View Full Version : Hammies!

August 4th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Just this Sunday we got a couple of male hammies. It happened so suddenly (don't worry, I did research before hand).

They're really cool!

Well, Bebop is. He is the friendliest critter I've met since my ratty, Kazi. He's real sweet. I've got bit by him only twice. First time was my fault 'cause I thought he was awake but he wasn't... 2nd time was mostly my fault too. He was kinda squabbling with the other hammy.

Mr Z/Sir Sleeps Alot/Mr Narcky is the other hammy. As you might have guessed, he sleeps alot. I have only handled him once, and it was a very short time, 'cause he was trying to get a little nippy. It was in a mostly polite way, though. It was more of a "Put me down, you silly human, I didn't ask to be picked up" kinda nibble.

Bebop needs to be taught that I -like- having fingernails. I had that problem with both of my ratties. They find out you have these long nails that must be terribly uncomfortable, so they take it up on themselves to try to groom them off for you without asking first... Le sigh.

Anyway, I love the hammy experience so far... and boy is it fun watching Bebop take a bath ^-^

Anybody else out there with hammies? Seems like every one I know had them whilst growing up, 'cept me...

August 4th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I recently got a new hamster,and unlike my old fart(Demetri,an older hamster that i'm supprised is still alive.he's almost 4 yers old!!)he is soo gente.he's a shorthair and he is soo cute and fluffy.when i feed him his tastytwig,he holds it gentle until i know he has a firm grip on it.then he backs away,stuffs it in his mouth,and begs for another one :durrrr: My old fart is reall batty for a hamster and bats it out of my fingers.well,i've already had a total of 10 hamsters+3 rabbits+20 fish+15 cats+48 animals tottal my whole life(my mom used to run a secret pet helping org.)

August 4th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Aww... Demetri sounds cool. He reminds me of my ratties ^-^

What are these "tastey twigs" you speak of? I think I know what you're talking about, but I wanna be sure...

Also, looks like we're gonna take Mr Z back tomorrow. Mr Z might be a Mrs Z, and Mrs X might be preggers. Mebbe. It's VERY hard to tell.

Bebop likes to kinda pick fights with Mr Z anyway and that can get annoying. I hate the sounds of squabbling critters.

*sniffle* Ah well, I'll be happy with just Cowboy Bebop ^-^

August 5th, 2004, 09:12 PM
tasty twigs are a snack for small animals.they look like twigs,but are loaded with vitamins and nuetrients that little hammies neeed.my hammies love them.you can get them at PetSmart or any other big pet suply store