PDA

View Full Version : Ok another question

Rua
August 2nd, 2004, 09:39 PM
I know that you can still get pregnant when you are on birth control but how can you tell? will you still bleed? im kinda confused.

Shanti
August 2nd, 2004, 09:45 PM
Anyone can still bleed when PG, whether or not they were on or are on birth control. But, usually it will be a lot lighter and shorter than normal. I got my monthly (lighter and shorter) for the first 4 months of one of my pregnancies!

The best way to know, be patient and wait till its a good time to take a PG test!

Zoritsa_Nepenthe
August 3rd, 2004, 12:33 PM
When I got pregnant with my oldest,I was on the pill.It wasn't until a few weeks after missing my period completely that my husband suggested I take a test(The Dr.'s office had told me not to worry,that it may have been my body getting used to a new pill).And Shanti is right in saying that you can also be pregnant and still have a period(though usually lighter and shorter in length),so it's always a good idea that if you think you may be,take a test.

Athena-Nadine
August 3rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
However, if you're on the pill it would be best for you to go to your doctor and have them do a blood test. You can get a false positive on a urine test while on the pill.

Tzhebee
August 3rd, 2004, 01:20 PM
Lets see. With my daughter I was on the pill. I still had my "period" for 4 months, but like Shanti said, it was "less" than my normal period. Less flow, shorter days, etc.

With my son, I had an IUD and I didn't bleed at all.

Both times, I confirmed that I was pregnant by taking a home preg test and followed up with a blood test.

Lady Jade
August 4th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Both times I got pregnant on the pill. Both times, I felt pregnant before I missed my period (which I did) and took a home test within a couple of weeks of brooding about it.

HorseCrow
August 5th, 2004, 05:26 AM
I know that you can still get pregnant when you are on birth control but how can you tell? will you still bleed? im kinda confused.

What kind of birthcontrol are we talking about?

bluglass
August 5th, 2004, 11:36 AM
I wasn't on birthcontrol with my last pregnancy but I too spotted. Caused them to miscalculate my due date but that's another story. I could tell because I was charting my temperature. You have particular dips and rises that in a regular woman occur on cycle. If I remember correctly (if not check naturally family planning for how to chart your temperature) your temperature spikes at ovulation and rockets down and then goes back up and stays farily even until you ovulate again. There is a formula for knowing what your baseline temperature is. If/when you get pg your temperature will rise above this line and then stay there. If it stays there for more than 30 days you are pregnant. With my first it was fun to wait and see if my temperature stayed up. And when I suspected I ran a home test. With my second when I saw my temperature go above I didn't wait and tested right away.

There are other bodily changes that you might have. Swelling of breasts, breast tenderness differnt than anything you've ever experienced. Some women get a funny taste in their mouths, some have sense of smell go quite haywire and everything bothers them. Some get morning sickness right away. Some get fuzzy headed and or very tired.

You can probably google this and get some good info.