PDA

View Full Version : Art and music and magick

TaylorE
August 2nd, 2004, 11:54 AM
My latest chapters in space/time magick have been focused on art and music and how they shape and alter consciousness. In your experiences have art and music produced an altered state of consciousness for you?

mol
August 2nd, 2004, 05:01 PM
Well, I dont usually connect the two, but I do get lost when I am painting and especially when I use to play live. So, I would say that probably have a great deal to do with each other.

Xentor
August 2nd, 2004, 05:23 PM
TaylorE, you may find this thread rather interesting:
The power of the artist (http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=43885)

Personally, I use music to influence my mood.

WolfMoon
August 2nd, 2004, 06:18 PM
I lose all track of time when drawing or painting, kinda getting lost into a 'zone' I suppose.

TaylorE
August 4th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Now here's a question for all of you...have you ever looked at a painting and felt you could step through the frame into another world?

Xentor
August 4th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Nope. I do have that with mirrors at times, though.

WolfMoon
August 4th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Now here's a question for all of you...have you ever looked at a painting and felt you could step through the frame into another world?

Depends on the painting. I'm partial to fantasy art, so that tends to draw me a lot more than abstract. Same with Renaissance paintings vs. Impressionists....

TaylorE
August 7th, 2004, 12:53 PM
I've doen that with mirrors also. For paintings it depends...I recall once seeing a painting with a purple sky and an island with a lone palm tree on it. The palm tree moved in the painting and I felt I could walk into the painting and be in that universe. Now is the mirror work and the paintings for that matter a way of doing space/time magick in your opinions?

mol
March 16th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Yes, I have felt this. Especially with some of my own paintings.

Dawa Lhamo
March 17th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Yes, I have felt this. Especially with some of my own paintings.Yeah, with my own paintings; I didn't think of that. It makes sense, though, that they would be more likely to be like this, since you did create the space and 'brought it to life' with paint. Hmmm...

Tashi delek!
Dawa Lhamo

TaylorE
March 17th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Well it certainly has your energy within it, because of the act of creation. I know that my own paintings are heavily influenced by the magic I put into them and peeps have commented on how some of the paintings are very lifelike. Austin Osman Spare, (forefather of chaos magic) was very proficient at making his paintings come laive. He's now dead, but peopel hwo own his paintings have noted that at certain times of the month or year the paintings will come to "life"

I've always felt that the frames of the painting is really just a doorway that we can step past, into the looking glass or in this case into a world an author has accessed via his or her creative consciousness