PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Online

The High Queen of Faerie
August 6th, 2004, 07:16 PM
SpiritOnline.com (http://spiritonline.com)

i don't know if a thread has already been posted on this site, but if it has, i can't find it. if it has, i am very sorry!

anyway, i really love this website. it's been up forever, and though the content is not frequently updated anymore, i must say that it is still the best resource for wicca and witchcraft that i have come across.

it contains detailed articles (especially on the sabbats) that i found very, very useful five years ago when i was just a wee n00b to the craft. everything on the site is essentially explained in massive detail.

there are sections for beginners, and an outline of learning for those who are truly passionate about learning about witchcraft. it also has a small list of spells, which i found very helpful as a guide on how to write spells when i was starting out. there are also very detailed ritual examples for most of the sabbats, as well as for handfastings and the great rite (both symbolic and actual), for those interested.

one of my favourite sections of this site is its gallery of crafts and recipes. some of my favourite craft articles include making dream pillows, an assortment of teas, soap, and incorporating dried herbs into one's candles.

its section on wicca and magick aside, it also has detailed articles and information on shamanism, buddhism, islam, dreams, astral travel, meditation, telekenisis, and herbal healing.

i love this site. :)

i myself find information unbiased. it's a great, informative resource for any eager to learn.

Fairyelf
August 19th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I know what you mean its one of the first sites I ran into when I was learning more about Paganism.
Has alot of info.

LadyTrinity
August 19th, 2004, 02:31 PM
I put I suppose. Its a good site.

Shanti
August 19th, 2004, 02:46 PM
I didnt care for it. The info on NDE was one perspective only and says this is how it is period. This is what happens period. Its differant for many people. The site seems info short.

My opinion..I dont care for it.

Aine of the Fae
August 19th, 2004, 02:48 PM
I have to agree with Shanti. It seems very one-sided on most of it's information and I was disappointed that while it include Islam it ignored Judaism and Christianity, two religions that are more influential on the western world than any other.

DebLipp
August 19th, 2004, 02:55 PM
I can't look at anything without getting trapped in an ad-page cycle. The page opens for the blink of an eye, then becomes an ad page, and when you hit BACK, the same thing happens.

Koehnae
August 29th, 2004, 02:28 PM
I have to agree with Shanti and Aine on this one. It might be okay for some basic information, but there are far better sites out there.

Mesektet
August 29th, 2004, 03:06 PM
seems like a good site for research...

9-2-2
October 4th, 2004, 09:02 PM
I love SpiritOnline, but the webmaster has not updated the site in years, and the message boards are buggy. Hence, I rarely visit that site anymore.

AterCorax
October 4th, 2004, 09:11 PM
It used to be one of my favorite sites. I still visit it from time to time, but not very often.

Sure its not the best site ever, but I found it useful enough.

-Ater

The High Queen of Faerie
October 4th, 2004, 09:14 PM
I love SpiritOnline, but the webmaster has not updated the site in years, and the message boards are buggy. Hence, I rarely visit that site anymore.
yeah, i've been so sad about that! i visited the site frequently in 99, and it hasn't changed AT ALL since. still a lovely place for information, though. :D

elfmage
November 15th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Like a few other people. apparently, it was one of the first sites that I ever came across.

I love the section on meditations. It is very inspiring as far as creating your own go.
It has very good information on the Sabbats too. Great beginners site!