only table salt that I have and two of my stones are rough not tumbled, so how should I cleanse the rough stones?
And could you please give us a list of stones that do not like salt?, because I have noticed that some of my stones seam to fade with the salt.
So this time I will be using the full moon which starts tonight!lol
Thanks
BB

Kalika
July 31st, 2004, 05:42 PM
Merry Meet
I cleanse mine with salt water,but it's only table salt that I have and two of my stones are rough not tumbled, so how should I cleanse the rough stones?
And could you please give us a list of stones that do not like salt?, because I have noticed that some of my stones seam to fade with the salt.
So this time I will be using the full moon which starts tonight!lol
Thanks
BB

Table salt is always handy when you don't have access to sea salt. :) Perfectly OK to use, I would just try to make sure it is dissolved, and also keep the salt you use for this purpose seperate from the salt you use in the kitchen - avoids the potential of something else accidentally mixed in.

I wouldn't recommend using the salt method on stones that are already extremely pale in color, or that are easily scratched.

You can cleanse the rough stones using any of the methods listed above - just keep in mind whether they are water soluble, etc when choosing the cleansing method that you use.

Eclectic Celt
August 2nd, 2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks for your reply!
I will avoid doing anything with water and salt for my rough stones, I will go with burrying them.
BB

Eclectic Celt
August 18th, 2004, 04:30 PM
well i burried them and they got extremely dirty!lol
But one stone in particular has completely lost it's shine, I think it's lapis lazuli, but it could also be sodalite. Not sure on that one.
I have tried to buff it with a damp cloth and then with a dry one, but with no joy. What should i do?
As for not knowing some of my stones could I post tehm up here foryou to look at and give your reply please?
Thanks
BB

Kalika
August 21st, 2004, 11:22 AM
well i burried them and they got extremely dirty!lol
But one stone in particular has completely lost it's shine, I think it's lapis lazuli, but it could also be sodalite. Not sure on that one.
I have tried to buff it with a damp cloth and then with a dry one, but with no joy. What should i do?
As for not knowing some of my stones could I post tehm up here foryou to look at and give your reply please?
Thanks
BB
Of course, go ahead and post the stones that you are wanting to know how to cleanse.

Are the lapis/sodalite polished or rough stones?

Eclectic Celt
August 21st, 2004, 03:32 PM
Of course, go ahead and post the stones that you are wanting to know how to cleanse.

Are the lapis/sodalite polished or rough stones?

MM
the lapis lazuli/sodalite is a tumbled stone. Salt also fades it's colour hense why I don't know what it is anymore!lol
I will post the other stones on here tomorrow and maybe you could tell me what you think they are!lol
Thanks
BB